The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Speech and Language Therapy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lollypop1389
Congratulations to everyone who's been offered a place at Essex!! I'll be seeing you there september!! I got an email on Friday offering me a place!!! I was in sooo much shock!! Still think its a dream! I emailed Paula back straight away just to thank her!! What do we need to do next, do we need to formally accept or are we just waiting for our next email about crbs and stuff!! Omg super excited!!! Congrats everyone!! Fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear! I hope you get good news soon! Xxxxx

Wahey, congratulations Lollypop! It really is very exciting, we're actually going to be Speech & Language Therapists! Yes, make sure you send back the acceptance/ offer slip and a cheque for £50 before the 4th June because that is the offer deadline I think? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from Essex, I hope you get some great news soon! xx
Reply 901
I'm still waiting to hear back from Essex. I'm so so so so messing myself now! I just want to know one way another. Do we think no news is good news?
Original post by Gemma25
Congratulations! It's all so exciting! We need to send back the acceptance/offer page that was at the bottom of the e-mail with a cheque for £50, other than that I assume we'll get another e-mail soon about accepting and setting up a MyEssex account, I remember her mentioning that at interview. xxx

Original post by Rachel_Joanna
Wahey, congratulations Lollypop! It really is very exciting, we're actually going to be Speech & Language Therapists! Yes, make sure you send back the acceptance/ offer slip and a cheque for £50 before the 4th June because that is the offer deadline I think? Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from Essex, I hope you get some great news soon! xx

I realise how dense my question is now!! I was away fri-mon on like a mini holiday so I could only open the first page of the offer letter on my phone, but now I'm home I see the other two pages - duuuuuh! But thank you guys for the help!! Im gonna be sending it first class, recorded and signed for to make sure it gets there lol!! Sounds really cheesy but Im so excited to meet everyone as well as the course itself. When were your interviews for Essex? xxxx
I realise how dense my question is now!! I was away fri-mon on like a mini holiday so I could only open the first page of the offer letter on my phone, but now I'm home I see the other two pages - duuuuuh! But thank you guys for the help!! Im gonna be sending it first class, recorded and signed for to make sure it gets there lol!! Sounds really cheesy but Im so excited to meet everyone as well as the course itself. When were your interviews for Essex? xxxx

mine was april 25th. So excited its really just hitting me now!! xxx
Hey guys! So I finally received an email today after waiting anxiously all weekend! It wasn't a Yes but I'm 5th on the waiting list!! To be honest it made me feel quite proud that I'm technically 35th out of 200 odd people, but gutted its not a Yes! Hope 5 people get offers somewhere else or don't get their desired grades so I can join you guys this september... The waiting continues lol. Wish me luck :smile:

Xxxxxx
Reply 905

Haha, don't worry I didn't see it until like the third time I read through it either, it's so easy to miss! My interview was the 2nd of May, I'm so intrigued to see if anyone I met got in, I can't wait til they send round the big list of e-mails and names of who got in xxx
Reply 906
Original post by Nataliex22
Hey guys! So I finally received an email today after waiting anxiously all weekend! It wasn't a Yes but I'm 5th on the waiting list!! To be honest it made me feel quite proud that I'm technically 35th out of 200 odd people, but gutted its not a Yes! Hope 5 people get offers somewhere else or don't get their desired grades so I can join you guys this september... The waiting continues lol. Wish me luck :smile:

Xxxxxx

Well done for getting so high up on the list, good luck with it all! xxx
Reply 907

Xxxxxx

Good luck Natalie, I hope you get offered a place, I like your chances as in my year people way below 5th got offered places, but I wouldn't like to say 100% as it might have been different in other years. Fingers crossed! :smile: x
Reply 908
My interview was 2nd May too and still not heard anything back yet...not entirely sure what to think. I'm guessing it's a no if you're on the waiting list. Congratulations seriously to all those that got on the course and high up on the waiting list.
Reply 909
Original post by noggin667
My interview was 2nd May too and still not heard anything back yet...not entirely sure what to think. I'm guessing it's a no if you're on the waiting list. Congratulations seriously to all those that got on the course and high up on the waiting list.

I hope you find out soon, the waiting is horrible. I wouldn't give up hope, they said on interview day they often get around half the people from the waiting list!
Reply 910
Original post by menollychan
Hi I had the same problem. They finally emailed back and said hopefully they'll be sending out the NHS funding paperwork at the end of this month. Don't think we can do anything independently til then.

Also someone has set up a Facebook group for 2012 City University London Postgrad Dip/ MSc Speech and language therapy if you haven't already joined. It's good for mutual reassurances!

Hi,

I have accepted my place on the course. I have not received anything from them since accepting.

Did you end up receiving the NHS funding paperwork?
Reply 911
Also thank you for the info regarding the facebook page. I just added myself! :smile:
Reply 912
Original post by efamc
Hi,

I have accepted my place on the course. I have not received anything from them since accepting.

Did you end up receiving the NHS funding paperwork?

I am still awaiting paperwork. If they send it out at the end of this month I guess we should receive it early June so fingers crossed!
And I'm in the facebook group too (Naomi)
Original post by dreamyfleur
mine was april 25th. So excited its really just hitting me now!! xxx

I know, I keep thinking that I'm gonna get an email being like 'oooops, that offer wasn't meant for you' I'm really excited too but it feels like there is so much to sort out with all the funding and the bursaries etc plus I need to start doing some reading so that I understand whats going on when we get there! Are all our tuition fees covered by NHS do you know, I cant remember from the interview day. I know we can apply for a bursary. xxx

Original post by Gemma25
Haha, don't worry I didn't see it until like the third time I read through it either, it's so easy to miss! My interview was the 2nd of May, I'm so intrigued to see if anyone I met got in, I can't wait til they send round the big list of e-mails and names of who got in xxx

I know, I wonder if we'll all be told to bring in our CRB documents on the same day so we get the chance to meet people. Is anyone going to the open day at all? I was thinking about it but then there's nothing for our subject in the talks so wasn't sure if it was worth it. Might just have a wander round the campus when I drop my documents off. xxx

Xxxxxx

Congratulations on getting so high up on the waiting list, that really is amazing, and fingers crossed that you get some good news soon. People who have been offered places are only conditional so there's lots of things that could change between now and september, and Paula said on the day aswell that you can be asked even like a couple of weeks into the course so there is still lots to positive about!! Fingers crossed xxxx
Congratulations on getting so high up on the waiting list, that really is amazing, and fingers crossed that you get some good news soon. People who have been offered places are only conditional so there's lots of things that could change between now and september, and Paula said on the day aswell that you can be asked even like a couple of weeks into the course so there is still lots to positive about!! Fingers crossed xxxx

Thanks just worried that if I get in and there's only a few weeks left I will have nowhere to live in time :frown:! Hurry up and let me in lol!!! X
Reply 915
I know, I wonder if we'll all be told to bring in our CRB documents on the same day so we get the chance to meet people. Is anyone going to the open day at all? I was thinking about it but then there's nothing for our subject in the talks so wasn't sure if it was worth it. Might just have a wander round the campus when I drop my documents off. xxx

I'm not sure when we have to take them, I'm in York at the moment so i hope we can take them later in the summer, I really want the next e-mail with more info on! I don't even know when the open day is? But it's quite far from me at the minute so I'll probably just wait and look round when I drop off my documents and have to go for the health check. xxx
Reply 916
Original post by Gemma25

Hi Gemma, I had my interview on the 2nd of May with you and I've been offered a place so thought I'd say hi! I think I was in the group interviews with you.

Has anyone had anything through the post or any other emails from Paula yet? I sent my cheque off but havent heard anything since last Friday.

Abi x
Reply 917
Original post by Alr22
Hi Gemma, I had my interview on the 2nd of May with you and I've been offered a place so thought I'd say hi! I think I was in the group interviews with you.

Has anyone had anything through the post or any other emails from Paula yet? I sent my cheque off but havent heard anything since last Friday.

Abi x

Hey Abi, yeah I remember, well done for getting in!

I've had nothing else yet either, I'm hoping they'll e-mail to let us know when they receive our cheques, otherwise I might call to check in a few days xxx

My interview was on the 3rd May. I'm really excited about meeting everyone too!! Where is everyone from? Will you all be living in Colchester or commuting from elsewhere? I'm from Somerset so will definitely be moving to Colchester :smile: xxx

Xxxxxx

Well done Natalie! That's really high up the waiting list, I think you've got a very good chance :smile: Good luck. xxx

Quick Reply

Latest