The Student Room Group

Manchester Met Adult Nursing interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by boltonmum
Hey I had an interview on 10th too heard nothing, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me either nothing yet keep me posted x
Reply 21
Original post by Katyclark
Me either nothing yet keep me posted x

Still nothing! Has anyone had an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hi,
I've got an interview coming up on the 17th. Can anyone offer any advice? Is the English assessment just a question and essay answer sort of thing?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 23
Original post by boltonmum
Still nothing! Has anyone had an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neil (admissions guy) did say no news is good news. A girl I met there has just messages me about an hour ago saying she's had a rejection email x
Reply 24
Original post by sarahri
Hi,
I've got an interview coming up on the 17th. Can anyone offer any advice? Is the English assessment just a question and essay answer sort of thing?

Thanks in advance!

Hey! The English question is just a type of essay question, short tho. Like a page he told us to write no more. (200 words) interview is just normal questions, some scenario ones, staff are extremely friendly. You will be fine! X
Reply 25
It's a really good test and interview, don't worry about it you'll be fine! All the staff are really nice and friendly!
Reply 26
Sorry forgot to add, I had an interview on 10th and got an offer yesterday (12th) anybody else?
Original post by sarahri
Hi,

Thanks in advance!

I've also got my interview on the the 17th! Good luck :smile: x
Reply 28
Hi, firstly congrats on getting a place at mmu!

I was just wondering whether you could give me an insight into the questions you were asked by the interviewee and the issues you discussed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!
Original post by tasnim123
Hi, firstly congrats on getting a place at mmu!

I was just wondering whether you could give me an insight into the questions you were asked by the interviewee and the issues you discussed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

You really have to think outside the box for the questions. They are aimed at your everyday life skills and how they transfer to nursing so that people with experience in care don't have the upper hand on those that don't! One I remember is "how would you deal with conflict in the workplace" hope this helps in some way! :smile: good luck
Reply 30
Hi

I have an interview Thursday at MMU. Its my first interview so very nervous Just wondered what he written piece was like on core health, and what other things I need to concentrate on.

Thanks
Reply 31
Hi,
I've got an interview at MMU on 14th January. Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.
How was the written piece on Core Values? Do we know if that is marked through knowledge of such. Are we allowed to take any papers in with us? e.g. reminders/buzzwords, is the written task pen on paper or computer based?
The competency based questions sound great, to an extent, any other examples?
So nervous. I'm glad they aim to keep us relaxed.

Getting quite frustrated at the moment, Biology due in tomorrow, a presentation and essay for Sociology due on Thursday/Friday and 3000 word Psychology due in Friday and to prepare for two interviews for Tuesday! ... So again, any more insight would be brilliant.

R
Reply 32
Thank you so much for the reply!

Thank you, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about the questions it's the essay that I am completely dreading. What is meant by the core values?

Thanks again for the reply you've helped put my mind at ease!
Reply 33
Original post by roseyloulou
You really have to think outside the box for the questions. They are aimed at your everyday life skills and how they transfer to nursing so that people with experience in care don't have the upper hand on those that don't! One I remember is "how would you deal with conflict in the workplace" hope this helps in some way! :smile: good luck

Thank you so much for the reply!

Thank you, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about the questions it's the essay that I am completely dreading. What is meant by the core values?

Thanks again for the reply you've helped put my mind at ease!
Original post by RyMc
Hi,
I've got an interview at MMU on 14th January. Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.
How was the written piece on Core Values? Do we know if that is marked through knowledge of such. Are we allowed to take any papers in with us? e.g. reminders/buzzwords, is the written task pen on paper or computer based?

R

First of all congrats!
Written piece was fine, you have 15 minutes to write it (pen of paper) just over half a page theyre looking for. And you get marked out of 5 for it :smile:
They don't really check, it's not really exam style, but i wouldn't risk notes just incase!

Hope this helps! x
Original post by tasnim123
What is meant by the core values?

Google NHS core values! And you write about one of them, whichever he chooses! x
Reply 36
Oh those values! I knew about them and was stressing thinking it was something completely different!

Thank you soooo much you've been great help!!!!! Xx
Reply 37
Original post by Chloe-Wilsss
First of all congrats!
Written piece was fine, you have 15 minutes to write it (pen of paper) just over half a page theyre looking for. And you get marked out of 5 for it :smile:
They don't really check, it's not really exam style, but i wouldn't risk notes just incase!

Hope this helps! x

Thank you, very much! and Neil will simply ask us to Google the choices there and then? My memory can be shocking, especially under interview pressure! I dreaded we would have to learn every aspect of Principles and Core Values, by heart, before interview. (Which I'm really looking forward to now!)

Thanks again. R
Original post by RyMc
Thank you, very much! and Neil will simply ask us to Google the choices there and then? My memory can be shocking, especially under interview pressure! I dreaded we would have to learn every aspect of Principles and Core Values, by heart, before interview. (Which I'm really looking forward to now!)

Thanks again. R

No I mean, you google them now to practice haha! No not the princicples, just the values.

You'll sit at reception, then get called through, where they check your ID. Then you'll go straight into the room, where there will be one of the values on the board, then you will have 15 mins to write. Neil will then come in and welcome you, presentation, DVD etc. Where you will wait to be called in for your individual interview. Then you can go home, and wait for your offer :smile: (hopefully!) x
Reply 39
What did everyone wear to the interview?

I was thinking blazer blouse and black trousers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending