The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TattyBoJangles
Could be, but I try not to look into things too much. I just want to get around to firming somewhere but I can't do that if St Andrews haven't replied.. I want to know ):<

Where's your first choice?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Shengis14
Where's your first choice?

Still haven't decided between Dundee and St Andrews.

I don't want to go ahead and firm Dundee because at the moment I'm slightly worried that I'm inclined towards them because they've given me an offer. If that makes any sense :tongue:
Got accepted to the A990 program this morning! So excited...
First time on tsr. Got rejected from St Andrews yesterday. Looks like I'll need to take another gap year. I've got a really bizarre question for those who had an interview, did you get a table to put your article on? The reason I ask this is because I think I done badly in my interview because I didn't know what to do with my article (do I hold it, put it on my knees, fold it up etc). So I panicked at the beginning and we all know first impressions are crucial.
Original post by matthew1994
I've got a really bizarre question for those who had an interview, did you get a table to put your article on? The reason I ask this is because I think I done badly in my interview because I didn't know what to do with my article (do I hold it, put it on my knees, fold it up etc). So I panicked at the beginning and we all know first impressions are crucial.

Sorry to hear about the rejection :frown: I walked in, greeted the interviewers then put the article on the table. The table was quite a bit in front of me but I just walked forward.

Omg I want to know already!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 546
I got an unconditional yesterday too :smile: First offer, first choice :biggrin: Good luck to people who haven't heard yet.
Reply 547
I've created a Facebook page for all freshers 2013. Gives you an opportunity to get to know who will be in your year and some existing students will be about to answer any questions you may have.

Search for St. Andrews medic freshers 2013. Will post link when I get on laptop!
Px

Reply 548
do you think they will notify applicants at the weekend? :smile:
Original post by mulac1
do you think they will notify applicants at the weekend? :smile:

Very unlikely, I'm pretty sure they don't work weekends

Original post by polldoll
I've created a Facebook page for all freshers 2013. Gives you an opportunity to get to know who will be in your year and some existing students will be about to answer any questions you may have.

Search for St. Andrews medic freshers 2013. Will post link when I get on laptop!
Px

Can't find it, I'll have to wait for the link

Reply 551
Original post by polldoll
Congratulations to all those with offers and commiserations to those without.. Looking forward to seeing those of you that come along next year! And if there are any questions about life in St. Andrews I'm happy to answer any you might have! Px

Hi, I'm really tempted to firm St Andrews right now but I'm a bit worried that it's quite an expensive place to live - how do you find it? :colondollar:

I joined the group by the way!
Reply 553
Money wise it really depends on your budget. You are guaranteed a place in halls for first year, with the price of the cheapest means tested halls is £2800 for the year. But if you want a single, ensuite room then you might be nearer £7000 for the year. (I am guessing roughly for the expensive halls) For 2nd and 3rd year it really depends. Anything is possible if you are willing to live further out then you can rent cheaply, or even if you are lucky you can find something manageable.
I have been lucky by getting the cheap halls for all 3 years, which is helpful! So that is rent..

It is completely possible to live on a budget, if I can do it, anyone can!
Px
Reply 554
Just got an unconditional through via track. Good luck everyone! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 555
I received a conditional offer on Friday for a B in advanced higher biology. I got AAAAB in highers and 692.5 in ukcat :smile:
Got fed up with waiting so I rang them :B Was essentially told they're processing them at a leisurely pace, but that we'll all hear back by the end of this week.
Reply 557
Also got an unconditional offer today!! :smile:

I was just wondering, has anyone who has obtained an offer received a post offer email and is their a post offer open day?

Good luck to anyone who is still waiting for a reply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been stalking this page for months without commenting and finally got an offer today!!! Ecstatic!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending