The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Women's Football - Inter College

Was wondering if there are any womens inter college football teams or 5 a-side teams?

I don't really want to play for the university :/.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same :3
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sockhead
Same :3

R u stalking me? Lol joke :tongue:.

I read on the college websites and I spoke to current students and they said that they do inter college sports teams if enough people sign up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tish
R u stalking me? Lol joke :tongue:.

I read on the college websites and I spoke to current students and they said that they do inter college sports teams if enough people sign up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I was flicking through all the Lancaster threads actually... or was I? You may never know mwuahha :P

Anyway, thats good news! I'd love to get back to playing but my fitness and most likely 'skill' is far from good enough to play competitively :P
Reply 4
Haha I was flicking through all the Lancaster threads actually... or was I? You may never know mwuahha :P

Anyway, thats good news! I'd love to get back to playing but my fitness and most likely 'skill' is far from good enough to play competitively :P

Lol same, i've been smoking for nearly 2 years and stopped playing football like 3 years ago. I used to play in a womens league for the West Midlands. I want to get "fit" again though when I go Lanc. Hopefully enough lass's want to play then we can thrash the other colleges. I was the best at free kicks, hate upfront/goaly defence is the best :biggrin:. Yeah my skill level will not be on par for the uni team, unless they have a 3rd team or something haha.
Reply 5
Original post by Tish
Lol same, i've been smoking for nearly 2 years and stopped playing football like 3 years ago. I used to play in a womens league for the West Midlands. I want to get "fit" again though when I go Lanc. Hopefully enough lass's want to play then we can thrash the other colleges. I was the best at free kicks, hate upfront/goaly defence is the best :biggrin:. Yeah my skill level will not be on par for the uni team, unless they have a 3rd team or something haha.

Aw, I never really got into playing since I was far too chubby then, and there was no school team or local girls team that was my age :rolleyes: Hopefully! That sounds like a lot of fun :smile: Aw, I loved right wing. Anything defensive I suck at hehe. Haha, 4th team for me *cheer*
Reply 6
Aw, I never really got into playing since I was far too chubby then, and there was no school team or local girls team that was my age :rolleyes: Hopefully! That sounds like a lot of fun :smile: Aw, I loved right wing. Anything defensive I suck at hehe. Haha, 4th team for me *cheer*

Loool :biggrin:. As if no schools team? Where the hell do you live lol? I don't have the stamina and i never really ever did have the stamina for mid/upfront/striker its a shame coz i am decent at free kicks. Oh well lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Tish
Loool :biggrin:. As if no schools team? Where the hell do you live lol? I don't have the stamina and i never really ever did have the stamina for mid/upfront/striker its a shame coz i am decent at free kicks. Oh well lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correction - no *girls school team. It was so stupid too, since the school is renowned for its sport stuff :/ Haha in the middle of nowhere by the sounds of it :P You can be a David Luiz or something? Haha :smile:
Reply 8
Correction - no *girls school team. It was so stupid too, since the school is renowned for its sport stuff :/ Haha in the middle of nowhere by the sounds of it :P You can be a David Luiz or something? Haha :smile:

LOLOLOLOL :biggrin:

Oh so basically no girls wanted to play? Damn that sucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I know the definitely have boys inter-college ones and I do hope they have girls one as as much as I'm going to see if I'm good enough for the uni team I don't know!! You can never play enough football right, so in an ideal world I'd love to do both :smile:
Hi girls, unfortunately there is no current inter-college women's football, only the main women's team.

There is one 11 a side team for women's football and this year we won our league! :biggrin:

I know of a girl on my course who was unsure of whether to trial for the team or not as she wasn't sure if she would make it, but she is now a member of the team. The trials are held in freshers week, and I'd say even if you're considering it you should give it a go - even if you don't make the cut it's a good chance to play some football.

We are very keen for people who want to make teams at college level to be able to make them, women's football was brought up in Furness a couple of weeks ago but the general consensus was that there wasn't the demand there to get enough people turning up at a college level. If you were to find a few people in your college who were interested in creating a team, the best thing that you could do is talk to the JCR Sports secretaries about that - you'll get introduced to them in freshers week as well - and they'd be able to help you set up a team and send out feelers to other colleges :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by FurnessCollege
Hi girls, unfortunately there is no current inter-college women's football, only the main women's team.

There is one 11 a side team for women's football and this year we won our league! :biggrin:

I know of a girl on my course who was unsure of whether to trial for the team or not as she wasn't sure if she would make it, but she is now a member of the team. The trials are held in freshers week, and I'd say even if you're considering it you should give it a go - even if you don't make the cut it's a good chance to play some football.

We are very keen for people who want to make teams at college level to be able to make them, women's football was brought up in Furness a couple of weeks ago but the general consensus was that there wasn't the demand there to get enough people turning up at a college level. If you were to find a few people in your college who were interested in creating a team, the best thing that you could do is talk to the JCR Sports secretaries about that - you'll get introduced to them in freshers week as well - and they'd be able to help you set up a team and send out feelers to other colleges :smile:

Damn thats annoying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Tish
Damn thats annoying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree!!!
Hi,

Sorry just to Add onto what was said earlier, the college presidents have been discussing setting up a women's league and this is something Furness and Cartmel feel particularly passionately about. Hopefully we will have something set up ready for Freshers week which involves all colleges :smile:

Whichever college you end up joining ask your JCR Exec during Freshers Week :smile:
Reply 14
Hi,

Sorry just to Add onto what was said earlier, the college presidents have been discussing setting up a women's league and this is something Furness and Cartmel feel particularly passionately about. Hopefully we will have something set up ready for Freshers week which involves all colleges :smile:

Whichever college you end up joining ask your JCR Exec during Freshers Week :smile:

Thanks for updating us - this is great news :smile: I best get into a physical shape that doesn't resemble a space hopper!!!
Reply 15
Thanks for updating us - this is great news :smile: I best get into a physical shape that doesn't resemble a space hopper!!!

Ye that would be wise fatty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Hi,

I heard that women footy takes part in the carter field comp? I hope we have this set up :smile: thanks for the update :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hey guys,

I would just like to echo what Furness have said, and want to say that for Bowland women's football is our main priority in Sports :smile:

Patrick
Bowland President
Reply 18
Original post by Rick268
Hey guys,

I would just like to echo what Furness have said, and want to say that for Bowland women's football is our main priority in Sports :smile:

Patrick
Bowland President

If I'm at grizedale can i still join :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tish
If I'm at grizedale can i still join :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I'm Bowlands Sports Sec, the most viable way of doing this would be if we could sort something out inter college, whether it be a league or tournament or what ever. This is something we can have a look into in terms of interest and perhaps each college will set up a team early this year.

If not, im sure a non-college based competition can easily be arranged, but again subject to interest.

Regardless, if this (or anything else viable) is something you want to do, pester your college sports secs into making it happen. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending