The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by brittanna
Does anyone know whether Warwick ever go into clearing (for maths)?

I think it's uncommon, there were zero clearing places this year for example. The numbers are consistently among the highest on the Maths course so they rarely need extra.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Snowdog94
I think it's uncommon, there were zero clearing places this year for example. The numbers are consistently among the highest on the Maths course so they rarely need extra.

I'm guessing Imperial is the same then?

If I was lucky enough to get an offer from Cambridge, then I don't know if I would feel comfortable putting Warwick or imperial as my insurance as they both require STEP. If you assume you got offers from all your options, what would you put as your firm and insurance?
Reply 102
I'm guessing Imperial is the same then?

If I was lucky enough to get an offer from Cambridge, then I don't know if I would feel comfortable putting Warwick or imperial as my insurance as they both require STEP. If you assume you got offers from all your options, what would you put as your firm and insurance?

I'd almost definitely go Cambridge firm and Warwick insurance, however I would have to go to Warwick & Imperial open days before making that decision. In terms of STEP, personally I'd be confident at getting a 1 or 2 in STEP II if I took the exam tomorrow.
Hi everyone :biggrin:

Username- Annabel2455
Course-Chemistry
GCSE-8A* 3A
AS levels- Chemistry (A) maths (A) physics (A) biology (A) further maths (-)
A level predictions - A*A*A
Other choices- Durham York Nottingham and cant decide on a fifth :\

Anyone else doing chemistry?
Reply 104
I'd almost definitely go Cambridge firm and Warwick insurance, however I would have to go to Warwick & Imperial open days before making that decision. In terms of STEP, personally I'd be confident at getting a 1 or 2 in STEP II if I took the exam tomorrow.

Wow, what makes you so confident?
I mean, whats you secret? :P
Reply 105
The Business Management course requires an A at Maths at GCSE however I only have a B and do not take it at A level. Is it worth me applying or will they not even consider me due to this?
Reply 106
Original post by Eddiem
The Business Management course requires an A at Maths at GCSE however I only have a B and do not take it at A level. Is it worth me applying or will they not even consider me due to this?

Unfortunately if you do not meet a requirement they will reject you straight away.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Resit GCSES Maths if you can and put the grade as pending on your UCAS :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by _Georgie
Wow, what makes you so confident?
I mean, whats you secret? :P

I've been doing the Siklos booklets since about June and just dedicate a lot of time to Maths so you start thinking mathematically is my tip. You've got to learn to reduce a question to it's fundamental properties and look for the possible methods. It's not easy, even then.
Reply 109
I've been doing the Siklos booklets since about June and just dedicate a lot of time to Maths so you start thinking mathematically is my tip. You've got to learn to reduce a question to it's fundamental properties and look for the possible methods. It's not easy, even then.

Just wondering, with Warwick is it a 1/2 in any STEP paper? ie also inlcuding STEP I?
Original post by Prendah
Just wondering, with Warwick is it a 1/2 in any STEP paper? ie also inlcuding STEP I?

Yup.
Reply 111
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Yup.

So I guess its a little easier to get a 1/2 then, or does the addition of further maths not do too much to the difficulty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
Name: Part A
Course: Management
GCSEs: 4A* 5A 2B
AS: AAB + D in 4th AS (dropped)
A2: Business, Economics, Maths (predicted A*A*A)
EC's: extremely above-average

Most likely going to defer entry till 2014 if I get on one of the gap year schemes I've applied for.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hiiii :biggrin:

Name: Anuradha
Subject: Physics
GCSE: 6A*s 4As
AS: AAAAA
A2 Predicted: A*A*AA

Applied to....
Oxford
Durham
St Andrew's
Warwick
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
Notts :biggrin:
Name: Lynn
Course: MMORSE
GCSE's: 2A*'s, 3A's, 5B's
AS: Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and Accounting - AAAA
A2: the same as AS AA*AA, predicted grades respectively
First choice: Yesssssssssss!

Does Warwick consider GCSE grades seriously? Looking at other people's GCSE grades makes me really worry :confused:
Reply 115
Original post by printergirl
is is true warwick are gcse 'nazis'
i have 7a*s 2 a's for gcse and 1 a* in short course gcse

You're completely fine - I have slightly lower GCSEs and currently study physics there. Just focus on getting top AS grades and predictions and you should be fine.
Original post by smallfish008
Name: Lynn
Course: MMORSE
GCSE's: 2A*'s, 3A's, 5B's
AS: Psychology, Maths, Further Maths and Accounting - AAAA
A2: the same as AS AA*AA, predicted grades respectively
First choice: Yesssssssssss!

Does Warwick consider GCSE grades seriously? Looking at other people's GCSE grades makes me really worry :confused:

Your GCSEs won't hurt you're application! They're good, especially with your good ASs :smile:
Original post by TheIrrational
Your GCSEs won't hurt you're application! They're good, especially with your good ASs :smile:

Thanks! Are you applying as well? :smile:
Original post by smallfish008
Thanks! Are you applying as well? :smile:

Nahh, I'm going this year, I was a 2011/2012 applicant, but I sometimes roam this thread answering things :tongue: I'm doing maths instead of MORSE though, but your GCSEs are definitely good!
Does anyone know whether Warwick ever go into clearing (for maths)?

Late reply here for you, I don't believe they do, this year they accepted people who had Warwick as their first choice but just missed out on a few marks in STEP. I think they would much rather do that than go through clearing. Also, they give out offers to 93% of applicants I heard, so they should fill their spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest