The Student Room Group

Exploring sex at uni

Scroll to see replies

University was the most socio-sexually conservative atmosphere I've ever had the displeasure of living in. It literally turned me straight...

This was a Russell Group uni, ex-polys are much more about drugs and sex, or that's my impression.
Reply 21
Original post by scrotgrot
University was the most socio-sexually conservative atmosphere I've ever had the displeasure of living in. It literally turned me straight...

This was a Russell Group uni, ex-polys are much more about drugs and sex, or that's my impression.
I go to a Russel Group uni and while there isn't a whole lot of sex going on (from what I have gathered over the years), I don't think it's quite as bad as you're making it out to be. If you mix with the right crowd, it can be a "sexually liberal" atmosphere. However, for the most part, it's just long term couples and people focusing on their degree work/societies.

Would love to hear from someone who went to an ex-poly what the sexual atmosphere is like.
Original post by Bassetts
I go to a Russel Group uni and while there isn't a whole lot of sex going on (from what I have gathered over the years), I don't think it's quite as bad as you're making it out to be. If you mix with the right crowd, it can be a "sexually liberal" atmosphere. However, for the most part, it's just long term couples and people focusing on their degree work/societies.

Would love to hear from someone who went to an ex-poly what the sexual atmosphere is like.

I just found it quite laughable given what we are told. The main people who saw uni as a "wild experience" were the straight-laced middle-class girls whose vaginas had clearly been under lock and key for their whole adolescence.
Thanks for the wide variety of responses! I didn't expect this amount of great feedback, so thanks to everyone so far (not the person who made the, frankly, rude and distasteful rape comment).

I'm not at uni yet, but I currently go to a v. conservative private boarding school (but don't board myself) and in September I'll be at a Russell Group uni 'famed' for being 'bubble-like' in atmosphere - at the moment, I feel intimidated by the atmosphere at my school, and it was curiosity as to how liberal uni is actually (not just what Hollywood suggests).

The answers as to meeting people were helpful, and I know that, really, it's probably the safest and the most logical way of sexually exploring things - but it's also nice to know that communities and stuff do exist.

Again, muchas gracias!
Reply 24
Original post by Bassetts

:colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending