The Student Room Group

Oxford 2014 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
:console: I hope you continue to make videos though! :biggrin:

I will do :smile:
Original post by Lucilou101
I will do :smile:

Hey, would you mind posting the link to your videos here? I didn't know you were a vlogger :biggrin: I personally watch Jake Wright (Cambridge) and think his insights into Oxbridge are fascinating! As lame as that sounds :L
Original post by colourtheory
Hey, would you mind posting the link to your videos here? I didn't know you were a vlogger :biggrin: I personally watch Jake Wright (Cambridge) and think his insights into Oxbridge are fascinating! As lame as that sounds :L

I've only just started so I'm not particularly great :tongue:

But here goes - https://www.youtube.com/user/Lucilou101

Have you seen Simonoxfphys or Jamoemills? They do oxvlogs :smile:
I've only just started so I'm not particularly great :tongue:

But here goes - https://www.youtube.com/user/Lucilou101

Have you seen Simonoxfphys or Jamoemills? They do oxvlogs :smile:

Yes, especially Jamoemills! Although I don't really like Simonoxfphys - there's something about the way he comes across...
Yes, especially Jamoemills! Although I don't really like Simonoxfphys - there's something about the way he comes across...

Ooh I'm scared at what you'll think of me now! :lol:
I just finished your intro vlog... well done :biggrin: I'll be sure to subscribe :smile: I think it's a pretty brave thing to make the transition from watching videos to actually making them, I wish you all the best for your channel :biggrin:
Well done :biggrin: I'll be sure to subscribe :smile: I think it's a pretty brave thing to make the transition from watching videos to actually making them, I wish you all the best for your channel :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
I just finished your intro vlog... well done :biggrin: I'll be sure to subscribe :smile: I think it's a pretty brave thing to make the transition from watching videos to actually making them, I wish you all the best for your channel :biggrin:

Agree with this. I enjoy making videos but they don't particularly feature me talking to a camera, prefer to be on the other end! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiIyfR4CglcXtVQxwdhSY1w
(edited 9 years ago)
Thankyou! :biggrin:
No and I probably won't be! They're still accepting application videos for the next week and then they'll pick 4 people :smile:

Hey! Do you run a YouTube channel then? Because I do too :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what am I supposed to bring as proof of university place- I'm getting slightly pissed off now because I've received no letters or emails from my college- and no post from UCAS either but there's no signature- I'm getting pissed off also because I just got rejected from HSBC for having poor credit anyway, the coop seem to have a retarded system where they say to me via email my application is 100% complete and then tell me a week later when I am forced to call that there was actually a problem and it was never processed in the first place. On top of this Student Finance seem to also have shiiit for brains where I complete my application in fuucking may yet due to problem because my donkey father misquoted his income it stalled for god knows how long now. Do they call me?no. Instead once its way past 6 weeks I am forced to call and again the idiots wake up and try to sort it. They also seem to have some buul**** policy where they dont take ingoing emails only outgoing emails which you cant respond to but a similiar and equally buul**** policy where they only take incoming calls but not outgoing calls. So student finance is fuucked not fuucking student bank account and I start in just over a month.
Anybody got any remotely decent advice to calm my mood please?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arcane1729

Go to bed :h:
Original post by beau-malheur
Hey! Do you run a YouTube channel then? Because I do too :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of yes - what's your channel about? :smile:
Original post by JLKeating
Agree with this. I enjoy making videos but they don't particularly feature me talking to a camera, prefer to be on the other end! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiIyfR4CglcXtVQxwdhSY1w

I love your interrail video (and your choice of music is amazing!!) :biggrin:D It's something that I have always wanted to do and I was even talking to my friend yesterday about us one day going :smile: Can I ask how you organised accommodation? Do you mostly stay in hostels?
Original post by Arcane1729
Guys what am I supposed to bring as proof of university place- I'm getting slightly pissed off now because I've received no letters or emails from my college- and no post from UCAS either but there's no signature- I'm getting pissed off also because I just got rejected from HSBC for having poor credit anyway, the coop seem to have a retarded system where they say to me via email my application is 100% complete and then tell me a week later when I am forced to call that there was actually a problem and it was never processed in the first place. On top of this Student Finance seem to also have shiiit for brains where I complete my application in fuucking may yet due to problem because my donkey father misquoted his income it stalled for god knows how long now. Do they call me?no. Instead once its way past 6 weeks I am forced to call and again the idiots wake up and try to sort it. They also seem to have some buul**** policy where they dont take ingoing emails only outgoing emails which you cant respond to but a similiar and equally buul**** policy where they only take incoming calls but not outgoing calls. So student finance is fuucked not fuucking student bank account and I start in just over a month.

All I can say is that you are not alone; I am having the exact same issues with Student Finance. Although that will take time to resolve, you can in the meantime print a copy of your confirmation letter from UCAS directly from the Track site; this can be used to open a student bank account and arrange credit from Apple, PC World etc. if you need it. You have a whole month to work things out, that's more than any other uni (bar Cambridge) so relax!!
Kind of yes - what's your channel about? :smile:

Ahhh cool :biggrin:
Maybe at some point we can collab then? That would be really cool.
I actually run the channel with my best friend, but unfortunately she is going to UCL so during term time it's gunna be more difficult.
We only started a couple of months ago, but we've been doing things like challenges, gaming (only for fun, we suck!) and vlogs. Is yours just for vlogging?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we get all of Oxvlog being TSRers? :biggrin:
Original post by fluteflute
Can we get all of Oxvlog being TSRers? :biggrin:

I'm thinking of applying...
Original post by AKell17
I'm thinking of applying...

I'd apply if it means we can get all four spots... :wink:
Original post by fluteflute
I'd apply if it means we can get all four spots... :wink:

You should! They need more current students, so far all the applicants are freshers :smile:
Original post by beau-malheur
Ahhh cool :biggrin:
Maybe at some point we can collab then? That would be really cool.
I actually run the channel with my best friend, but unfortunately she is going to UCL so during term time it's gunna be more difficult.
We only started a couple of months ago, but we've been doing things like challenges, gaming (only for fun, we suck!) and vlogs. Is yours just for vlogging?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is vlogging yes :smile: but mainly about Oxford life and applying there etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending