The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

You're gonna thank yourself if you pick Hawthorne's, it's just very convenient. 5 minutes to uni = lie in, 3 minutes to library and gym, and 5 minutes from the town for groceries, and lots of restaurants nearby if you are feeling lazy to cook, etc... Also, do not worry about the halls' social life, there are plenty of ways to meet people that you can go out with, e,g, from societies, class, or sports.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Anyone know if there's any way you can move into your halls maybe a day earlier than it states on their profile? I've applied for goldney and university hall and they both say 22nd but as I have to fly from Ireland it would be easier for me to get there on 21st. Also I know you don't find out where you live until 9th september but I'd rather if I could book flights before then, so do you think it's worthwhile emailing admissions to see if they could give me a date to move in regardless of where I'm staying?
Original post by annadorts
Anyone know if there's any way you can move into your halls maybe a day earlier than it states on their profile? I've applied for goldney and university hall and they both say 22nd but as I have to fly from Ireland it would be easier for me to get there on 21st. Also I know you don't find out where you live until 9th september but I'd rather if I could book flights before then, so do you think it's worthwhile emailing admissions to see if they could give me a date to move in regardless of where I'm staying?

E-mail them, I'm flying on 21st September but I may be staying in London for a night, depends on when they want us. Still I think coming a day earlier won't be a problem at all as there are internationals arriving a week earlier. :smile:
Original post by hazel.red.leaf
E-mail them, I'm flying on 21st September but I may be staying in London for a night, depends on when they want us. Still I think coming a day earlier won't be a problem at all as there are internationals arriving a week earlier. :smile:

Thanks!! I'll email them and see if it's possible, hopefully shouldn't be a problem
Anyone got an photos of University Hall rooms other than whats on the website?
Need some help have no clue what Hall's to choose!!!!!!!! Thinking not too far away from the centre and self catered? Hawthorns seems tempting :smile: any other ideas would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :L
Original post by georgew8man
Need some help have no clue what Hall's to choose!!!!!!!! Thinking not too far away from the centre and self catered? Hawthorns seems tempting :smile: any other ideas would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :L

Manor! It's my first choice, so if I get in, it'd be really fun! :biggrin:
Reply 8607
Finally I have applied to Hawthorns and Richmond Terrace, yesterday, after getting the results. Had a moment when writing about myself, seeing how my life was all about a-levels for last 2 years I even forgot who I am lol.
Original post by hazel.red.leaf
Manor! It's my first choice, so if I get in, it'd be really fun! :biggrin:

Hahahahha im sure it would be ! Classic comment by the way XD Just had a look and the manor seems pretty good nice location and good amenities, might end up being my first choice ! Price is decent and all!!!
Which halls has the best party reputation?
which halls has a good balance of things?

somewhere thats not too quiet, but not too over-the-top party-wise
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8611
Why is it that Manor Hall has varying prices for the same rooms: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/residences/manor/.
Apparently a single room with no basin can vary from £92 to £113, but what's the difference between those?
Reply 8612
Some are bigger than others I think
Original post by donne
Floor in the corridors is carpeted but floors in the rooms still wooden yep!

The furniture is all new its like medium pine i guess the desks were really big and then there was a chest of drawers/armchair/nightstand/computer chair/big mirror. Also both rooms i saw had fireplaces so i think they all have them as well? They're blocked but still cool because they have a little mantelpieces and then the windows were really big as well!!

Hey there :smile:

Is this regarding Manor hall? If so, have the kitchens and toilets been refurbished too - or are the pictures on the website recent ?

Also does anyone know how I apply for accommodation - i only received my offfer the other day so ... does the form for application come in the starter pack or what ? :smile:
thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8614
Original post by ghobro
Why is it that Manor Hall has varying prices for the same rooms: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/residences/manor/.
Apparently a single room with no basin can vary from £92 to £113, but what's the difference between those?

It'll depend if you're in the main hall or in an annexe. The prices vary according to which building you're in. Room sizes do vary but the prices within each annexe are the same as far as I'm aware (unless you're in a shared or a temporary room...) Hope that makes sense!!
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what 115 Queens Road is like? :smile:
Original post by jojo1995
Hey there :smile:

Is this regarding Manor hall? If so, have the kitchens and toilets been refurbished too - or are the pictures on the website recent ?

Also does anyone know how I apply for accommodation - i only received my offfer the other day so ... does the form for application come in the starter pack or what ? :smile:
thank you!

The application is done online here:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/apply/

as part of the application you have to write a little bit about yourself - they attempt to put you with like-minded people - so it's worth doing that in a word document first and then copy-and-pasting it once you get to that section. :smile:

I don't think the pictures of manor on the website are recent, they've just been redoing the main building and so if you look at the price list, those are the single with basin rooms that say the number is yet to be confirmed. (anybody correct me if i'm wrong!) so, sorry, I'm not sure.
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
The application is done online here:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/apply/

as part of the application you have to write a little bit about yourself - they attempt to put you with like-minded people - so it's worth doing that in a word document first and then copy-and-pasting it once you get to that section. :smile:

I don't think the pictures of manor on the website are recent, they've just been redoing the main building and so if you look at the price list, those are the single with basin rooms that say the number is yet to be confirmed. (anybody correct me if i'm wrong!) so, sorry, I'm not sure.

Thank you so much !!! I ended up applying for manor and queens so I've just got to hope they are amazing and that I get a place :biggrin: I think you are right though :smile: Whereabouts did you apply?
Original post by jojo1995
Thank you so much !!! I ended up applying for manor and queens so I've just got to hope they are amazing and that I get a place :biggrin: I think you are right though :smile: Whereabouts did you apply?

no worries :h:
I also put manor first (single with basin) but put winkworth house second :smile:
I really hope so too! I thought manor was a sure thing because it was so undersubscribed last year, but it seems it's quite a lot more popular this year. fingers crossed we get in! :biggrin:
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
no worries :h:
I also put manor first (single with basin) but put winkworth house second :smile:
I really hope so too! I thought manor was a sure thing because it was so undersubscribed last year, but it seems it's quite a lot more popular this year. fingers crossed we get in! :biggrin:

Awwww!!! Hopefully I'll see you around - damn so many people applying this year haha :frown:

Ooh I don't think I looked at winkworth actually :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending