The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by j3n8038
Well you have a good reason if your coursework isn't so good (I'm sure it's fine!)- I really regret not working on mine more now, especially year 10 work. My final piece was kind of a poster about WW1 and it's one of the only pieces I'm actually happy with! Took me about 9 hours I think.

That's really tough about the exam boards though, do you have to get a note from your GP?
And I know what you mean, I don't mind B's but if I can manage all A and A*s in my other subjects it'll just annoy me that I have one B! Art is definitely the subject I'm worried about most...

Nice :smile: What was your exam question?

Yep, and they have to explain EXACTLY what you need. Ideally I would have had extra time and a laptop/scribe :/

Yeah I was worried I was going to only just manage to scrape Bs in German and Maths too, but I've estimated my maths from the answers posted on TSR and I'm pretty sure I hit a B, maybe an A if I'm lucky! Everyone says oh art doesn't matter but it ruins how my other grades look :/ Don't want that to be the reason I can't get into a top uni..
Name: Cake Faced Kid

GCSEs (Subjects): English lit, English Lang, Maths, Biology, Chem, Physics, ICT, Drama, French, Geography, Ethics
Predictions: A* A C B B A A A* A A
A-Levels: English Language, English literature, psychology and photography
Results: TBA

If I achieve my predicted grades, I'll be pretty pleased. Getting a C in maths would make my day, I'm terrible at maths and sciences, but feel I've worked pretty hard this year.
Reply 322
Name: SQ
GCSEs (Subjects): Maths, English Language, English Literature, History, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, ICT, Media, Business and Religious Studies.
Predictions: A A B A* A B A A* A* A A
Achieved: Maths A, Eng Lit B
A-Levels: English Language, Economics, History and Maths
Results: Time Will Tell. :biggrin:
How is greenlantern1 taking Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics?
Reply 324
Original post by SportsFan
How is greenlantern1 taking Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics?

Ahaha I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths :biggrin: Deep love for the subject maybe?
Reply 325
Name: Ellie
GCSEs (Subjects): Triple science (biology, chemistry, physics), Citizenship (short course), P.E, English language, English literature, Maths, Statistics, ICT, Health and social care, Spanish
Predictions: A, A, A, C, B, B, A, B, A, A, A, B - so 7 A's, 4 B's and 1 C - even though these are my predictions im hoping to get higher!
Already Achieved: Maths (A), Biology (A*)
A-Levels: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, Spanish
Results: TBA

Absolutely dreading results day but good luck everybody!
Name: Alex
GCSEs (Subjects): triple science, english lang/lit, french, spanish, food tech, R.S (short course), maths, BCS, geography
Predictions: I have completely forgotten right now... Mainly As and A*s except food and R.S. Shockingly.
A-Levels: chemistry, biology, physics and either maths or english
Results: HOPEFULLY GOOD D:
Original post by Abbseh
Ahaha I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths :biggrin: Deep love for the subject maybe?

Woah... Good luck! I am having enough of an issue debating whether to do normal maths with three sciences D:
Reply 328
Original post by EvilAligator
Woah... Good luck! I am having enough of an issue debating whether to do normal maths with three sciences D:

I love it and I don't see a future career for myself without science :smile: what do you want to do and do you have a passion for them? I imagine that without a passion for them all they would equally be as trying as each other!
Original post by Abbseh

I think he means because biology,chemistry and physics are all sciences
How can he also be taking science as a seperate subject?
Reply 330
Original post by iwishtheskywaspink
I think he means because biology,chemistry and physics are all sciences
How can he also be taking science as a seperate subject?

Oh for GCSE? I thought he meant A Level.
Well there is core science, additional science and the third triple science so maybe the 'science' is core and then the bio, chem and physics are completely separate
Original post by Abbseh
I love it and I don't see a future career for myself without science :smile: what do you want to do and do you have a passion for them? I imagine that without a passion for them all they would equally be as trying as each other!

No I do really enjoy them, looking at a biochemistry or biomedical science degree. But yes! They would be torpid if I hated them XD
What you thinking of doing?
Original post by Abbseh
Oh for GCSE? I thought he meant A Level.
Well there is core science, additional science and the third triple science so maybe the 'science' is core and then the bio, chem and physics are completely separate

I don't think so, you see, core science and additional science are together (double science) and triple science are the 3 sciences presented seperately.
possibly just a mistake? Doesn't really matter :wink:

PS- I'm also picking biology, chemistry, physics and maths- thats my order of favorites aswell :biggrin: Biology=the best, but it's the least respected science in terms of purity :frown:
I don't think so, you see, core science and additional science are together (double science) and triple science are the 3 sciences presented seperately.

PS- I'm also picking biology, chemistry, physics and maths- thats my order of favorites aswell :biggrin: Biology=the best, but it's the least respected science in terms of purity :frown:

I was able.to (but didn't) to Core and then Separate... I just scrapped my first exam and controlled assessment... For core

I am thinking of doing those! Though my question- do I have to do maths for physics? Because I am not too keen on maths... :/
Reply 335
No I do really enjoy them, looking at a biochemistry or biomedical science degree. But yes! They would be torpid if I hated them XD
What you thinking of doing?

Oh that's good :smile: Nice options there, they seem awesome!
I'd like to either do Chemistry or physics/astrophysics but go straight in for a Master then up to PhD level :smile:
Original post by Abbseh
Oh that's good :smile: Nice options there, they seem awesome!
I'd like to either do Chemistry or physics/astrophysics but go straight in for a Master then up to PhD level :smile:

I glanced at astrophysics, saw the gargantuan maths requirements and ran screaming from the website XD DON'T WORRY PHYSICS, I STILL LOVE YOU
Oohh niiice, didn't know you could go straight for a Masters... Which uni you looking at?
Reply 337

Probably a mistake yeah :smile:

Awesome! My order of favourites is physics-chemistry (equal), maths, further maths and then biology. I do like biology but I don't think I'll have a driving love for it at A Level which I'm doubting :frown:
Name: Narutopolaris
GCSEs: Maths (A*; did it early), Eng. lit, Eng. lang, French, German, History, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, R.E. Maths FSMQ
Predictions: 10*/11* & A=FSMQ (realistically, only 7*'s)
Alevels: Maths, History, English Literature, Religious Studies
Results:
I am thinking of doing those! Though my question- do I have to do maths for physics? Because I am not too keen on maths... :/

In my school you do, yuck. You should do it anyway, even if you don't need to- apparently it can be helpful :smile:

Latest