The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3960
Original post by RDavies93
That sounds cool :smile: Is the placement part of your course? I'm applying for placements atm and it's so nerve wracking and frustrating :') Sounds like you do quite a few different things :smile:

Yeah it's year three of my BSc (Hons) Building Surveying course. I do final next year. Tell me about it, getting a placement was a bloody nightmare to say the least! I got one at the last minute and thankfully it's a fantastic one (i'm doing stuff some people in my industry don't get to do until they're well past graduation jobs - last week I was overseeing the installation of a new power station!). What course are you on?

You'll find one eventually just keep applying for anything and everything and make sure your interview technique is spot on.
Original post by james1211
Yeah it's year three of my BSc (Hons) Building Surveying course. I do final next year. Tell me about it, getting a placement was a bloody nightmare to say the least! I got one at the last minute and thankfully it's a fantastic one (i'm doing stuff some people in my industry don't get to do until they're well past graduation jobs - last week I was overseeing the installation of a new power station!). What course are you on?

You'll find one eventually just keep applying for anything and everything and make sure your interview technique is spot on.

Ah brilliant :smile: Haha yeah it's just like, hard, waiting to hear for interviews. The one I really want the interviews for are running in the next few weeks so I'm crossing my fingers I ace that interview. I know all the stuff I need to but I'm worried I'll stumble over it because it's so important to me :colondollar: You're so lucky then! :h: Gonna look great on the CV and you'll be more confident I guess when you go for a graduate job :h: Sounds fanatasic, I hope I am as lucky. I'm doing Bioveterinary Science :smile:
Reply 3962
Ah brilliant :smile: Haha yeah it's just like, hard, waiting to hear for interviews. The one I really want the interviews for are running in the next few weeks so I'm crossing my fingers I ace that interview. I know all the stuff I need to but I'm worried I'll stumble over it because it's so important to me :colondollar: You're so lucky then! :h: Gonna look great on the CV and you'll be more confident I guess when you go for a graduate job :h: Sounds fanatasic, I hope I am as lucky. I'm doing Bioveterinary Science :smile:

Yeah i know how it feels, it's a killer waiting, probably worse than waiting for uni results but you'll get one eventually and wonder what you were concerned about! :h:

It could just be that their friendship is like that, holding hands doesn't necessarily mean they're into each other that way. It sounds like
could be, though. You should jump in there and go for it ASAP so the other guy doesn't have time to do it first.

I suppose - I'll wait and see. - he's a third year so he'll be gone soon and we're both second years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i know how it feels, it's a killer waiting, probably worse than waiting for uni results but you'll get one eventually and wonder what you were concerned about! :h:

Hope so :colondollar: They tried to stop me applying until I was all better but I was insistent that I'd be alright by the time I started the placement. I don't think I could take a year off and do this again next year :redface: Hopefully I'll ace this interview and get my dream placement but we'll see :h: Nice to hear it's worth the stress :tongue:
I'm so bored tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 3966
Original post by Staceyc1990
I'm so bored tonight!

I'm a bit bored right now like.
I'm a bit bored right now like.

Same, feeling a bit meh tonight. Mums making me watch take me out. Pfft

Reply 3968
Original post by Staceyc1990
Same, feeling a bit meh tonight. Mums making me watch take me out. Pfft

I'm just listening to silly 90s songs lol. Why "meh"?
Original post by lucine.B
Hahaha, good good :biggrin:

aH MY BAD... LOOOOOOOOOOOOl don't actually know what i meant either, will have to look back. Anyways hows you??? :smile:

I think maybe we shouldn't dig too much into what was said- never know what might crop up :tongue:/ :afraid:

I'm ok, though got a bad cold atm :frown: You?
I'm just listening to silly 90s songs lol. Why "meh"?

I don't even know lol just thinking about some stuff I suppose, feeling a tiny bit fed up. Might listen to some 90s songs to cheer me up lol

Got an assignment due Monday yet I'm in London tomorrow ffs ,can't be arsed
Yeah! No she was quite adamant when we asked about the geckos originally. Nothing. We're not even allowed fish? :') I don't get it, the snake doesnt even smell after all My mum won't even look at the pinkies, she has to leave the room if I have one. She'd probably cry if she found one in the freezer :')I don't know where I get this love from I really don't!

Oh awesome! I love beardies, we have them in uni, when i mist the tank they all make this happy basky face and it's adorable. And they have babies in the reptile shop up the road and i wanted one so badly :') So cute! Yours sounds like she's spoilt :tongue:

People have that massive phobia when it comes to spiders and inverts.

Ahh damn, bit rediculous rules. Yeh snakes arent smelly reptiles ,ah that's sad ,maybe she'll grow to like em ,my mam did ,shes fine with tarantulas and god knows what now!
Yeh they make a great family pet! Mine recently matured though and started laying unfertile eggs everywhere, poor sausage laid over 20 all together. Shes stopped now and a bit of a greedy sod. You'll have to get one one day! They are too cute .
uploadfromtaptalk1393107309372.jpg
My set up, she has a UV bulb hidden behind the top wood strip, a ceramic bulb for night time in case it gets too cold, a spot bulb for basking and temp set on a dimming thermostat. All of the electricals are set on timers.

Yeh, its sad really, I know spiders (this country) are of no threat to us, and have not killed anyone. Its just a primal fear really.
I'm not wonderful but I am single :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Archurus23
I'm not wonderful but I am single :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry. Wrong face. :frown: Just kidding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sphodromantis
Ahh damn, bit rediculous rules. Yeh snakes arent smelly reptiles ,ah that's sad ,maybe she'll grow to like em ,my mam did ,shes fine with tarantulas and god knows what now!
Yeh they make a great family pet! Mine recently matured though and started laying unfertile eggs everywhere, poor sausage laid over 20 all together. Shes stopped now and a bit of a greedy sod. You'll have to get one one day! They are too cute .
uploadfromtaptalk1393107309372.jpg
My set up, she has a UV bulb hidden behind the top wood strip, a ceramic bulb for night time in case it gets too cold, a spot bulb for basking and temp set on a dimming thermostat. All of the electricals are set on timers.

Yeh, its sad really, I know spiders (this country) are of no threat to us, and have not killed anyone. Its just a primal fear really.

No they're fine. Mine is currently trying to sit on the top ledge of her tank and failing. I just her a small thump every so often where she's slid down again. Silly thing :') Awh poor thing. My friend had a beardie and it started laying eggs and she was so excited she thought it would have babies and I was like "uh no sorry how do you think that would have happened?" :') I will. I'm hoping to acquire more pets next year if I get a nice placement and maybe a bit more space in a house :smile: I will be a crazy animal lady at some point :colone:

I loveee that tank. looks great :biggrin: And sounds perfect too. So many people just don't understand how to set up vivs and such and once it's done its so easy to maintain with timers like you said. Really annoys me when people neglect through ignorance. Pampered reptiles :h:

I understand, i mean, I used to be a bit like "ah scuttly spider" but since actually being in contact with them, and just building confidence I'm fine and think they're cool :smile: You're totally right about primal fear but people really aren't willing to even try *sigh*

Went to pets at home today and spent ages just staring at their little reptiles. Made me want more :rolleyes:
Original post by Archurus23
Sorry. Wrong face. :frown: Just kidding :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not wonderful? What is this madness!
Original post by Sphodromantis
Got an assignment due Monday yet I'm in London tomorrow ffs ,can't be arsed

Also, I feel for you! I have 2 on Wednesday and have done no work because I was in Stafford all day and am now in too much pain and have no motivation. Are you at leats part way done and able to blast it out in an al nighter? :redface:
Page 200!
Not wonderful? What is this madness!

What is wonderful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest