The Student Room Group

Did anyone else get an audition for the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony? (Part 2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Dancerwoman
Last set of emails sent to:-

1983Mike
Tinydancersmum
Wickgrin
Mandy_Panda
Neom

That's my lot. Apologies to anyone that did not receive an email from me. I will not be sending anymore for fear that TSR may (mistakenly) think that what I'm sending is spam - due to the frequency of my emailing.

Well done DW! I'm sure the rest will find us now that we have the same thread name. Here's to the next 10000 posts!!:cool:

I've emailed the following:-
Mum of Students

Thanks Dancerwoman - back in the loop - that was unexpected!
Reply 102
Thanks for the PM :smile:

I'm another one that can't see at all well without my glasses and I don't get on with contact lenses. I have a variety of different glasses though so hopefully they will consider one pair to be ok!
Reply 103
Woah! That was confusing - the thread suddenly shot up to 6 pages and 100+ posts as the last 80 odd posts from the old forum have been placed here! Thanks Forum Admins!
Thanks for the message, Dancerwoman! Also, not sure who it was that posted the list, but please add me in for the meet after the rehearsal on Sunday.

Would also like to remind people who were at the rehearsal to please be careful what ou say on here - we don't want give away any of our surprises!

Sunday's rehearsal should be AMAZING, it just keep getting more and more real!
Popped on to check out the news and all change !! :wavey:

Thankyou dancerwoman for the heads up :biggrin:

Reading back a bit tickets for a dress rehearsal for the opening ceremony would be amazing Tiny D would love to see it beforehand, as currently the closing doesn't get a dress run in the stadium.So fingers crossed all the great and spectacular stuff they have planned works first time.
Reply 106
Original post by RocKeRG
Woah! That was confusing - the thread suddenly shot up to 6 pages and 100+ posts as the last 80 odd posts from the old forum have been placed here! Thanks Forum Admins!

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, just tried to clean things up a bit. :colondollar:
I think that TSR had underestimated the popularity of this thread. Would you believe we're on page 6 already?

Well done RocKeRG for starting Part 2 of this thread up. Hopefully it will take some of the pressure off Beautifully Tragic - who started up this thread's predecessor [now closed].

Beautifully Tragic, we owe a big thank you for what originally started up as a thread exchanging auditions for the Olympics, now becoming a Olympics volunteer community!! After the Olympics are over it would be great to have as many of us on here to have friendships long after the Olympic flame is extinguished!
Oops, the Moderator must have been posting at the same time I typed the above. For a moment there I thought we were all frantically posting and hence this thread being 6 pages long.
JUST FOR THE RECORD ROCKERG IS THE CREATOR OF [PART 2] OF THIS THREAD NOT DRUMMIT.

The forum moderators copied about 80 threads from the original thread (with the same name).

Which reminds me....need to send Drummit an email informing of this thread!
Reply 110
For those that are interested, someone has started a private group on facebook for WMW https://www.facebook.com/groups/olympicswmw/

Its is a secure one, but its still best not to say too much in there about the specfics.
Reply 111
Today I received the "drop everything you're doing, rearrange your diary, delve deep into your pockets for additional travel money" Accreditation Email. I telephoned Ceremonies to find out whether it is possible to collect it at a different time and they basically said that I would need to be prepared to wait if it's outside my appointment time.

I for one certainly won't be dropping everything when I get that mail. I fully intent to go there when it's convenient for me, rather than when I'm told. If I have to wait an extra 20 mins, then it's still a result over hoiking into town and back!

Original post by commonliner
The stage management person must have had other responsibilities: I don't need glasses yet she was staring intently at my bib - twice.

Maybe she's the one that needs specs?
Reply 112
JUST FOR THE RECORD ROCKERG IS THE CREATOR OF [PART 2] OF THIS THREAD NOT DRUMMIT.

The forum moderators copied about 80 threads from the original thread (with the same name).

Which reminds me....need to send Drummit an email informing of this thread!

Out of interest, why don't you just quote people into the thread? :colondollar:
Ooops!!! Oh well it's done now. Is it possible to change the it to show one of RocKeRG's posts as the first one?

Sorry to be a pain.
Original post by Olympian
For those that are interested, someone has started a private group on facebook for WMW https://www.facebook.com/groups/olympicswmw/

Its is a secure one, but its still best not to say too much in there about the specfics.

Noticed that. I will not be joining it though as it's too risky in terms of identities etc. The very reason why I do not join any of the FB groups covering this very subject.
Reply 115
Ooops!!! Oh well it's done now. Is it possible to change the it to show one of RocKeRG's posts as the first one?

Sorry to be a pain.

I'll see what can be done. :top:

And not a pain at all. :p: Let me know if you guys need anything else.
Reply 116
Today I received the "drop everything you're doing, rearrange your diary, delve deep into your pockets for additional travel money" Accreditation Email. I telephoned Ceremonies to find out whether it is possible to collect it at a different time and they basically said that I would need to be prepared to wait if it's outside my appointment time.

Was hoping to go and collect it at the same days that I'm down for rehearsals but unfortunately, the next few weeks, my rehearsals fall on the weekends at the times when they are closed. The next time my rehearsal ends up on a weekday is in August. Do you think I should risk it and wait until then to collect it? I'm just reluctant to make the journey down and shell out extra money, just to collect my Accreditation Pass.

We received an email last week about this along with loads of other stuff. It quite clearly states that we can go any time it's open, as long as we've had an email saying our accreditation is ready. We just might have to wait slightly longer if it's not an allotted time.
Reply 117
Original post by Abiraleft

You're a star, Sir! We like it here! If you can move post number 81 to the front of the forum, that will do it!
Reply 118
Original post by Flakeydom

But yes, I've found it, the spreadsheet is up to date with Mola's news (any news on the sis, Mola?)

Shiny new thread. Nice. Must save this one to my favourites bar instead of the old one.

No news for my sister yet. She and another understudy were both ill on Tuesday but I'm hopeful they'll get cast as there were so many people missing. They definitely did me a favour though, if we'd all been there I might not be cast now! :wink:
Original post by Abiraleft

Top of page 5 of this one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest