The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dannyboy1236
I know I'm in year 10 but this place usually has more people................

I really need any past papers anyone has forEDEXCEL ENGLISH LITERATURE UNIT 1: UNDERSTANDING PROSE
Please, please someone give any to me, I only have jan 2012, I will be ever so grateful.

Edit: Don't worry....I just searched them up on the internet and found some...thanks anyway

Post the links in your post so that people searching can find them easily too.
Reply 8981
HI i'm an IGCSE student, I just finished my literature exam and I completely forgot that you have to answer an essay question as well as an extract question. I wrote two extract questions and an empathic piece. Does anyone know what will happen? I've never gotten lower than an A* so I will be really upset if they don't grade my paper or something crazy. stupidest mistake ever.
And so the exams begin.....
Original post by toby593
HI i'm an IGCSE student, I just finished my literature exam and I completely forgot that you have to answer an essay question as well as an extract question. I wrote two extract questions and an empathic piece. Does anyone know what will happen? I've never gotten lower than an A* so I will be really upset if they don't grade my paper or something crazy. stupidest mistake ever.

You'll lose the marks for the essay question.

Part a + b is usually 30 marks so you will probably get a maximum of 15.
Reply 8984
i just did my exam too, i am devastated as I made the same mistake. I did two essays and the empathy question. I could kick myself as I could have easily answered an extract question! My school are going to call the Board, but my head of English said that it's not a big issue, they only put those parameters down to try and get the majority of students to answer a variety of questions. But I am really worried. I am an A* student and if the examiner chooses to ignore one of the answers I am buggered!! What did your school say?
There is nothing you can do about it now.

Let me get this straight: you are supposed to do one essay, one extract, and one empathy piece.

Original post by toby593

You will get marked on your empathy piece and your best extract question. You will be given a 0 for the essay question.

Original post by ZEDDSTAR
i just did my exam too, i am devastated as I made the same mistake. I did two essays and the empathy question. I could kick myself as I could have easily answered an extract question! My school are going to call the Board, but my head of English said that it's not a big issue, they only put those parameters down to try and get the majority of students to answer a variety of questions. But I am really worried. I am an A* student and if the examiner chooses to ignore one of the answers I am buggered!! What did your school say?

You will be marked on your empathy question and your best essay question however you will get 0 for your extract question.

This is very surprising that you don't know which questions to pick. The exam paper is quite specific and you will have been practising for it for some time so you should have been very aware of it!
Reply 8986
Original post by x-Sophie-x
You'll lose the marks for the essay question.

Part a + b is usually 30 marks so you will probably get a maximum of 15.

I am not sure what you mean. I did syllabus 0486 Papers 1 and 2 which is 25 percent coursework and 75 percent open book exam. It's this exam that I may have messed up. Each of th three questions is worth 25 percent so if one answer is ignored I am only left with a maximum of 50 percent!
Time for me to go to school for my
EDEXCEL FRENCH LISTENING EXAM

good luck to every1 doing this exam

1hour countdown til exam :O
Time to head to school for the French listening exam....a bit nervous..

Good luck everyone!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 8989
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Time for me to go to school for my
EDEXCEL FRENCH LISTENING EXAM

good luck to every1 doing this exam

1hour countdown til exam :O

Mine's at 1.15pm, literally be in school for about 40 mins.
My French is at 2PM, it lasts 45 minutes so I have to stay for the final 30 minutes of the day. I wonder whether I should go to lessons or not...
(edited 11 years ago)
I am not sure what you mean. I did syllabus 0486 Papers 1 and 2 which is 25 percent coursework and 75 percent open book exam. It's this exam that I may have messed up. Each of th three questions is worth 25 percent so if one answer is ignored I am only left with a maximum of 50 percent!

That is what will happen. Out of the 75% the max you will get is 50%. Though you will get the marks for the best out of the two essays you did!
Original post by usycool1
Time to head to school for the French listening exam....a bit nervous..

Good luck everyone!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good luck matey!
Reply 8993
As long as you get 50% and 25% from CW... you should have 75%.
Its still alright, that's enough for a B! :smile:

And Good Luck to all doing exams today... my ones tomorrow RE.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by epic9784
As long as you get 50% and 25% from CW... you should have 75%.
Its still alright, that's enough for a B! :smile:

And Good Luck to all doing exams today... my ones tomorrow RE.

Same I have 2 RE exams tomorrow. I should get off here and revise for it. Bye!!!
Reply 8995
I have already obtained 23.5 for coursework and now, possibly, 22 and 21 for the essays that are counted - totalling 66.5% is that still a B :frown:
Good luck guys I know you'll all be fine!!!
Reply 8997
Good luck with your exams guys :smile: Do yourself proud!
I have already obtained 23.5 for coursework and now, possibly, 22 and 21 for the essays that are counted - totalling 66.5% is that still a B :frown:

66.5% is a C I am afraid.

A*=90-100%
A = 80-89%
B =70-79%
C =60-69%
D =50-59%
E =40-49%
Reply 8999
Original post by GreenLantern1
66.5% is a C I am afraid.

A*=90-100%
A = 80-89%
B =70-79%
C =60-69%
D =50-59%
E =40-49%

Not sure if that is right I am doing iGCSE Cambridge Board - the grade boundaries are usually lower than this as its a pretty rigourous exam!

Latest