The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usycool1
So, do you guys think we can make it to mark IV? If we continue at this rate, we definitely will make it! :biggrin:

We will make it to mark V tbh :cool:
Original post by justanotherindigo
What?:confused:
How could they do that??!
My leaver's assembly is the end of this month-- but still...
They can't just kick you out like that!

I get why they did it (we're a boys' school..) every year the year 11s wreak havoc across the school if we're given any more than a day's notice, so they told us when we're off 5 minutes before they let us go. :/
Original post by Pandora.
Probably English Literature, Maths, History and Psychology. :smile: You?

You've got an interesting range of a levels. I'm taking English lit, history, French and religious studies.
Original post by blueray
The -1 bit is to find the angle of SOHCAHTOA :biggrin:

I'll give you an example of a SOH triangle.
If you wanted to find angle x in a right angle triangle you find the side opposite (O) to angle x and the hypotenuse (longest side) (H) to it .

Now you do SOH

so S= opposite/ hypotenuse

But since it's an angle you do Sin-1( opposite/hypotenuse)

:biggrin: Make sense?

yh theoretically i can do it! it's wen we get the diagrams lol but i havent done one in ages. after the weekend i'll do some practice and let ya no wen i get stuck :wink: thankss..
Reply 4244
Original post by Abbseh
Which language are you thinking about?
I know I'm early but I'm too excited for university, I've got about 10 prospectuses and I have a decent idea of where I want to go ahaha

I'm thinking about doing German. Just depends whether I still like it next year.
I'm more excited about next year. Getting to do subjects I enjoy, being able to drive :biggrin: Uni seems so far off.
Original post by Abbseh
Hello! I'm the awkward new one with no idea what to do... Anyone doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths for A Level? Don't let me be the only one! Ahaha

Im doing Maths, FM, Physics and Econ w. Business. That's for engineering though.
Original post by Adriennet
yh theoretically i can do it! it's wen we get the diagrams lol but i havent done one in ages. after the weekend i'll do some practice and let ya no wen i get stuck :wink: thankss..

No problem will be glad to help!

By the way, the reason I am typing in full is because short hand like "wen" etc, is against the rules :lol:, so just be careful for that as well :smile:
Original post by blueray
No problem will be glad to help!

By the way, the reason I am typing in full is because short hand like "wen" etc, is against the rules :lol:, so just be careful for that as well :smile:

omg (oh my god) lol (laugh out loud) are you serious?! against what rules?
omg (oh my god) lol (laugh out loud) are you serious?! against what rules?

It's called text speech :lol:
Original post by blueray
It's called text speech :lol:

:redface: :unimpressed:
:redface: :unimpressed:

:tongue: Don't worry :biggrin:
what are you doing over summer
Reply 4252
blueray
-

:unimpressed:

:biggrin:
Original post by Icantthinkofausern

Don't know yet :tongue:

Original post by ak137
:unimpressed:

:biggrin:

:rofl: #theterriblerulesoftsr

the national citizenship service =']
Original post by lil-mazie
I had my Leavers assembly yesterday, didn't shed one tear sadly But I did get emotional when I said goodbye to one of my bestfriends. All the girls in my school wore 6 inch heels I'm just thankful for my wedges and we went to tinsel town home to America burgers and milkshakes it's really great. Did anyone have their Leavers assembly and do you really think you'll keep in touch with your current friends?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I had mine on the 18th:smile:. I started crying when they put up a presentation of pictures from over the years with really emotional songs, then we all sang we are young at the end by fun which was awesome but sad:frown:! I think I'll definitely stay in touch, well me and my best friends are all goin to the same sixth form!:smile:

Working mainly, need to save up for trips, camera equipment and generally, earn money! I'm going to London at the end of August and need to plan some time in Belgium too. Other than that, maybe visit a few shows and spend time with friends!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Salsa C510e
Reply 4257

Having a well earned rest! (+ getting ready for uni =P)
Original post by blueray

:rofl: #theterriblerulesoftsr

:lol:

Blueray :heart:

I aspire to be like you :daydreaming:

...someday :moon:
Reply 4258
Original post by Alexx53
I'm thinking about doing German. Just depends whether I still like it next year.
I'm more excited about next year. Getting to do subjects I enjoy, being able to drive :biggrin: Uni seems so far off.

That's the good thing about A Levels, they give an indicator of what you'll enjoy on a deeper study level :smile:
Independence in general! Can we drive at 17 after getting lessons or can we only legally drive at 18?
Reply 4259
Original post by Frankster
Im doing Maths, FM, Physics and Econ w. Business. That's for engineering though.

We aren't offered economics, only business studies. Quite a few of my friends have enjoyed business and I have a friend who is interested in engineering :smile:
+1 for maths and physics!

Latest