The Student Room Group

Can't get over my short height (guy)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RollandGarros
I know they don't, hence i'm okay, I only have a hint of arrogance :h:

You have more than a hint of arrogance, mate.
You can be tall, muscular, sporty - and also good looking, intelligent, good personality, funny, caring, loving, etc

i.e. me.

So how is it shallow? Yes I know guys like me are rare, but we exist. Just have much higher standards in women and don't go for tall or fat women who look like rhinos.

Funny, loving, caring.... 'Just have much higher standards in women and don't go for tall or fat women who look like rhinos' Yeah you seem lovely.

Are you for real? Of course you can get guys who are 'the whole package' but most people aren't like that. What's wrong with tall women? Or fat women? That's what i mean by shallow.
Yes.

1) Awkward
2) Awkward
3) Wtf is wrong with him???
4) See response to 3 - it should be legally compulsory for men in the UK to go gym imo
5) Football isn't a sport, it's part-religion. It's the ultimate male escapism, alongside playing one.

are you bi? are you dating guys and following these rules?

anyway this is a load of rubbish, the first 2 aren't awkward at all :s-smilie: and the rest... people are different! some of the best guys i know aren't in to football! football is one of the most boring things ever and i would much prefer a guy to like sports that i like than be obsessed with one i find mind numbingly boring.
some guys don't like gym.. why would i care whether they go to gym or not as long as they aren't obese?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tahooper
Hint: women don't like arrogant pricks

Had me fooled :P
5) Football isn't a sport, it's part-religion. It's the ultimate male escapism, alongside playing one.

Football can suck my cock. It's not a religion, it's a business.
Reply 45
I know they don't, hence i'm okay, I only have a hint of arrogance :h:

I suppose you wouldn't mind posting pictures of yourself to prove that you have superior muscles and athleticism to most people on here?
Reply 46
6 foot, perhaps 6.1 (my hair stands up), but that doesn't really count.

So yeah, 181cm, relatively muscular though going on a cut now to get down to ripped BF% - trying to strive towards perfection, unlike some of the losers here who just eat whatever, never go gym and will never be as good looking as me, just because they don't have the same level of determination or will power as me.

I can eat whatever but I never put on any weight. I never go to the gym either. Am I a loser?
Reply 47
Wtf you all turning against me for, I only said my preferences, if you wanna date someone short, butters, stick thin and just generally boring, go for it.

I wouldn't in a women if it was tall(er than me) and the rest, but each to their own.

Well then, let's hope no one makes the mistake of dating you, you'd make the worst, most judgemental partner ever!
Reply 48
Isn't RollandGarros the same guy who pretty much basically told his girlfriend (!) that she was fat (!) in a very unarticulated manner?
Reply 49
Original post by NoSpeakNewSpeak
Napoleon

Napoleon wasn't actually short; he was 5'2" in French inches, which are longer than British inches (what we use today). He was about 5'7" in British inches, which was roughly average for his time.
Reply 50
Original post by Mazzini
Napoleon wasn't actually short; he was 5'2" in French inches, which are longer than British inches (what we use today). He was about 5'7" in British inches, which was roughly average for his time.

I think it was slightly over average, but yeah, point assessed and agreed with.
Reply 51
Original post by Flyteryder
I'm gay so that doesn't matter. There are other guys like me for me, albeit a bit taller :tongue:

Do you make up for the lack of height in other ways? :wink:
Reply 52
Boi stop obsessing over your height and weight ....i know a lot o tall women who date shorter skiny men ,work towards other things like being presentable, smelling good, good career,good deeds..
these might make women fall for you neway . Be happy with what u have,not all are blessed with it . A lot of genuine women see beyond looks.....
cheers mate
Reply 53
Original post by NoreenK
Do you make up for the lack of height in other ways? :wink:

Indeed I do :wink:
You can be tall, muscular, sporty - and also good looking, intelligent, good personality, funny, caring, loving, etc

i.e. me.

So how is it shallow? Yes I know guys like me are rare, but we exist. Just have much higher standards in women and don't go for tall or fat women who look like rhinos.

Lol, the irony hurts my sides
Original post by YB101
Well then, let's hope no one makes the mistake of dating you, you'd make the worst, most judgemental partner ever!

Lol, women would be exceptionally lucky to have me. Whilst i'm currently in a rebellious, untrusting, angry state of mind towards them, having in me their life when I was fully committed and loved them has been the best experience and time and love and care and affection they could have possibly asked for.

I did things that women see on tv, dream of, read in magazines, see in films. I went through half my limbs, across the world and further just for them. Only to be unappreciated.

So please don't tell me I have no reason to believe and think the way I do. Perhaps I should have mentioned this at the start, but meh, who cares. Past is past.
Reply 56
6 foot, perhaps 6.1 (my hair stands up), but that doesn't really count.

So yeah, 181cm, relatively muscular though going on a cut now to get down to ripped BF% - trying to strive towards perfection, unlike some of the losers here who just eat whatever, never go gym and will never be as good looking as me, just because they don't have the same level of determination or will power as me.

How much do you weigh atm?
Original post by TheJ0ker
How much do you weigh atm?

Let's not go off-topic, i'm currently making a progress fitness blog, read that and observe.
Original post by Flyteryder
I'm a guy, 18 years old and 5 foot 3. I'm extremely skinny and not fat at all. Everyone is taller than me and it makes me feel inadequate. Is there some way I could grow a bit taller?

Yes their is, you can do it till your about 22. Start right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UxJEaR551M
Reply 59
OP I was fairly short all through school and even when I left school at 17 I was maybe 5'6" then between 17-19 I grew to about 6'3" and I'm now 26 and 6'5" (an I ****ing hope I've stoped now) so I wouldn't worry to much as you may still be due a growth spurt. If not don't worry Tom Cruise is 5'2" and he does ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending