The Student Room Group

Why are the EDL regarded as bad guys...

... when everything they say is true?

1) Pakistani rape gangs have been abusing girls for years whilst the police have refused to do things about it. The EDL have been claiming this for years, Nick Griffin even longer and yup... turns out to be true.

2) Terror suspects get too soft sentances by our spineless government. Again true, you only have to look at those found guilty for raising funds and such who get let out jail early.

3) The spineless government's refusal to deport Muslims who hate this country. Again true, you only have to look at the amount of work what went into getting shot of Abu Qatada, Omar Bakri and Abu Hamza.

4) No-go areas for whites. Again true. Parts of Halifax, London, Birmingham, Luton, Oldham, Rochdale, Rotherham and Blackburn all have no-go areas for whites in Asian areas.

5) Two-tier justice system. Again true, time and time again we hear about whites getting harsh sentances when Muslims get let off for the same offence.

6) Muslims refuse to integrate into the country. Again, true. They keep to themselves and refuse to fit in.

7) The spineless government bends over backwards to appease Muslims. True again. The government are constantly pandering to the Muslims.

8) Islam is a hate-filled religion. Again, who can argue when you read some of the teachings in the Koran that Muslims follow to the letter?

9) Halal meat should be banned. True, it's cruel and pointless, who in their right mind can defend such a barbaric way of killing animals?

10) Islam has too much influence. Case in point, schools, restaurants and takeaways such as KFC selling halal only menus. What about the non-Muslims who don't want to eat halal?

11) Media pandering. Just look at the coverage in the media Saint Stephen got whilst the same media ignored the racist (and even more violent) murder of Kriss Donald until pressure from the BNP.

I could go on... but basically everything the EDL say is true, yet they get shouted down and called racist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:K: Because everything you have just said is extremely biased and subjective (and not necessary true).
(edited 11 years ago)
:banana::banana2::badger::bhangra::bl:

I hate how I have to click "more" to access my favourite smilleys
The EDL are regarded as idiots and bad guys.
Reply 4
:bhangra:
Reply 6
Original post by Zeffy

1) Pakistani rape gangs have been abusing girls for years whilst the police have refused to do things about it. The EDL have been claiming this for years, Nick Griffin even longer and yup... turns out to be true.

2) Terror suspects get too soft sentances by our spineless government. Again true, you only have to look at those found guilty for raising funds and such who get let out jail early.

3) The spineless government's refusal to deport Muslims who hate this country. Again true, you only have to look at the amount of work what went into getting shot of Abu Qatada, Omar Bakri and Abu Hamza.

4) No-go areas for whites. Again true. Parts of Halifax, London, Birmingham, Luton, Oldham, Rochdale, Rotherham and Blackburn all have no-go areas for whites in Asian areas.

5) Two-tier justice system. Again true, time and time again we hear about whites getting harsh sentances when Muslims get let off for the same offence.

6) Muslims refuse to integrate into the country. Again, true. They keep to themselves and refuse to fit in.

7) The spineless government bends over backwards to appease Muslims. True again. The government are constantly pandering to the Muslims.

8) Islam is a hate-filled religion. Again, who can argue when you read some of the teachings in the Koran that Muslims follow to the letter?

9) Halal meat should be banned. True, it's cruel and pointless, who in their right mind can defend such a barbaric way of killing animals?

10) Islam has too much influence. Case in point, schools, restaurants and takeaways such as KFC selling halal only menus. What about the non-Muslims who don't want to eat halal?

11) Media pandering. Just look at the coverage in the media Saint Stephen got whilst the same media ignored the racist (and even more violent) murder of Kriss Donald until pressure from the BNP.

I could go on... but basically everything the EDL say is true, yet they get shouted down and called racist?

The EDL are normally seen as 'bad guys' because a lot of the demonstrations they hold end up with a lot of racist and violent abuse, physically and verbally. Their policies appeal to many British families across Britain, on paper. I am not a racist but I firmly agree that Britain takes in too many refugees and asylum seekers each year and our health/police services etc are under immense, unnecessary pressure.

These policies of reducing these numbers, held both by the BNP and EDL are fundamentally fine and right. We can't cope. Our social housing is full to the brim in many areas.

The problem with this organisation is the sheer racism that runs throughout and motivates their beliefs and not just hard fact and statistic. It's a way to oppress Muslims who live here, yet they know no different because Britain is as much their home as it is mine. Why can't KFC sell halal meat as a choice? Is that not a good compromise?
My grandparents are Irish, yet my parents and myself are British. I have never even visited Ireland, it is not my home country but it is where my genes are based. I would probably laugh if someone tried to make me feel as though I don't belong here.

It's ridiculous. Majority of followers are narrow minded yobs with nothing better to do. The guys at the top are the ones you should be most careful of...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Personally my problem isn't with their reasons for thinking their is a problem (I agree that many of the issue you mentioned exist and should be dealt with) but they aren't trying to resolve the issue they are just taking out their frustration on others. The may be problems caused by religions and minorities but it won't be every member and attacking someone simply because they are part of one of the groups doesn't help. If they actually attemped to promote solutions to these issues while minimising the negative effects on innocent members of the targeted groups I might actually take them seriously.
The main problem is that most them are thick scumbags.

UAF aren't much better though, screaming 'NAZI' at people for walking around their home city etc.
Please don't feed the troll
Reply 10
Because EDL target people rather than policy. What good is rioting against asian people in Luton going to do apart from cause trouble?
Even if their cause is valid, they lose all respect when they act like thugs.
Don't post that on here, the lefties will be waving their veg at you that they've been growing in their allotments.
Original post by Zeffy

Hey:smile:
I'm a Muslim and I have got a few comments to make:smile:
First of all I don't see the EDL as the "bad" guys and also I don't believe that everything they say is correct.
1) Not all Asians are Muslim
2)Not all Muslims are Asian
Thought, I do agree majority of the Muslims in the UK are Asian i.e from the Indian subcontinent.
-Pakistan rape gangs have been abusing girls.I do believe that has happened in this country and I totally disagree with their(the males) actions. Islam does not teach us to conduct ourselves in such a manner.
-Terror suspects->I don't much about this so I'm not going to say anything about this point.
-Muslims who hate this country?I don't hate this country even though I'm not in love with the rain at the moment.I'm sure other people who are not Muslims may also"hate" this country to.Why should the government deport the people who "hate" this country?
-I have never heard of no-go areas before. Why can't people go in these "no-go" areas?
-I don't believe that their is a two-tier justice system.Please do provide me with examples.
-I do believe I am integrated.I don't hold back.I'm like everyone else but still I'm an individual. I don't refuse to fit in! Please do back your opinions with facts.
- Pandering to the Muslims? I have totally got to disagree with you.
-My religion is not a hate filled religion. It teaches us respect and self-discipline.Yes, we do follow the Quran (as we believe it is the word of God) :smile: but we also take it into context :smile:
-Why should halal meat be banned?No, its not cruel and barbaric.That's your opinion. Why don't we ban killing animals all together and become vegetarians:smile: What do you think?
-Islam has too much influence?Really,got to disagree.Yes, some organisations do sell halal only menu because most of their customers may be Muslims.Therefore, they are catering to the need in that specific environment. Ask the businesses/places that question.It's their decision at the end of the day.I do understand that some non-Muslims don't want to eat halal meat and I have got nothing against that but I don't understand why your making such a big deal about it like as if the world has just ended.Non-Mulsims can eat halal.
-Media pandering? Have you seen what the media says about Islam?:eek:
Everything that the EDL says is not true(in my opinion) and when have they got shouted down at?
Perhaps the EDL are racist because they are trying to get the Muslims out of this country and majority of those Muslims are from the Indian Sub-continent.
Original post by Zeffy

1) Pakistani rape gangs have been abusing girls for years whilst the police have refused to do things about it.

What, other than arresting them and prosecuting them? Off the top of my head there was one gang that was sentence to a combined 77 years earlier on this year.

Original post by Zeffy

2) Terror suspects get too soft sentances by our spineless government. Again true, you only have to look at those found guilty for raising funds and such who get let out jail early.een abusing girls for years whilst the police have refused to do things about it.

Lets take for example Abu Qatada. He has never been charged in the UK, but was detained indefinately without trial for the best part of a decade. When he was finally released on bail, he faced the harshest conditions ever imposed- prohibited from using a phone, computer or the internet, daily reporting to a Police station and a 22 hour curfew. Are you seriously telling me that this is the 'soft' approach? Blimey, I'd hate to know what the 'hard' option is.

Original post by Zeffy

That's a funny way to describe the Government's epic five year multi-million pound battle with the ECHR to get these men deported, a battle that they've just won, with these figures to be extradited out of the country

Original post by Zeffy

As someone who lives in an area of London with a large Asian and Muslim population and has never once encountered a problem, I find these claims highly dubious.

Original post by Zeffy

Examples?

Original post by Zeffy

This article begs to differ-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063828/Muslims-patriotic-British-people.html

To paraphrase the article-
Muslims 'are more patriotic than most British people'

Original post by Zeffy

The government panders to everyone, that's what equality laws entail.

Original post by Zeffy

People can interpret anything any which way they want, that doesn't make it true. There is for example a prominent Muslim scholar called Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri who wrote a mammoth 500 page fatwa denouncing terrorism as un-Islamic, funny though how little press attention it gets compared to the nutcases who pronounce the opposite.

Original post by Zeffy

There are many studies that conclude otherwise.

Original post by Zeffy

You make it sound like halal meat is diseased or something. There is absolutely no difference between halal meat and any other meat other than the way the animal is killed. A steak is a steak is a steak in my book. If you really feel so strong about it you are ofcourse free to find a different KFC from which to eat the good Colonel's food.

Original post by Zeffy

You obviously don't read the Daily Mail...

Original post by Zeffy

Well everything they say isn't true, alot of it is frankly nonsense. Although I believe that they demonised more than they should be, groups like UAF frankly appall me with their attempts at shouting down anyone who has a different opinion from them. Freedom of speech and right to protest anyone?
Every member and former member i've ever known is an outright racist and thug who used the EDL as an excuse to intimidate other ethnic groups and fight them.
Original post by Zeffy

Loool

If anything, the EDL are cowards. They came to 'protest' close to the area I live in during Ramadan. They were outnumbered. So the cretins are coming back again in a couple of weeks when it will be Eid. :colonhash:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

LOL

'Muslamic law'. 'Muslamic ray guns'!! HAHAAHA
Reply 18
Original post by tif49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

LOL

'Muslamic law'. 'Muslamic ray guns'!! HAHAAHA

History is written by the victor and indeed nobody wins wars unless they are armed with ray guns.
Reply 19
Original post by Zeffy

Judges set sentences, not the government.

What use is a longer sentence, anyway? Prison isn't a deterrent for the majority of people as it is, you can't seriously think it would deter radicalised individuals?

No go area for white gangs or white extremist hate groups, maybe.

Evidence?

Some Muslims.

Aside from the fact that I seriously doubt you've even touched a Qu'ran, let alone read it, the same could be said of the Bible and radicalised, fundamentalist, Christians.

Why not kosher too?

11) Media pandering. Just look at the coverage in the media Saint Stephen got whilst the same media ignored the racist (and even more violent) murder of Kriss Donald until pressure from the BNP.?

He got the coverage for being from a middle class family, a good student, not involved in gangs in any way, and was killed for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending