The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex 2nd most expensive uni for cost of living

On average, it costs on average £291.95 to live while being a student at Sussex, the second most expensive uni in the country, behind only Oxford (with the average cost a whopping £310.95 per week).

Students' Union communications officer Michael Segalov thinks unis like Sussex should get higher maintenance loans like students in London.

Does this worry you? Or will the First-Generation Scholar scheme help you? Are you worried you'll have to work a significant number of hours a week to make ends meet, which might limit your #Freshers2014 experience?
Original post by Numberwang
On average, it costs on average £291.95 to live while being a student at Sussex, the second most expensive uni in the country, behind only Oxford (with the average cost a whopping £310.95 per week).

Students' Union communications officer Michael Segalov thinks unis like Sussex should get higher maintenance loans like students in London.

Does this worry you? Or will the First-Generation Scholar scheme help you? Are you worried you'll have to work a significant number of hours a week to make ends meet, which might limit your #Freshers2014 experience?

It's expensive. It's nowhere near £291 a week unless you're being a moron with budgetting though.

I agree that the higher maintance loans should be available in more places though.

I coped fine but i had a summer job every year to earn money and i got a 1k a year scholarship for being a chemistry "high flyer" and i was on max loan/grant. even then, i could have done with more money.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I don't know who spends that much each week. I spend a lot and I get nowhere near that.
Original post by Motorbiker
It's expensive. It's nowhere near £291 a week unless you're being a moron with budgetting though.

I agree that the higher maintance loans should be available in more places though.

I coped fine but i had a summer job every year to earn money and i got a 1k a year scholarship for being a chemistry "high flyer" and i was on max loan/grant. even then, i could have done with more money.

Is that based on how well you did at a level or because you were just really good at them?
Original post by thedontom
Is that based on how well you did at a level or because you were just really good at them?

Scholarship was based on A level results.

If you firmed Sussex then got AAA you got the scholarship.

They've stopped it now though.
Original post by Motorbiker
Scholarship was based on A level results.

If you firmed Sussex then got AAA you got the scholarship.

They've stopped it now though.

noooooooooooooo :frown: ahh thanks though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending