The Student Room Group

Mass shooting at Batman film premiere.

Scroll to see replies

Considering how many are being treated for gunshot wounds it's fortunate (if that's the right word) that only 14 people have died. Obviously it's still a great loss and is very sad.
Original post by B-Man.
Needs gas to survive. That mask contains pipes which pump gas into him.

oh right okay. I just wiki'd it, I guess the film and the comic differ a bit? Film says it's some pain-killing gas he needs to function, comic says it's some gas which gave him his super strength, that he needs to have at all times.

Well there we go, educated on a batman villain.

They're saying it was a riot helmet now anyway. Wonder what his reasoning for doing this will be...
Witnesses say he was wearing all black, a riot helmet and a bullet proof vest.

Something about the vest makes me feel queasy.
Reply 24
This **** crazy.

Great live feed: http://www.9news.com/video/9newsonline.aspx
One suspect in custody, and apparently the police suspect his vehicle contains explosives.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm trying to find out where I read it but they're evacuated his apartment block apparently due to the explosives. Why he gave himself up is going to be interesting.

Teenagers and adults (no children which is something I guess) dead and injured.
Original post by BethaneyJ
I'm trying to find out where I read it but they're evacuated his apartment block apparently due to the explosives. Why he gave himself up is going to be interesting.

Teenagers and adults (no children which is something I guess) dead and injured.

Apparently a baby was shot at point blank range.

"Eyewitnesses reported that a baby was shot at point blank range and some of the victims were children as a single masked gunman went on a rampage."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/9414264/Batman-cinema-shooting-14-people-shot-dead-and-50-injured-in-Denver.html

Edit: Yep, a witness just confirmed it.
(edited 11 years ago)
****ing hell, this is awful.
Muddies your faith in the world :frown:

You wonder how many people have to die and how many shottings America has to have before people start to question gun laws there.
Reply 30
A 6 year old has also been confirmed to have been shot :frown:
Original post by velvetbrain
Apparently a baby was shot at point blank range.

"Eyewitnesses reported that a baby was shot at point blank range and some of the victims were children as a single masked gunman went on a rampage."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/9414264/Batman-cinema-shooting-14-people-shot-dead-and-50-injured-in-Denver.html

Edit: Yep, a witness just confirmed it.

Oh my god. It's just shocking. How do you move on from seeing something like that???

They've just mentioned on the BBC that Denver is where Columnbine happened where 13 people died so this is already bigger than that.
Reply 32
When is America going to realise that guns shouldn't be legal? ****ing idiots.
Reply 33
15 dead now.
Reply 34
Yes it could.. but it is far more likely in America. Please tell me how many mass shootings there has been in Britain compared to America?
Let's all remember this is not a terrorist attack unless the suspect is proven to be related to (Muslims or Islam) somehow.
Original post by Deshi
15 dead now.

Where have you read this? The BBC seems to be quite behind.
I suppose though the fact guns are more commonplace means there's a higher chance of someone snapping and using their firearm. For example if I had a mental breakdown now, I couldn't go into my wardrobe and get out my pistol and shoot myself, or someone other people. I'd have to get a gun, which clearly if you know the right people you'd be able to get illegally, but in a broken state of mind it wouldn't be as feasible. Obviously you can get firearms in this country, but just saying ownership isn't so typical. Since gun ownership is much more standard over there, there's a higher chance someone can snap and more easily grab a gun and use it.

Not sure what they could do about it though, I doubt they give licences to people who seem unstable and even the most sensible individual could have a breakdown some point after obtaining their licence.
It makes you feel sick to the core, doesn't it? Not that it makes it different by any means, but it's absolutely not a justified act. No words, in shock.
Reply 39
Original post by ~Sanctified
Let's all remember this is not a terrorist attack unless the suspect is proven to be related to (Muslims or Islam) somehow.

Stop trying to stir the pot, there has been absolutely zero mention or suggestion of that being the case, dick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending