The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Is anyone applying to University of Warwick to do Media and Creative Industries?

I've applied to Warwick for media and I'm currently stressing about my portfolio since it's due in 2 weeks. Although my media teacher has said that I've got quite a strong foundation for it, I'm quite worried about the video presentation/recording I have to do as well as the 500 word essay. Anyone else in the same boat or have been through the same process and can give some advice? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I have applied but haven't heard back about the portfolio yet. How long did it take them to process your initial application? Also, best of luck with your portfolio!
Original post by lysrose
I've applied to Warwick for media and I'm currently stressing about my portfolio since it's due in 2 weeks. Although my media teacher has said that I've got quite a strong foundation for it, I'm quite worried about the video presentation/recording I have to do as well as the 500 word essay. Anyone else in the same boat or have been through the same process and can give some advice? Thanks! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ivygoose
Hi! I have applied but haven't heard back about the portfolio yet. How long did it take them to process your initial application? Also, best of luck with your portfolio!

Hello! I submitted my application on the 21st of December so right before the Christmas break. It took around 3 weeks for them to email me about submitting my portfolio. It only took that long since University's were closed for the break. But I haven't heard back from them yet as I haven't submitted the portfolio yet, for me it's due this friday haha! Just wondering, what other schools did you apply to for media and is Warwick your first choice? Good luck aswell!! :smile:
Okay cool! I applied at the beginning of January, so I expect it to take a bit longer as it's so close to the final UCAS deadline. I'm applying with achieved grades though so hopefully most offers won't take too long :-) Good luck with your portfolio! Hopefully you will hear back from them soon after.

Other than Warwick, I applied to Exeter, Edinburgh, Sussex and Kent. I think Warwick is def my first choice, but Kent might be my second- I have an offer from them and their department is really nice! I went to an online open event they had, and the course seems really cool as well. How about you?
Original post by lysrose
Hello! I submitted my application on the 21st of December so right before the Christmas break. It took around 3 weeks for them to email me about submitting my portfolio. It only took that long since University's were closed for the break. But I haven't heard back from them yet as I haven't submitted the portfolio yet, for me it's due this friday haha! Just wondering, what other schools did you apply to for media and is Warwick your first choice? Good luck aswell!! :smile:
Reply 4
Okay cool! I applied at the beginning of January, so I expect it to take a bit longer as it's so close to the final UCAS deadline. I'm applying with achieved grades though so hopefully most offers won't take too long :-) Good luck with your portfolio! Hopefully you will hear back from them soon after.

Other than Warwick, I applied to Exeter, Edinburgh, Sussex and Kent. I think Warwick is def my first choice, but Kent might be my second- I have an offer from them and their department is really nice! I went to an online open event they had, and the course seems really cool as well. How about you?

Apart from Warwick, I applied to Royal Holloway, Loughborough, City University of London and Kings College. My top choice is probably either Royal Holloway or Loughborough and then Warwick is like 3rd for me, but I'm still deciding! I have an offer from Loughborough, Royal Holloway and City though :smile:
Original post by lysrose
Apart from Warwick, I applied to Royal Holloway, Loughborough, City University of London and Kings College. My top choice is probably either Royal Holloway or Loughborough and then Warwick is like 3rd for me, but I'm still deciding! I have an offer from Loughborough, Royal Holloway and City though :smile:

Hi @lysrose

Congratulations on your offer - great to hear you're thinking about studying here at Loughborough :smile:

I'm currently in my first year at Loughborough and would be happy to help if you had any questions about studying here or about student life more generally.

Feel free to get in contact if there's anything you think I might be able to help with!

Jess

Congratulations on your offer from Kent!
If you have any questions about the university, life in Kent or questions about the course then please don't hesitate to get in touch!
-All the Best,
Beth, UKC Rep
Hi! I've actually submitted my portfolio to Warwick as well- definitely took a bit longer to hear from them because of the January rush :-)
Original post by lysrose
Hello! I also submitted my portfolio a few months ago, has anyone heard back yet? :smile:
Original post by blueducks
Hello! I also submitted my portfolio a few months ago, has anyone heard back yet? :smile:

stats?
No but I expect it to take at least a month if not more :/ When did you submit yours? :-)
No but I expect it to take at least a month if not more :/ When did you submit yours? :-)

I applied in November, the waiting is getting me nervous so I'm hoping everyone hears back soon! :smile:
Reply 12
I haven't heard back also haha, honestly can't handle all this waiting😅
I applied in November, the waiting is getting me nervous so I'm hoping everyone hears back soon! :smile:
Hey! I've just heard back and have thankfully gotten a place!! I am so happy and glad that I can stop stressing because that application process was real tough ahah. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best. If anyone else hears back too let me know :smile:
Original post by jasnicole
Hey! I've just heard back and have thankfully gotten a place!! I am so happy and glad that I can stop stressing because that application process was real tough ahah. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all the best. If anyone else hears back too let me know :smile:

Hello! I have also just heard back and gotten accepted, I'm so relieved! Do you plan on firming Warwick?? :smile:
Aw that's great! Congratulations!! And yes, I do :smile:

Hello! I have also just heard back and gotten accepted, I'm so relieved! Do you plan on firming Warwick?? :smile:
Original post by jasnicole
Aw that's great! Congratulations!! And yes, I do :smile:

Thank you so much, congratulations to you too! It was a really long process! I plan on firming it too so best of luck in achieving your entry requirements and I hope to see you there! ^-^
Thank you so much, congratulations to you too! It was a really long process! I plan on firming it too so best of luck in achieving your entry requirements and I hope to see you there! ^-^

congratulations! I'm glad that they're starting to send out offers, I know you were waiting a really long time!
congratulations! I'm glad that they're starting to send out offers, I know you were waiting a really long time!

Aww, thank you so much! I'm hoping that you'll hear back with some good news from them sometime this week too, we've all been waiting so long, you've got this!
Reply 19
Aww, thank you so much! I'm hoping that you'll hear back with some good news from them sometime this week too, we've all been waiting so long, you've got this!

congrats guys!! anyone else hear back from warwick aswell? still waiting for mine haha😅

Quick Reply

Latest