The Student Room Group

Mark Duggan was assassinated, claims his mother

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/duggans-mother-son-assassinated-205921587.html

Hmm ... sure, we don't know all the facts, there are unanswered questions, but there are unanswered questions on both sides, wasn't he without a doubt a big time drug dealer? So it's not like he was smelling of roses and innocent, so she shouldn't really make such sweeping statements almost a year later, does she want a repeat of the riots?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
smashing up your town and looting will put things right
Reply 2
Original post by Skip_Snip

Hmm ... sure, we don't know all the facts, there are unanswered questions, but there are unanswered questions on both sides, wasn't he without a doubt a big time drug dealer? So it's not like he was smelling of roses and innocent, so she shouldn't really make such sweeping statements almost a year later, does she want a repeat of the riots?

Probably
we need peace on the streets not war over a drug dealer.
Reply 4
wasn't he without a doubt a big time drug dealer?

If you don't have a source for this don't spout that bull****.

The family plan to hold a day of remembrance this Sunday to mark the anniversary of Mr Duggan's death.

:erm: That's going to end well.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5

He was a drug dealer so who cares if he was murdered by a racist police force, it's not like he was a respected family man.

How can you say he wasn't innocent? Wtf was he guilty of?

You've fallen victim to propaganda and biased media.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
I live near the area, and can tell you he was a big time gangster. It does seem that the media want to stir more trouble up over the summer
Reply 7
Yeah, blatantly, all drug dealers should be shot. One sec, i will pay a quick visit to my local spoons before making a trip to the tax office for being in conjunction with them. Anyone wanna lend me an AK47?
Thing is if you are going to take things written in the newspapers as gospel truth from then that says alot about the type of person you are . Newspapers lie in every story they write because there is NO REGULATION OF THE PRESS . They can write anything they want and what will happen ? Think about it , Im on my computer write now , if the papers wanted to, they can lie and say i raped a woman and all that would happen is IF i could afford it i could sue . Now if i was making millions on a daily which papers do, do you think a few hundred thousand pounds or maybe a million would set them back ... NO. Truth is its easy to print a story all you have to do it click enter . I knew mark and he wasn't a gangster at all . Only thing he did in his younger days was hang around with teenagers that wore hoods lol and chilled on their push bikes .
I'm guessing he was assassinated because he was black, hence why I've not seen any black people ever since.

Oh wait...

Also the Guardian is claiming that they felt 'ignored and marginalised'. Wow, so it's a cry for attention?
(edited 11 years ago)
Attention-seeking, as per. He was a gangster, one less **** off the streets.
Original post by cpfc12
I live near the area, and can tell you he was a big time gangster. It does seem that the media want to stir more trouble up over the summer

No disrespect but please stop spouting rubbish . Mark was NOT a big time gangster . My Gosh
Armed police were asked to carry out the stop instead of normal police, not because they suspected he had a gun, but because they knew beforehand that they were going to blow him away - is that what is being implied?

Then they found, purely by coincidence of course, that he happened to have a gun on his person?

Pull the other one...
I don't see why police would gun someone down in public with no proof and then do a risky evidence placing.
Reply 14
Original post by unclej
He was a drug dealer so who cares if he was murdered by a racist police force, it's not like he was a respected family man.

How can you say he wasn't innocent? Wtf was he guilty of?

You've fallen victim to propaganda and biased media.

Be fair we the public know nothing about his life,what if he had to deal drugs to put food on the table,maybe he was sick of signing on at the job center and wanted better for his life and dealing was the only way

And of course people cared that he died

Normally in a situation like this think to yourself this is somebody's brother,son,nephew uncle maybe even father when something happens you've got to do what you've got to do so nobody had the right to judge

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by diggy
Be fair we the public know nothing about his life,what if he had to deal drugs to put food on the table,maybe he was sick of signing on at the job center and wanted better for his life and dealing was the only way

Normally in a situation like this think to yourself this is somebody's brother,son,nephew uncle maybe even father when something happens you've got to do what you've got to do so nobody had the right to judge

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Oh, do me a ****ing favour. What a load of ****.
Original post by diggy

It was only a matter of time before someone tried to justify his criminality.

Dealing drugs to feed his family, that's a good one.

I suppose all those folks looting laptops and and TVs after the event were doing that to 'feed their families' also...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
No disrespect but please stop spouting rubbish . Mark was NOT a big time gangster . My Gosh

It's a matter of record that he was a professional criminal and just look at his pedigree. He gave up his entitlement to due process when he confronted armed policemen. When faced with such a situation, as a criminal and just like anyone else he must realise he is in mortal danger and needs to tread very carefully doing just as one is told and slowly.

Try to behave so as to change the dynamics of the situation and you will be dead. It does not matter who fired first, or whether the shot person fired at all. Police officers are not obliged to place themselve in mortal danger and things can move fast. There can be no re-runs. It's not a film.

So Duggan was killed in an armed confrontation with police officers. I do not advocate that our police (note the possesive pronoun) should go out dispensing summary justice. Of course I don't. However, as it has turned out, the public fortuitously perhaps has had a good result. Society is much better off without him when you consider all the fear and distress he has caused in his life. Add to that the unknown level of distress, fear and pain he would have undoubtably caused had he survived and a good job was done that day.

Ostensibly he was on his way somewhere with an illegal weapon, loaded and ready to go, and it is suggested that that was to avenge the death of a relative.

You see no matter what St Mark chose to do, society was not prepared to execute him. He carried with him an absolute guarantee of his survival. This time he miscalculated.

If society decides that it is to organise itself in such a cock-eyed manner then society must be prepared to accept the consequences.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by cpfc12

Exactly. From when they said he was from farm that's all that needed to be said.
Reply 19
Original post by diggy

The UK is a welfare state. No one has to resort to criminality for food.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending