The Student Room Group

So you've checked Track, what now? - 2012 Results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Potally_Tissed
Firstly, you've got into your insurance at least, so congrats :smile:

Your firm either hasn't made a decision yet or didn't get their decision to UCAS in time for it to update earlier. The next update is due at midday. At this point you just need to get your results and then if necessary you can phone your firm to see if they've made a decision.

I won't be able to get hold of my grades till midday................. What if I didn't meet the grades? What if they are thinking of letting me in if I don't meet the grades but they need me to phone them now? What if? What if?

The pressure is getting to me, neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *Commits suicide*
Original post by LadyBunion
Not much help then - sorry, hope you get some good news - you have got great A level results

its absolutely fine, i still have hope because they haven't released me and will give me a place if they can. But thank you very much and congrats to you too :rolleyes:
Original post by EllaBella<3
Got rejected with A*AB :frown: .. not quite sure what to do now! Well done and good luck to the rest of you! x

:O That is ridiculous!

Original post by DxxbPwnz
If my firm said unsuccessful is there any point in calling them or should I call them and try to get into clearing? I've been confirmed for my insurance place but ah.. no thanks :/

Same here :frown:

Can someone help me? I've got BBB (which I was sort of expecting). My firm wanted AAB and I know I've missed out by two grades but do you think it is worth ringing?

My insurance actually wanted ABB but have let me in which was nice of them, however it's really far away from home and I'm not sure I want to go there. :confused:
Original post by TheRenaissanceMan
I won't be able to get hold of my grades till midday................. What if I didn't meet the grades? What if they are thinking of letting me in if I don't meet the grades but they need me to phone them now? What if? What if?

The pressure is getting to me, neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr. *Commits suicide*

Even if they haven't made a decision yet, there's not a lot you can do without knowing your grades. They'll know that not everyone gets their results immediately. Track is due to update next at midday as well so see how you stand then :smile:
Original post by Retro.spex

Can someone help me? I've got BBB (which I was sort of expecting). My firm wanted AAB and I know I've missed out by two grades but do you think it is worth ringing?

My insurance actually wanted ABB but have let me in which was nice of them, however it's really far away from home and I'm not sure I want to go there. :confused:

If your firm is showing as unsuccessful then there's not a lot of point calling as they've made their decision. If it says "conditional" then it's possible they haven't made a decision yet, so you could call to find out what's going on.
Original post by The Doggfather
Should I wait until I get my clearing number to phone up universities in clearing? Or should I phone now?

I have told both my firm and insurance to release me from my offers and it should show that on UCAS track next time it updates. Also what time does it update?

Call UCAS first - if the unis have sent through the release then you might be in clearing already and the UCAS will be able to give you your number over the phone.

If UCAS say it still isn't showing then yes you can try ringing unis - but they wont be able to see your application so you'll have to tell them more details and they MIGHT refuse to talk to you.
Hey guys, I've just got a quick question. I received my results and did A LOT better than expected, and exceeded my 240 point offer to study CS (I firmed a very low recognised university, as I felt I would perform poorly but beat even my predicted! :biggrin:). I instead have 360 UCAS points. My question is, do I have to give up that confirmed place to apply for adjustment? Obviously, I will have to if I do find a place in adjustment, but I'd like to keep it just in the case I do not.

I tried tweeting the question to UCAS but didn't receive a response. Usually they are very responsive :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anonystudent
Hey guys, I've just got a quick question. I received my results and did A LOT better than expected, and exceeded my 240 point offer to study CS (I firmed a very low recognised university, as I felt I would perform poorly but beat even my predicted! :biggrin:). I instead have 360 UCAS points. My question is, do I have to give up that confirmed place to apply for adjustment? Obviously, I will have to if I do find a place in adjustment, but I'd like to keep it just in the case I do not.

No you don't have to speak to your firm to enter adjustment - just hit the button in Track and then contact any universities you're interested in to ask if they have got room for you.

Your firm will know that you've enetered adjustment (and so MIGHT go elsewhere) and if you get a place elsewhere UCAS will let them know about that too.

BUT do ask any adjustment unis about accommodation - the guarantee for clearing/adjusting students is often not as good as for firm/insurance students - don't end up committed to a uni if you'll have nowhere to live.
Original post by PQ
No you don't have to speak to your firm to enter adjustment - just hit the button in Track and then contact any universities you're interested in to ask if they have got room for you.

Your firm will know that you've enetered adjustment (and so MIGHT go elsewhere) and if you get a place elsewhere UCAS will let them know about that too.

BUT do ask any adjustment unis about accommodation - the guarantee for clearing/adjusting students is often not as good as for firm/insurance students - don't end up committed to a uni if you'll have nowhere to live.

Thanks! I think I'll go for it, if I'm right in that I've got nothing to lose.
Hey,

Hope everyone did ok in their results!

I have a question...

On UCAS TRACK,

I have an unconditional written beside UWE (insurance), and an conditional writter beside Oxford Brookes (firm). What does this mean? Have I been declined from OB?

Btw my thread title was only to get your attention!!! Im not that much of a tool!
It means either your firm hasn't made a decision yet, or didn't get it to UCAS in time for the first update to Track. The next update is due at midday.

If you have your results and met the offer then great, if you didn't meet the offer it's worth phoning your firm to see if they've made a decision yet.
It means you have a place at UWE whatever but OxBrookes are still deciding.

Get your results and RING them ASAP to find out if you're in or not.
Reply 272
Original post by nash_4_lyf
Hey,

Hope everyone did ok in their results!

I have a question...

On UCAS TRACK,

I have an unconditional written beside UWE (insurance), and an conditional writter beside Oxford Brookes (firm). What does this mean? Have I been declined from OB?

Btw my thread title was only to get your attention!!! Im not that much of a tool!

No it doesn't mean you have been rejected, it means that they have yet to update track. It does not mean you have been rejected or missed your offer. Once you have your results in-hand, contact your firm and ask them if they have made a decision. Congratulations on getting a place at your insurance.

Track will next update at midday.
Original post by Beska
No it doesn't mean you have been rejected, it means that they have yet to update track. It does not mean you have been rejected or missed your offer. Once you have your results in-hand, contact your firm and ask them if they have made a decision. Congratulations on getting a place at your insurance.

Track will next update at midday.

so I might get a decision from Durham at 12?
Reply 274
Original post by student1234567891
so I might get a decision from Durham at 12?

Yes, maybe, but I would say once you have your results phone them up and ask.
Original post by Beska
Yes, maybe, but I would say once you have your results phone them up and ask.

I have my results, i spoke to him when i only had one grade to go on, and he accidentally sort of revealed my grades when he admitted he wasnt supposed to.. anyways, he said he'd give me a place if enough people rejected durham as an insurance choice or whatever, so i still have hope i think :confused:
Reply 276
Original post by KingGoonIan
Does this mean my offer is still conditional? I have a further result coming out next week but I want to know if my results that came out today were good enough to keep my application conditional.
Yes - it's normal for your Track not to update until the results you expect next week have come through. If when you get today's results you find you have missed your grades for that element of the offer, it may be worth ringing the uni to find out what their view is.
Original post by Minerva
Yes - it's normal for your Track not to update until the results you expect next week have come through. If when you get today's results you find you have missed your grades for that element of the offer, it may be worth ringing the uni to find out what their view is.

Absolutely this.
Original post by Minerva

Thanks but

If the results I got that have already come out weren't good enough would I be notified now or will I need to wait to be notified until next week?
Does anyone know when UCAS track will update next?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending