The Student Room Group

Islamabad: Man killed by mob and body set on fire for ripped out Quran pages

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANARCHY__
Statistics for ratio of fundamentalist to rationalist Muslims please.

islam is a fundamentalist religion, and we see it causing more disaster and murder than anything good
Reply 21
Original post by badcheesecrispy
It could be, I see westernized pakistanis everywhere, the other day i saw a purely pakistani girl arm in arm with a white guy, so this is a huge probability and the way i would like it to go tbh

sorry but imagine the tables being turned- a muslim in the UK being lynched by thousands of non muslims and murdered- i think many people would agree it is a problem with a sizeable percentage of the population and clearly a problem

Of course it is a problem but it's not something you blame the whole population for. The vast majority of muslims would find this wrong, heck they just killed the man, how can any sane muslim find that right? Obviously though, the sane muslims aren't going to be put in the spotlight because the rednecks are more 'newsworthy'
islam is a fundamentalist religion, and we see it causing more disaster and murder than anything good

Argument invalid. All religions are fundamentalist. I requested statistics on the people of the religion.
Pakistan should learn to grow the **** up and accept freedom of speech laws instead of their crazy system which allows the murder of someone for simply ripping paper. Sick.
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
This kind of thing probably wouldn't have happened 40 years ago. It is linked to the rise of Saudi financed Wahhabism in Pakistan.

Also, it was in Bahawalpur, not Islamabad. Also this isn't the second this week.

Who cares if it didn't happen 40 years ago or if it happened in Bwhalpar or whatever **** - the point is that a disgraceful act in a country that allows a person to be killed for ripping paper up. Unbelievable.
Pakistan is a ****hole. My mother is from there. Even she agrees with me. Can't walk 2 steps without getting raped.
Reply 26
Original post by Pesti
I agree, it's Islam stopping a lot of Pakistanis integrating into the UK.

No. Just no. It's cultural issue. South Asians, especially Pakistanis have a problem with integrating due to cultural differences. South Asians culture that are very family oriented, so it's rare you will see South Asians marrying outside their ethnic group sometimes marrying outside their family (Cousins are included in family) are pretty much impossible, this is reason why cousin marriage is so high. If they can't integrate with South Asians other than family, then how can they integrate with us? Not possible.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen to other ethnic groups, but I'm saying that, from my experience, pretty much any Muslims from ethnic group other than South Asian, will have very little problems with integrating if not at all, they are at roughly same level as any other non-Muslim majority ethnic groups in terms of integrating.
(edited 11 years ago)
I can highly recommend Nick Cohen's book, "You can't read this book"
It has a chapter covering Pakistan's backwards blasphemy laws and recounts many cases like this, including a case where somebody was killed , not for blasphemy, but just for disagreeing with and speaking out against their blasphemy laws.
Savagery.:mad:
Reply 28
Original post by thomaskurian89
Islam is the religion of peace.

Peace through violence, eh? :holmes:
Original post by im so academic
Who cares if it didn't happen 40 years ago or if it happened in Bwhalpar or whatever **** - the point is that a disgraceful act in a country that allows a person to be killed for ripping paper up. Unbelievable.

The 'country' didn't allow it, it was an angry mob. Anyway I said it wouldn't have happened 40 years ago because people in pakistan traditionally have followed a non violent form of Islam - but in the last few decades Saudi Arabia have been funding thousands of mosques which preach a form of the religion called 'wahhabism'.. look it up.
Reply 30
Funny because the quran teaches tollerance from the little iv read.. seems that its not the religion which is bad its the people seeing though people change religion to suit themselves

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 31
Original post by Rtcw
No. Just no. It's cultural issue. South Asians, especially Pakistanis have a problem with integrating due to cultural differences. South Asians culture that are very family oriented, so it's rare you will see South Asians marrying outside their ethnic group.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen to other ethnic groups, but I'm saying that, from my experience, pretty much any Muslims from ethnic group other than South Asian, will have very little problems with integrating if not at all, they are at roughly same level as any other non-Muslim majority ethnic groups in terms of integrating.

Islam is a fundamental part of Pakistani culture, is it not?
Original post by thomaskurian89
Islam is the religion of peace.

I hope you're being ironic.
Reply 33
Original post by Tahooper
Islam is a fundamental part of Pakistani culture, is it not?

Yes and no. Your point is...? Other ethnic groups cultures have Islam in it but they rarely do this sort thing if not all.
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
The 'country' didn't allow it, it was an angry mob. Anyway I said it wouldn't have happened 40 years ago because people in pakistan traditionally have followed a non violent form of Islam - but in the last few decades Saudi Arabia have been funding thousands of mosques which preach a form of the religion called 'wahhabism'.. look it up.

If the country doesn't allow it, it should give prosecute EVERYONE involved in the murder of that man.

If anything it's worse that it wouldn't have happened 40 years ago, yet it's happening now in 2012!

Why the **** does Pakistan allow Saudi Arabia to fund these disgraceful mosques that allows the killing of innocent people?
Reply 35
Is this another atypical denial tactic? Your not honestly going to try and say that that means it didnt happen are you?

LOL

No I read the article, they don't contradict one another. I guess you missed the bit I missed too:

A senior police officer, Mohammed Azhar Gujar, said in the incident Tuesday in Bahawalpur, a city in a deeply conservative part of central Pakistan, attackers stormed a police station where the man was being interrogated.

The masses of Pakistan can be idiots at times. Unfortunately this is linked to Islam rather than the absence of it. Pakistan needs educating of what Islam is because it certainly does not support mob mentality.
Reply 36
Original post by Rtcw
Yes and no. Your point is...? Other ethnic groups cultures have Islam in it but they rarely do this sort thing if not all.

I'm getting a bit confused here, so I hope you don't mind answering this - Are you trying to say that the mob who killed the man and set on fire did so not because they were Muslims, but because they were Pakistani?
Original post by Tahooper
Peace through violence, eh? :holmes:

Executed for leaving Islam...

...Islam is still a religion of tolerance.
Reply 38
Original post by Politricks
Executed for leaving Islam...

...Islam is still a religion of tolerance.

Someone should make a meme out of that :biggrin:
Original post by Skeppy
Funny because the quran teaches tollerance from the little iv read.. seems that its not the religion which is bad its the people seeing though people change religion to suit themselves

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e

That's true, the Qur'an does say that there shouldn't be any compulsion in religion; there are some good teachings in the Qur'an, however, there are also some very controversial teachings in the Qur'an and the sharia.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending