The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

I GUESS in this website, there are those official Facebook groups.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/residentialservices/newstudents/residencefacebookgroups
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Just accepted my accomodation offer :biggrin:
Kent House 032-1

Lucky I got back from holiday today, could've missed it!

Original post by Joshbrown
do you know if you can choose which park house you want to be in, and if so how/when you choose? i've got it as my top choice too :biggrin:

I don't think you can, I didn't anyway. I think the actual rooms are all pretty much the same so it shouldn't really matter which one you get :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm staying in Stanmer Court for the 12/13 school year. I'm studying abroad from the US. Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat, or if you too are staying in Stanmer Court.

My official accommodations are Stanmer Court, SC 2nd Floor, Brighton, BN1 9PU, UKRoom: STAN 57C-1, SC 2nd Floor
(edited 11 years ago)
ANY Brighthelmites?? Join the group below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/363156593754861/
Original post by ElizaOlivia
I'm staying in Stanmer Court for the 12/13 school year. I'm studying abroad from the US. Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat, or if you too are staying in Stanmer Court.

My official accommodations are Stanmer Court, SC 2nd Floor, Brighton, BN1 9PU, UKRoom: STAN 57C-1, SC 2nd Floor

what university do you go in the US? and are you coming knowing a few people or no one at all.
Original post by GingerAdsz
what university do you go in the US? and are you coming knowing a few people or no one at all.

I currently attend the University of Colorado, Boulder. I will not know anyone, though I just connected with one of my roommates on facebook. Also, one of my friends is planning to attend second semester.
Original post by Red_student
I'm flat 52 in Stanmer Court... anyone nearby?!!!! lol

I'm in 57C!
Original post by ElizaOlivia
I currently attend the University of Colorado, Boulder. I will not know anyone, though I just connected with one of my roommates on facebook. Also, one of my friends is planning to attend second semester.

intresting. may see you around. lool that is if get my grades ofc
I'll be in Kent house :smile:
Reply 1149
In swanborough! :smile:
Just got my housing allocation for Northfield anyone else get allocations?

you can join your housing facebook group here

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/residentialservices/newstudents/residencefacebookgroups
Reply 1151
Got my accomodation, lewes court phase 1 i think, nearly had a heart attack when i saw the price, is almost £5000 for 39wks the going rate for an en suite room?
Original post by howag
Got my accomodation, lewes court phase 1 i think, nearly had a heart attack when i saw the price, is almost £5000 for 39wks the going rate for an en suite room?

Phase 1 is non en-suite and costs £4329
Phase 2 is en suite accommodation and costs £4950

Btw When did you get your accommodation? Did you have an unconditional offer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by howag

Whoa :eek: I'd be screwed with that, it's more than my loan. Sounds about right though, think it said the guideline price for ensuite rooms were over £120 a week at Sussex. Mines just under £4000 and that's a shared bathroom in park houses.
Just recieved my accommodation email, and I'm gonna be in Northfield. Rent's actually over £5000, which was a little more than I was expecting to pay for accomodation. and that's way more than my loan! (it was like my fourth choice too?)
Original post by hayleyemma93
I'm in Stanmer Court, anyone else? I'm doing a BA in social work :smile:

Omg, I'm in Stanmer Court too, I just found out today :smile: I'm Stan 59 C-1
Reply 1156
Original post by Dopefish47
Just recieved my accommodation email, and I'm gonna be in Northfield. Rent's actually over £5000, which was a little more than I was expecting to pay for accomodation. and that's way more than my loan! (it was like my fourth choice too?)

I'm at Northfield too, over £5k. What freaks me out the most is that I'm to be paying a third of it on the 15th when I won't even have my loan yet? :confused:

Plus, I worked out I'll have about £50 a week.. bring on the Super Noodles and Tesco's own cider.
Original post by Leute
I'm at Northfield too, over £5k. What freaks me out the most is that I'm to be paying a third of it on the 15th when I won't even have my loan yet? :confused:

Plus, I worked out I'll have about £50 a week.. bring on the Super Noodles and Tesco's own cider.

I told my mum how much it's gonna cost; she's not impressed, haha :P

I'm actually looking into a way to see if there's any way to change my accomodation to something a little cheaper, because it was about £500 more than I was expecting to pay for accomodation, and as I said, Northfield wasn't right up the list for me :/

The only way I could find was to swap accommodation after I move into uni.
Picked 3 preferences and I was put into none of them. Got Norwich House, can't remember if I had a look there or not so kinda annoyed. I applied on the deadline day but they did say it was not first come first serve but who knows. Let's hope I like my housemates!
Reply 1159
Got my accomodation - Brighthelm house 56, will anyone be joining me?

Latest

Trending

Trending