The Student Room Group

Why does everyone look good in a suit?

Ok i've heard this phrase for most of my life "Everyone looks good in a suit" and i've often wondered why this is, whenever i've worn suits while at uni i've had a few people commenting on how dapper i look in a suit, admittley i do love wearing suits and feel i suit them really well (pardon the pun) but just curious as to why practically everyone in a suits looks good
wrong.

everyone looks good in a quality suit. the suit makes them.

however, if you put Obama in a Topman suit, he would look like he is going for a managerial position at KFC.
Reply 2
Original post by barneystin
wrong.

however, if you put Obama in a Topman suit, he would look like he is going for a managerial position at KFC.

I haven't worn suits that much and they've been fairly cheap (my most expensive one is about £150) and i can't tell the difference between that suit and my cheap Primark one (which was about £60)

Loving the name btw :tongue:
Original post by Tomsta
I haven't worn suits that much and they've been fairly cheap (my most expensive one is about £150) and i can't tell the difference between that suit and my cheap Primark one (which was about £60)

Loving the name btw :tongue:

whilst you might not be able to tell the difference, someone who knows a good suit can. the obvious signs are the fabrics, the buttons, the shoulders (huge giveaway), the general fit etc.

suffice it to say it is fairly obvious when a suit is from a high street shop like Topman or Primark.

But more importantly, don't neglect the fit. Get a well tailored suit and you'll look like the million dollar man at a fraction of the price.
Reply 4
whilst you might not be able to tell the difference, someone who knows a good suit can. the obvious signs are the fabrics, the buttons, the shoulders (huge giveaway), the general fit etc.

suffice it to say it is fairly obvious when a suit is from a high street shop like Topman or Primark.

But more importantly, don't neglect the fit. Get a well tailored suit and you'll look like the million dollar man at a fraction of the price.

but to get a tailored suit costs more money than i currently have, we are talking like £500+ prob arn't we?
Original post by Tomsta
Ok i've heard this phrase for most of my life "Everyone looks good in a suit" and i've often wondered why this is, whenever i've worn suits while at uni i've had a few people commenting on how dapper i look in a suit, admittley i do love wearing suits and feel i suit them really well (pardon the pun) but just curious as to why practically everyone in a suits looks good

I think everyone makes much more of an effort when they wear a suit. They not only have shirts, ties blouses, shoes etc matching or colour cordinated, but the general way they carry themselves adds to the whole perception of looking smart and dapper. :smile:
I think that if you usually see a guy in casual clothes and then one day you see him in a suit he is 10x more attractive and vice versa.
Reply 7
wrong.

Doesn't have to be quality. Just has to be properly fitted. If you look terrible is a suit it's usually because it's ill-fitting. You can get cheap suits fitted if you know where to go, and it was super cheap in Korea and I didn't see one person look bad in a suit the entire time I was there.
Reply 8
Original post by Tomsta

You can look **** in a suit (or any outfit for that matter) if it doesn't fit, doesn't suit your body shape etc. etc.
Suits on guys are hot :daydreaming:
I'm tempted to post a picture of me in a suit in this thread (but it might come across as me being vain haha).
Reply 11
wrong.

Mr. Barney, you're the right person to answer this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CAP31
Mr. Barney, you're the right person to answer this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He definitely is haha. "Suit Up!"
Because suits are AWESOME.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tomsta

I like it.. it looks polished. I like it with really messy hair (I sound like a 14 year old) but seriously, a suit with messy hair / curly hair. Just google Robert Sheehan in a suit and you'll see what I mean..
* fitted suit

Everyone looks good in a suit, which is fitted because... they suit them well. I think that some suits, which are not fitted, might fit some people better than others. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I think it's just because it makes you look smarter and more polished. It also gives you confidence so that you hold yourself better too.

To be honest, any smart polished outfit can make someone look good. The thing is, most people only bother with the fit of an outfit when it's a suit. Perhaps cause they spend so much on it.
Original post by neonleon22
I like it.. it looks polished. I like it with really messy hair (I sound like a 14 year old) but seriously, a suit with messy hair / curly hair. Just google Robert Sheehan in a suit and you'll see what I mean..

robert sheehan in a suit :nutcase:

Quick Reply

Latest