The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if I am going to be eligible for medicine with 5A*s and 5As at GCSE? (I missed the whole of year 10) providing I get AAA or A*AA at A-level? I am worried because all the med students and people applying have got about 12*s!
Reply 2561
Original post by thegreenchildren
Does anyone know if I am going to be eligible for medicine with 5A*s and 5As at GCSE? (I missed the whole of year 10) providing I get AAA or A*AA at A-level? I am worried because all the med students and people applying have got about 12*s!

Yes, you'll be absolutely fine, apply to your strengths (Not Birmingham, Oxford, Bristol) All GCSE Nazi's.

I have the same GCSEs as you and I think Penguinsaysquack on here who got into Barts Last year, had no A*s?

Correct me if I am wrong?
Original post by fletchdd02
Yes, you'll be absolutely fine, apply to your strengths (Not Birmingham, Oxford, Bristol) All GCSE Nazi's.

I have the same GCSEs as you and I think Penguinsaysquack on here who got into Barts Last year, had no A*s?

bristol are GCSE nazis? Oh no :frown:
Original post by Holz888
So what open days has everyone booked? I've booked: Leicester, Leeds, Manchester (opened today), Nottingham, and I'm booking Bristol on the 9th when it opens :smile:

booked leicester but can't go, leeds, sheffield, bsms, nottingham ang gonna book bristol too :smile:

Original post by erniiee
Aha can't wait :sexface: :biggrin:

Ah sounds great :smile: have fun! I tried to arrange some with the National Royal Orthopaedic hospital but I was unsuccessful in the application :frown: :tongue:

I got 66/100, 1 mark off a B! Happy with that considering I haven't started revision yet and our class actually did terribly - my score was 2nd best o.O

Got a lot of work to do though. :frown:

Thank you :biggrin: I also gave in my application for doing EPQ this week- exciting stuff! aw no, I didn't realise they had schemes like that though? :O

ooh that's great with no revision! It's always so annoying when it's one mark off something though! :P saaaaame, but really striggling with motivation- even though it's ten 10 days till my first exam so I have no idea why I'm not panicking, stressed and crying by now haha....
Original post by Natalie21
Haha I would but I need to fill it full of new summer wear! :wink:
2 weeks - can't wait :biggrin:

Ahaha :tongue:

Ah wow! I might be going to Paris, but that would only be a weekend :frown: I need a beach holiday! :cool:
Original post by TaraBelle
booked leicester but can't go, leeds, sheffield, bsms, nottingham ang gonna book bristol too :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: I also gave in my application for doing EPQ this week- exciting stuff! aw no, I didn't realise they had schemes like that though? :O

ooh that's great with no revision! It's always so annoying when it's one mark off something though! :P saaaaame, but really striggling with motivation- even though it's ten 10 days till my first exam so I have no idea why I'm not panicking, stressed and crying by now haha....

Ahhh good luck! Yeah, its annoying; there was a full application form and all, but I was unsuccessful :tongue: oh well! Might apply again next year just for the lolz..aha

Yea, got lots to do tho - need to get that up to at least 85! Ah I know the feeling of motivation lack T_T had it all this week :frown: I'm sure we'll get on with it over the next week though aha - what exams do you have?
Original post by Natalie21
Hahaha that smiley sums up my next week!

But study leave is so great once exams finish or towards the end of exams - that's what I'm happy about :wink:

That's the difference between A levels and uni then. That emote sums up my past month and is unrelenting for the forseeable future :redface:

True, once exams are done we will all be very happy people (hopefully)

Though personally that'll be because I'll be off relaxing in Barcelona with flatmates to celebrate end of first year :awesome:
Original post by fletchdd02

Good idea to quote me if I'm supposed to see something.. especially during this busy period :wink:

But you're absolutely correct, I got 11As, 2Bs, and 1C in my GCSEs. So you don't need A*s at GCSE to come to BL.

TBH BL don't even look at them once you've met minimum requirements, so if you're GCSEs aren't amazing then it's a good place to consider.

It's also an amazing place to consider based on the course, location, cost and everything else tbh!
If I get an A* in maths this year (did all the AS modules in January and doing the A2 modules in may) will it give me a better chance of getting in that an A?
Original post by Hippokrates
If I get an A* in maths this year (did all the AS modules in January and doing the A2 modules in may) will it give me a better chance of getting in that an A?

I think it would, although not significantly as the rest of your application has to be considered. It would certainly look more impressive though - applying with an already achieved A* Maths A Level.

i wish i was you. I hate maths.
Original post by erniiee
Ahhh good luck! Yeah, its annoying; there was a full application form and all, but I was unsuccessful :tongue: oh well! Might apply again next year just for the lolz..aha

Yea, got lots to do tho - need to get that up to at least 85! Ah I know the feeling of motivation lack T_T had it all this week :frown: I'm sure we'll get on with it over the next week though aha - what exams do you have?

haha well more the better! Let's hope so! I've got 9- 2 biology, 2 chemistry, 3 maths and 2 sociology :frown: what about you?

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

But you're absolutely correct, I got 11As, 2Bs, and 1C in my GCSEs. So you don't need A*s at GCSE to come to BL.

TBH BL don't even look at them once you've met minimum requirements, so if you're GCSEs aren't amazing then it's a good place to consider.

It's also an amazing place to consider based on the course, location, cost and everything else tbh!

what do barts see as most important? And also is it not expensive as it's london? :redface:
Original post by Richyp22
i wish i was you. I hate maths.

Haha it's not that great trust me. It meant I had 6 modules in January 3 of which were on the same day. Which meant my brain completely failed in the third exam of that day and means I have to resit so I have 8 exams in May. Plus a lot of unis won't count it in the other unless I carry on 3 a levels next year (and I'd kill to drop physics) so I'll end up with four a levels so more work for not much gain.
Haha it's not that great trust me. It meant I had 6 modules in January 3 of which were on the same day. Which meant my brain completely failed in the third exam of that day and means I have to resit so I have 8 exams in May. Plus a lot of unis won't count it in the other unless I carry on 3 a levels next year (and I'd kill to drop physics) so I'll end up with four a levels so more work for not much gain.

Your sitting 8 maths exams. HAHAHA omfg. I would literally be crying right now. Hmm yh maths is like my physics, dont know why i know all the content just cant get an A in any of my mocks,

How did you get to sit A2 this year btw?
That's the difference between A levels and uni then. That emote sums up my past month and is unrelenting for the forseeable future :redface:

True, once exams are done we will all be very happy people (hopefully)

Though personally that'll be because I'll be off relaxing in Barcelona with flatmates to celebrate end of first year :awesome:

Hahahaha I guess so :P

Until results day ://

I'm going to Barcelona in August :biggrin:

HAHAHA omfg. I would literally be crying right now. Hmm yh maths is like my physics, dont know why i know all the content just cant get an A in any of my mocks

My exact thoughts ... I can't even deal with 2 maths exams :P
Reply 2574

My friends and I are going to Spain post exams too... :K:
Your sitting 8 maths exams. HAHAHA omfg. I would literally be crying right now. Hmm yh maths is like my physics, dont know why i know all the content just cant get an A in any of my mocks,

How did you get to sit A2 this year btw?

Obviously didn't make myself clear sorry. In January I did core 1, core 2 and decision (which I am rubbish at) but also biology, chemistry and physics. In may I'm doing core 3, core 4, mechanics, biology, chemistry, physics plus biology and chemistry resits. I actually do less work in maths than my other subjects :smile: I got to do A2 because at my college if you do further maths you do maths in the first year and further maths in the second year so I'm technically in a further maths class but I'm dropping it next year so I'm not doing any further maths. I didn't plan on doing it but I was bullied into it on enrolment.
Obviously didn't make myself clear sorry. In January I did core 1, core 2 and decision (which I am rubbish at) but also biology, chemistry and physics. In may I'm doing core 3, core 4, mechanics, biology, chemistry, physics plus biology and chemistry resits. I actually do less work in maths than my other subjects :smile: I got to do A2 because at my college if you do further maths you do maths in the first year and further maths in the second year so I'm technically in a further maths class but I'm dropping it next year so I'm not doing any further maths. I didn't plan on doing it but I was bullied into it on enrolment.

They do that at my school but they only take 5 modules in yr 12 than the final one in Jan of yr 13 so that universities still count it as having been completed in yr 13 :wink:
Original post by Vulpes
My friends and I are going to Spain post exams too... :K:

I'm going to sleep after my exams -_-'
Original post by Boom533
I'm going to sleep after my exams -_-'

Hahahaha :P Love your "currently reading" section of your signature currently :wink:
Had I nice break from revision today, but I'll be back on the grind tomorrow :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending