The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Petetheseat
Yeah thanks :smile: Think I'm more tempted for the catered accomodation for my first year, then rent out with some people in my other years :smile:

Personally, I'd aim for self-catered to some degree.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by Lil2wkd
Personally, I'd aim for self-catered to some degree.

Oh really whys that ? Ive heard the experience of halls is better and easyier to meet people?
Reply 162
I've always been told self catered accomodation has been the better way of meeting people and breaking the ice, because, well, you gotta eat :P I'm planning on going for self-catered.
Reply 163
You're in university, you're gonna be meeting people anyway, and you're the one in control of what you're eating, not whatever is being sold that day.
Original post by Lil2wkd
You're in university, you're gonna be meeting people anyway, and you're the one in control of what you're eating, not whatever is being sold that day.

yeah that's true, will have a look at the accomodation pack when I get it, as half of my agrees with what you say but at the same time i don't want to be worried about what im going to eat e .c.t as i can't cook for the life of me haha :smile:
But thanks, will also have a look at self catered :smile:
Hello, not sure if this is the right thread for this post but, if anyone is looking for private sector accommodation I might have something of interest for you.

I know of a room vacancy for the upcoming 2012/13 academic year, in the 'Hoole' area of Chester. Abbey Rentals is looking for a tenant to occupy a double-size room, in a house/apartment consisting of 3 bedrooms overall.

The cost is at 90pound p.w. (per week), Electricity, Gas and Water all inclusive in the cost. Payment terms flexible in conjunction with student finance payments. Most kitchen appliances available: Fridge, Freezer, Washing Machine, Laundry room, Microwave, Cooker, Dryer. There is a breakfast area, Table, chairs/stools.

In the living area there is an LCD T.V, Lounge (fully furnished). Central Heated. Bathroom is en-suite with wash basin, shower and bathroom. Bedrooms include: carpet, bed, curtains, shelving, door lock, drawers, mirror and a fire door. It is worth noting that you will be sharing with two second year students at the university. For further details please contact Abbey rentals and request a viewing, or follow this link for contact details and further information specific to this deal: http://www.abbeyrentals.co.uk/view.asp?PropID=69&From=90%3C/strong%3E%20per%20week.

Alternatively PM me..... thanks.
Reply 166
Just applied for accommodation, got self catered standard as my 1st choice & hoping to get church college close :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Chester does sound good :smile:!!!
Reply 168
Original post by odavis92
Just applied for accommodation, got self catered standard as my 1st choice & hoping to get church college close :smile:

Same as me then, hoping for church college close :smile:
Reply 169

Are you doing your first year ?
Reply 170
Original post by Jethraw
Same as me then, hoping for church college close :smile:

Fingers crossed we both get our first choice then :smile: what course are you doing?

Reply 171
Original post by Na-dia
Are you doing your first year ?

Yeah ill be going into my first year :smile: will you be going into your first year as well?

Reply 172
Yeah ill be going into my first year :smile: will you be going into your first year as well?

No I applied for MSc and have received my conditional offer. Have accepted it and now waiting for accommodation offer as I am an international student.
Reply 173
Fingers crossed we both get our first choice then :smile: what course are you doing?

Yeah, hopefully :biggrin: I'm doing history, you?
Reply 174
Original post by Jethraw
Yeah, hopefully :biggrin: I'm doing history, you?

Fair enough, im doing sport & exercise science :smile:

Original post by saraaaah
I just firmed Chester for French & German, eek.
Anybody else? :smile:
I'm in Northern Ireland so I'm pretty certain I'm going to be a norman-no-mates when I arrive and stick out like a sore thumb doing a language degree with a N'Irish accent haha!

Haha, you'll be just fine. :smile: I'm doing French and Spanish so we'll probably have some classes together or something. XD You waiting on your results?
Reply 176
Is anyone doing forensic biology and criminology first year? I'm just about to apply for my accomodation, i wanted church college close, but worried that there's no laundry facilities? So might go for Bache Hall, it's 15 minutes away from campus though :/
Reply 177
I'm starting in september if i get the grades, i don't know anyone either cause i'm gonna be coming from Kent :smile:
Reply 178
Got chester down as my insurance choice, not actually sure if I even want to go if I don't get into my firm choice. I know that sounds dumb but I'm super nervous about it because of that fact it's an insurance choice and I'm not as keen on it as I am with my firm. uuuh I hate having to be an adult about these things
Reply 179
I'll be doing Popular Music Performance.. is anybody else doing that? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending