The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy at UWE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Hi Karen!

Hope you have a fab time in Kenya. I'm sure you will get a lot out of this wonderful opportunity!!!

Does anyone know when we are suppose to do the health check thingy? I have a lot of stuff coming up soon...husband going away for a month and then I'm off to NYC for 3 wks....It will be my luck that it is scheduled during one of these times....<sigh>

Take care everyone!
Reply 221
Hi All :smile:
I too have firmly accepted an offer from UWE for OT in september :biggrin: Sorry it has taken me so long to join this forum...have a seriously hectic life at the moment!!
Gutted that I missed the open day and the chance to meet up with some of you!! Was in work that day :frown:
I was wondering if anybody is going to the welcome afternoon today?
Can't wait to meet you all (should add that I am 33 so another 'mature' student!!):biggrin:
Reply 222
Original post by Abb1eS
I too have firmly accepted an offer from UWE for OT in september :biggrin: Sorry it has taken me so long to join this forum...have a seriously hectic life at the moment!!
Gutted that I missed the open day and the chance to meet up with some of you!! Was in work that day :frown:
Can't wait to meet you all (should add that I am 33 so another 'mature' student!!):biggrin:

Hi, congratulations and welcome, I can't make it this afternoon, kids are home! Are you from bristol or will you be moving here? Hopefully we can all meet up again before we all start!
Reply 223
Original post by debsnm
Hi Karen!

Hope you have a fab time in Kenya. I'm sure you will get a lot out of this wonderful opportunity!!!

Does anyone know when we are suppose to do the health check thingy? I have a lot of stuff coming up soon...husband going away for a month and then I'm off to NYC for 3 wks....It will be my luck that it is scheduled during one of these times....<sigh>

Take care everyone!

I don't think we will hear anything until everyone has accepted a place, then they will send out the crb and health checks, I don't think that will be until at least mid may! Have a lovely time in nyc, my eldest and I were just chatting about how much we miss martins potato rolls and cinabons!
Reply 224
Original post by PaulLampeter
Interview on the 4th!!:smile:

Best of luck for today! Hope it goes/went well!
Reply 225
Hi footsteps :biggrin:
I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon...particularly the campus tour. I don't know why but I feel a really good vibe when i'm there!! :smile:
I'm living in Newport at the moment, but will be living in Caldicot as from September and commuting across! What about you?
You're right we should definitely all meet up before we start...it will make the first day far less scary!!!
Counting down now got 59 shifts left in work :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Original post by footsteps
Best of luck for today! Hope it goes/went well!

Thanks, hard to tell how it went, I will know in a week, I gather thats the last of the interviewing. Hard to tell where I would choose without knowing what other offers I may get....I should be clear by next week.
had the dreaded changes to track email, so I logged in to find I'd blown it, then phoned round the others to chase up, to find out an offer has been made from Brookes, so over the moon now :biggrin: Good luck peeps!! Roll on 3 years time when we all meet up at interviews while chasing the same job:smile:
Reply 228
Those emails are horrible; they make you instantly think the worst - but many congrats on getting a place at Brookes!!
Original post by Abb1eS

Hi Great news re your offer...I just got back from Kenya it was amazing I am defo goin g back next summer....sod the summer job ! I am 46 so will be the oldest but hell who cares, age is a number. I am up for meeting up In August if we can seelct a date....then we can all see where we are living !! and working aswell, as I need a job before I even start at UWE...
Reply 230
Original post by Citrus queen
Hi Great news re your offer...I just got back from Kenya it was amazing I am defo goin g back next summer....sod the summer job ! I am 46 so will be the oldest but hell who cares, age is a number. I am up for meeting up In August if we can seelct a date....then we can all see where we are living !! and working aswell, as I need a job before I even start at UWE...

Hello and welcome back to rainy England. Sounds like you had a great time. Happy to meet up in August if we can arrange it. On the final stretch of my Access Course so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be glad to see the back of it and get my life back over the summer!
Reply 231
Hey Guys nice to see this page up and there are quite a few lovers of the pub quiz! Gives me great hope for the upcoming year!
I got offered places at Plymouth and UWE, Uwe being my first choice.
Im guessing I'm one of the young 'uns then as I'm 20 and a young looking 20 too!
Glad of the age differences though, as 'm looking forward to a more diverse group! Plymouth seemed to be mainly school leavers, so it's nice to have a mixture!
Was worried as sent of BQ after date and was ****ting myself, but they still accepted me and without interview, less stress thank god!

Would be lovely to arrange a small get together with course members in the forseen future.
If anyone has questions about bristol, dont be afraid to ask, I live in Downend, for people that dont know its directly next o Fishponds, so a lovely local uni for me.

Looking forward to seeing you all in september
Tiff
Reply 232
Hi there - congrats on your place at UWE. I live in Downend too - just bought a bike so will be cycling to avoid parking fees and bus fare!
Reply 233
Yeh good thinking it'll take 15mins tops to cycle in.
I'm going to live away my first year anyway, just to get the whole social side.
Where abouts in Downend do you live?
I'm by the Willy Wicket pub
Reply 234
Original post by PaulLampeter
had the dreaded changes to track email, so I logged in to find I'd blown it, then phoned round the others to chase up, to find out an offer has been made from Brookes, so over the moon now :biggrin: Good luck peeps!! Roll on 3 years time when we all meet up at interviews while chasing the same job:smile:

Sorry you didn't get in, best of luck for the future!

Original post by Citrus queen

Glad you had a great time, its amazing how fast you can get used to needles etc when you have too, but why haven't you accepted your place yet, are you still thinking of other places?

Original post by tespokes
Hey Guys nice to see this page up and there are quite a few lovers of the pub quiz! Gives me great hope for the upcoming year!
I got offered places at Plymouth and UWE, Uwe being my first choice.
Im guessing I'm one of the young 'uns then as I'm 20 and a young looking 20 too!
Glad of the age differences though, as 'm looking forward to a more diverse group! Plymouth seemed to be mainly school leavers, so it's nice to have a mixture!
Was worried as sent of BQ after date and was ****ting myself, but they still accepted me and without interview, less stress thank god!

Would be lovely to arrange a small get together with course members in the forseen future.
If anyone has questions about bristol, dont be afraid to ask, I live in Downend, for people that dont know its directly next o Fishponds, so a lovely local uni for me.

Looking forward to seeing you all in september
Tiff

Welcome and congrats on your place, I too am from Bristol, I live just behind uwes frenchay campus, still haven't decided how to get in, need to see how long it takes to walk, could cycle but blackberry hill might just kill me off! Or drive and park at my mums!
Reply 235
Original post by tespokes
Yeh good thinking it'll take 15mins tops to cycle in.
I'm going to live away my first year anyway, just to get the whole social side.
Where abouts in Downend do you live?
I'm by the Willy Wicket pub

I'm not far from there - just off Westbourne road. Less than 3 miles from UWE so should be ok cycling!
Reply 236
Yeh i know westbourne road! I know carers r us and they witnessed that stabbing in the kebab shop. scary stuff
hii there?

sorry to but in to this post,, just wondering if there is anyone in year 12 on here looking to study OT at bristol in 2013? :colondollar:
Original post by SaraSp
I'm not far from there - just off Westbourne road. Less than 3 miles from UWE so should be ok cycling!

Hi I have finally confirmed Uwe as 1st choice....but have Plymouth as my insurance (comfort blanket) ! I am trying to get my head around that I will be studying for 3 years!! and am looking for accom already ...the Access course is nearly finished, 3 essays to go and 4 biology worksheets and I'm done ! Distinctions in all so far but hey if I get merits now I just am not that bothered....watching the BBc prog of wildlike in Kenya and JUST want to go back there....it was simply brilliant expereince, so anyone up for a Kenya trip next year ....working in a clinic just say...

Hope you OK and see you soon, shall we meet in August ? to see what we need to do....Karen (Citrusqueen)
Original post by footsteps
Sorry you didn't get in, best of luck for the future!

Glad you had a great time, its amazing how fast you can get used to needles etc when you have too, but why haven't you accepted your place yet, are you still thinking of other places?

Welcome and congrats on your place, I too am from Bristol, I live just behind uwes frenchay campus, still haven't decided how to get in, need to see how long it takes to walk, could cycle but blackberry hill might just kill me off! Or drive and park at my mums!

Hi....long time no posts from me but have finally confirmed UWE as 1st choice on UCAS !! we should try and meet in August...I work Sats but can meet on a sunday for lunch and see who can join us....so we can start to panic that we are actually going to be studying for 3 years !

Karen (Citrusqueen)

Quick Reply

Latest