The Student Room Group

Girls, can something as simple as a guy's haircut change whether you like him?

Yeah, basically there is this girl at my university who I have been doing some Spanish lessons with, and in return I help her improve her English, because I've always wanted to learn another language and obv. uni is a great opportunity for that.

It also happens to be that this girl is really hot as well. Even though I can't prove anything and nothing has happened between us I think there is a mutual attraction there as well.

When I first met this girl and for the first 3 weeks or so I was seeing her my hair was longer than I normally had it before. I have never actually had it long but it's just that normally I get it cut very short so for me it is.

Because this girl is Spanish it is in her culture that you hug a boy and let him kiss you on both cheeks as a greeting. I noticed however, that when I got a haircut and my hair was really short the next time I saw her she didn't do anything but say hi.

This was a recurring pattern I noticed and I'd never been rude or said anything wrong to her so I figured it could have only been this. I asked my friend and he said its because most guys in Spain don't get their hair really short like I do (I get basically a buzz cut but just with more hair on the top) and so it's not in their culture.

So girls, I'm interested, would whether a boy gets his hair cut long, short, etc actually influence that much whether you find him attractive or not?

Thanks
Personally, yes. I'd say it was exactly the same for guys. Look what happened when Emma Watson cut her hair? People always say "Emma Watson's fit - with long hair" Different styles are attractive to different people, my previous partner grew his hair shoulder length and I found it very difficult to remain attracted to him because it simply didn't suit him and I don't tend to go for guys with long hair.

Might not be something personal, maybe she finds guys with longer hair attractive.
Reply 2
My ex changed his hair style, i went from being over him to feeling very jealous and wondering 'what if' i got back etc.. i suddenyl was attacted to him all over again and previously his downfall was his hair, now its looking really good.

but no way am i going back there, did massively affect my feelings tho.
Reply 3
Original post by The Puppet Master
Personally, yes. I'd say it was exactly the same for guys. Look what happened when Emma Watson cut her hair? People always say "Emma Watson's fit - with long hair" Different styles are attractive to different people, my previous partner grew his hair shoulder length and I found it very difficult to remain attracted to him because it simply didn't suit him and I don't tend to go for guys with long hair.

Might not be something personal, maybe she finds guys with longer hair attractive.

I found Emma Watson more attractive with short hair.
simply....yes...
Original post by Nephilim
I found Emma Watson more attractive with short hair.

Well that just backs up my point that different people find different traits attractive. I didn't say no one found her attractive, she could wear a bin bag and still be attractive to me. :h:
Reply 6
Well that just backs up my point that different people find different traits attractive. I didn't say no one found her attractive, she could wear a bin bag and still be attractive to me. :h:

Technically you would be attracted to the bin bag :biggrin:
Reply 7
Yeah I think it does make a difference. Personally, I like short hair on men and I don't think I could be attracted to a man with long hair.
Original post by Nephilim
Technically you would be attracted to the bin bag :biggrin:

Well don't tell anyone but triple-ply high-density polyethylene just does something to me :sexface:
Reply 9
It's not that long hair attracts me, it's that I usually go for guys that suit long hair. If there was an attractive male with short hair that suited his face shape then I wouldn't turn him away. Perhaps it's just coincidence!
Reply 10
Well don't tell anyone but triple-ply high-density polyethylene just does something to me :sexface:

:coma:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending