The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Entrepreneur123
My new Nudie Grim Tim jeans came today, and they came up a lot tighter than I thought they would. How much are they going to stretch by? A significant amount or a very small amount because I'm not sure whether to return them or not now.

Original post by Narcissist
I sized up in mine, I think they run a little small. With Nudie you'll often find on ASOS that in the notes it will say "Model is a 32 waist wearing a size 34" I had to return a pair myself in January.

RE nudies: You can size down by at least 1/2 sizes and be safe, their denim stretches out a lot.

Give the GTs like 2 days to a week and they'll have stretched out. Then when you do decide to give them their first wash just be prepared to have to go through letting them stretch out again.

Like someone previously said check mynudies and supertalk's denim forum is huge and there's a vast wealth of knowledge there.

You will also realise fairly shortly that nudie's quality vs price for raw denim is a bit of a joke although they do fade pretty quickly so they're good as "gateway" raw denim.
Reply 1161
Original post by YMLT
:dontknow:
I wear black jeans with these http://www.next.co.uk/x503582s5 & it looks fine.

The one thing I cannot stand is people mixing black and brown. The most common is when people wear black trousers with brown shoes or accessories - it just looks lazy in my opinion. In London the thing I always see is people wearing otherwise fine black-based outfits, then having a brown leather bag (usually a Louis Vuitton or Gucci monogrammed bag) and it just looks stupid IMO.

I'm not really one for strictly following fashion rules, but in this case I just cannot condone it. Some colours just don't mix tbh.

As for red and green, they're actually complementary colours and go really well together in principal, it's just that it's so associated with Christmas that it looks out of place at other times. You can still do it though if you go with less obvious shades, like pairing a light khaki green with a dark burgundy.
Reply 1162
Original post by toastehmonstah
Does this outfit work?

http://www.hm.com/gb/s/03FB2C

No.
Reply 1163
Original post by paddy
The one thing I cannot stand is people mixing black and brown. The most common is when people wear black trousers with brown shoes or accessories - it just looks lazy in my opinion. In London the thing I always see is people wearing otherwise fine black-based outfits, then having a brown leather bag (usually a Louis Vuitton or Gucci monogrammed bag) and it just looks stupid IMO.

I'm not really one for strictly following fashion rules, but in this case I just cannot condone it. Some colours just don't mix tbh.

As for red and green, they're actually complementary colours and go really well together in principal, it's just that it's so associated with Christmas that it looks out of place at other times. You can still do it though if you go with less obvious shades, like pairing a light khaki green with a dark burgundy.

Thank you, someone with some sense! I agree with the red/green thing too, they do look quite well good it's just the whole I don't want to look like an elf in the middle of July thing..
Original post by YMLT
The red trousers are a bit brave... I'd be tempted to just go for jeans :smile:

I'm trying to avoid wearing jeans all the time, hence the trousers :P
Original post by toastehmonstah
Does this outfit work?

http://www.hm.com/gb/s/03FB2C

I'm trying to avoid wearing jeans all the time, hence the trousers :P

Spoiler

and don't buy shoes from H&M. They aren't the ugliest ever [lol river island] but see where it says "imitation leather"? Yeah, that's bad. Buy real leather shoes/boots on eBay or a vintage store, they'll look much better and they'll last longer--and they'll probably be cheaper too.
Reply 1167
Would it look OK to wear a shirt under a T-shirt?
Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
and don't buy shoes from H&M. They aren't the ugliest ever [lol river island] but see where it says "imitation leather"? Yeah, that's bad. Buy real leather shoes/boots on eBay or a vintage store, they'll look much better and they'll last longer--and they'll probably be cheaper too.

I once bought some shoes for a tenner on ASOS. I tried to polish them with a rain resistant coating. Instead, the polish somehow reacted with the "leather" and turned it all crusty and bubbly.
Original post by Breeze

Hell no. Don't wear a henley/granddad neck t-shirt over a shirt either. Wear a sweater/cardigan or nothing.
Original post by Breeze

Only if you're Seth Cohen in the first series of the OC.
Reply 1171

Probably my last sale buy of the season :moon:
Original post by paddy

Probably my last sale buy of the season :moon:

Nice, what was is reduced to?
Reply 1173
Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
Hell no. Don't wear a henley/granddad neck t-shirt over a shirt either. Wear a sweater/cardigan or nothing.

It's an orange t-shirt, what would you suggest?

I thought a white shirt would look fine under an orange T-shirt. lol.
Reply 1174
Original post by AjCorbell
Nice, what was is reduced to?

Was £110, now £55. You can click the picture for the link.
Reply 1175
Original post by Breeze

:lolwut: Have you thought this through.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1176
LOL, that's why I'm asking for opinions.

Cardigan/Sweater under an orange T-shirt OR
Just go with the white shirt under an orange T-shirt :|
Reply 1177
Why under?!
Reply 1178
Original post by Breeze
LOL, that's why I'm asking for opinions.

Cardigan/Sweater under an orange T-shirt OR
Just go with the white shirt under an orange T-shirt :|

Try it on and the horribly restrictive nature of the layers will tell you to avoid the t shirt. I still can't quite get my head around the idea :mmm:

Reply 1179
Original post by xEnvy
Why under?!

Agreed, just put the t shirt under.

Latest