The Student Room Group

Are there any good looking smart girls out there?

Most of my friends in my college say that the smart intelligent girls who do well in school especially in maths and science orientated subjects are not very attractive. Personally, I think these girls are lovely and great to have conversations with but I haven't really met one that catches my attention. So I was just wondering if there are any out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Definitely! Just maybe not at your school!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely none whatsoever mate.
Its the sterotype for there to be more males who do those kind of subjects so thats probably where your friends' claim stems from. Most of the girls who do those subjects are tomboys
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
No, there are absolutely no good looking, smart girls anywhere.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Its the sterotype for there to be more males who do those kind of subjects so thats probably where your friends' claim stems from.

Well it is kinda true, there's only 6 girls in my maths class
Go to LSE and your mind would probably be blown, though they all do humanities, and most aren't from the UK
Me :wink:

Jks :frown:
Original post by DKenway
Most of my friends in my college say that the smart intelligent girls who do well in school especially in maths and science orientated subjects are not very attractive. Personally, I think these girls are lovely and great to have conversations with but I haven't really met one that catches my attention. So I was just wondering if there are any out there?

I got mainly A*s at GCSE and take maths/science at a level and I've had boyfriends so that's something. I think it's just because there are hardly any smart girls who are also (by the majorities standards) attractive...
(edited 10 years ago)
My girlfriend is doing a Physics PhD and is incredibly hot. But I guess this isn't so useful for the OP since she's taken. I'm sure there are more out there though!
Nah OP, scientific research has suggested that all intelligent girls require more room for their brain in their head, so their head shape becomes deformed therefore causes them to become ugly.

Spoiler

Reply 11
Yes but a lot of them are more interested in their education than having a boyfriend.
Reply 12
The attractive ones are majoring in English rather than Maths and Science!
Or hair and beauty.
I do maths, and there are several girls on my course who look nothing like the stereotype of 'maths geek'. If you saw them in the street you would probably assume they were doing a hairdressing course - such is the power of stereotype. The best thing I can say is don't assume anything about anyone. :smile:
yes.
I'm smart but I wouldn't consider myself attractive.
Reply 16
Original post by Runninground
Nah OP, scientific research has suggested that all intelligent girls require more room for their brain in their head, so their head shape becomes deformed therefore causes them to become ugly.

Spoiler

:rofl: Brilliant.
My sister got offered places at Harvard and Cambridge, played at Carnegie Hall at 15 and she's just gorgeous
Reply 18
I thought I was decent looking and I did maths and physics at college
Reply 19
Maybe you shouldn't focus so much on looks? You could be missing out on some amazing girls just because you care about looks too much.

Quick Reply

Latest