The Student Room Group

Working in Newlook

Im 18, i work in Newlook and get paid £7.17 an hour :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ok....?
Reply 2
To let people know who are trying to get a job in newlook what they might paid if your 18 and over
Reply 3
That's very good to be fair, what store?, I handed in a CV to my nearest store not to long ago but they won't be taking on until Christmas i guess.
Reply 4
i work in westfield stratford and they are still taking in Cv's
Reply 5
Original post by Jtarone
i work in westfield stratford and they are still taking in Cv's

ohh really do you have to have experience working before, du know ?
Reply 6
Original post by A128
ohh really do you have to have experience working before, du know ?

Na you don't, when i had my interview they mostly asked about myself and like your travel it was very simple questions and then when i had my induction with the other people who got the job they have never worked before
Reply 7
Original post by Jtarone
Na you don't, when i had my interview they mostly asked about myself and like your travel it was very simple questions and then when i had my induction with the other people who got the job they have never worked before

Awesome, did you hand in your cv to the stratford store or online and also do you think they would take my cv beginning of next week? Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by A128
Awesome, did you hand in your cv to the stratford store or online and also do you think they would take my cv beginning of next week? Thanks

i handed it in the store it always good to hand it in if you do it online they wont get back to you, well hopefully they should because people were handing in there Cv this week
How much is the typical pay rate at New Look? I'm thinking of handing in my brother's CV providing the pay is above what he is currently getting at his present job.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Original post by Jtarone
i handed it in the store it always good to hand it in if you do it online they wont get back to you, well hopefully they should because people were handing in there Cv this week

Okay thanks alot, Ill try and give it in monday, hope they take it then :/
Reply 11
Original post by Hustler-1337
How much is the typical pay rate at New Look? I'm thinking of handing in my brother's CV providing the pay is above what he is currently getting at his present job.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

i think the typical pay for newlook is like £6 something for over 18 but not sure about under
Reply 12
Okay thanks alot, Ill try and give it in monday, hope they take it then :/[/QUOT
your welcome :smile: x
Reply 13
Original post by Jtarone
Original post by A128
Okay thanks alot, Ill try and give it in monday, hope they take it then :/

your welcome :smile: x

Sorry one more questtion: if I give in my CV could they ask me for an interview on the same day? And what type of questions do they ask you apart from the standard ones like why do u want to work here? , what do u think you bring to new look etc /? :smile: x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by A128
Sorry one more questtion: if I give in my CV could they ask me for an interview on the same day? And what type of questions do they ask you apart from the standard ones like why do u want to work here? , what do u think you bring to new look etc /? :smile: x

i dont think they can give you an interview on the same day because Newlook is always busy it will take like a week before they call or even 2weeks, well the questions they are me is what do you think you can bring to newlook as you said, How do you travel,how long,tell me about yourself and if you worked before they would ask why did you leave and want to join newlook thats all
Reply 15
Original post by Jtarone
i dont think they can give you an interview on the same day because Newlook is always busy it will take like a week before they call or even 2weeks, well the questions they are me is what do you think you can bring to newlook as you said, How do you travel,how long,tell me about yourself and if you worked before they would ask why did you leave and want to join newlook thats all

Ok so if I get an interview I can practice a few questions beforehand :smile:
You mean how you normally travel, so like by public transport for example? never heard that question before Lol
Did you give in a cover letter with your cv? ....sorry for so many questions I just really need a job :/
Reply 16
Original post by A128
Ok so if I get an interview I can practice a few questions beforehand :smile:
You mean how you normally travel, so like by public transport for example? never heard that question before Lol
Did you give in a cover letter with your cv? ....sorry for so many questions I just really need a job :/

Loool its ok, yeah like do you take the bus or train lool i know same but its good because its easy to answer and yeah i gave in my cover letter aswell :biggrin: x
Reply 17
Original post by Jtarone
Loool its ok, yeah like do you take the bus or train lool i know same but its good because its easy to answer and yeah i gave in my cover letter aswell :biggrin: x

Ohh right haha okay thanks for all the help, ill give this my best shot :smile: x
Reply 18
Is handing in a cv in-store the best way to apply for new look then? And should I give it specifically to manager or anyone who works there? Also should I wait till around Xmas time maybe when they'll need more staff? Lol I'm just a bit sick and tired of being rejected tbh

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Reply 19
Original post by Jtarone

Aahh i went to new look stratford today and they said they arnt taking in any more cvs...i wanted to give them my cv just to consider but they said they would just bin it :frown: whens the next time u think they will be looking for employees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending