The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS2 - 21th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Good Luck guys!!!!!
Reply 81
Good Luck Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been awake for 5 Hours revising with my caffeine pills and Boost cans :smile:. Just remember Refer to the case study!!! That is the key and Tbh expect pricing and location to come up as they have not been up for 2-3 years and niche marketing/mass marketing.
The case study is your friend! :biggrin:

The most annoying and repetitive piece of advise I have ever recieved for all the business exams. It just so happens however that it's totally right. All the answers are in the case study!
Reply 83
How was it? I flopped the formula question but wrote the formula so should get some marks. Just put the output wrong!

Most the paper was alright especially the first half - about budgets etc.

Quick question for the 4ps questions it said something about influences of the 4p's what exactly did this mean?

Cheers.
Reply 84
Original post by Sujayshah2
How was it? I flopped the formula question but wrote the formula so should get some marks. Just put the output wrong!

Quick question for the 4ps questions it said something about influences of the 4p's what exactly did this mean?

Cheers.

I thought it was something about a change in place because of relocation and changing promotion because it was their first time entering the European market
so they needed to invest heavily on it?
Original post by Sujayshah2

Cheers.

The labour productivity one? They were sneaky by putting the 50% increase info in a completely different paragraph to the 40 employees!

For that one I used marketing budget available and the market conditions/actions of competitors.
- Argued that a higher budget means being able to do more with promotion, can afford predatory pricing etc.

-Argued that market conditions & actions of competitors determined the pricing strategy used, eg. competitive pricing or price leading; and that how competitive the market is will determine how much emphasis needs to be placed on promotion and pricing.
Reply 86
Did the calculation question ask for 2013 or 2014 productivity?

The 4 p's I talked about promotion in the new market and the pricing of it's shells due to the expected increase in the European mussel market.
Original post by Benny100

The 4 p's I talked about promotion in the new market and the pricing of it's shells due to the expected increase in the European mussel market.

2014 :smile:

I think there were many possible answers for the 4ps question, yours and everyone else's sound good :biggrin:
Reply 88
So was the expected sales or production or whatever it was listen in the table for 2014? I definitely worked out that it was 60 workers in 2014 but don't know if I use the correct output figures
Original post by Benny100

It was for 2014. They were a bit sneaky with it, the bastards, think i got it in the end though. It was something like 4320 tonnes of muscles for 2014, 40 current employees, but a 50% planned increase for 2014 meaning that 50% of 40 = 20; 40+20=60 employees for 2014... 4320/60= 72 for labour productivity (I hope)

For the marketing mix I did both promotion and place, wrote the same as that for promotion (pretty much) and for place that the majority of their sales were overseas meaning they need a strategy for transport in place as they are handling perishable goods.
Reply 90
Thought it was an ok exam! First time I managed to finish it. The answer to the calculation question was 72! I forgot to write tonnes as the units :frown:
Reply 91
Anyone got 72 labour productivity?.. And also was it right to say that for the Marketing Mix.. The influence would be the target market which they are aiming at (promotion) ..i.e adults advertising in the media??
I got 72 for the labour productivity question.

And for the marketing mix question, I put about location and promotion because they are moving into a new market and new to advertise heavily.
Reply 93
the productivity question was output/number of employees
the figures where 40 employees + 50% by 2014= 60 employees
the output was 4320 i think
4320/60=72 units per employee?
Reply 94
Original post by lidiya
Anyone got 72 labour productivity?.. And also was it right to say that for the Marketing Mix.. The influence would be the target market which they are aiming at (promotion) ..i.e adults advertising in the media??

I got 72 :smile: yeah that should be fine, I went with competition, because it said it was a competitive market, also wrote about their finance as it was a bit dodgy..
Reply 95
Original post by Kellyy :)
I got 72 :smile: yeah that should be fine, I went with competition, because it said it was a competitive market, also wrote about their finance as it was a bit dodgy..

How did everyone do on cashflow and TQM question. I don't know I have mixed feelings about the paper.
Reply 97
Original post by dan94adibi
How did everyone do on cashflow and TQM question. I don't know I have mixed feelings about the paper.

Me too :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by dan94adibi

for the TQM was it about that would the business feel better for using it rite?
Well if so, I said that firstly they would have to invest a lot of money..well they did.. then I said that it will reduce its competitiveness.. But on the other hand the workers would be meeting their social needs (Mayo) and then said it will increase producivity :smile:)
Original post by lidiya
for the TQM was it about that would the business feel better for using it rite?
Well if so, I said that firstly they would have to invest a lot of money..well they did.. then I said that it will reduce its competitiveness.. But on the other hand the workers would be meeting their social needs (Mayo) and then said it will increase producivity :smile:)

Yh I said that too about Mayo and mentioned the £1m
I said it will bring employees together and they'll see their efforts are making a difference and also talked about quality assurance and alternative and the award they can get but I evaluated they should use TQM despite high costs it will be good in long term as TQM will create a good social working condition and related to mayo and howmitmcould improve productivity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending