The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Still playing FM12, in my 15th season with Aston Villa. Won 4 Premier Leagues, 3 Champions Leagues, a bunch of FA and League Cups, then the Charity Shield, CWC, Euro Super Cup, Europa League all at least one... Pretty much everything. Fulham are in league 2, Birmingham have become oil rich, Craig Levein manages Chelsea (who have won one trophy in the entire save - one of the domestic cups) and are piss poor, Zvonimir Soldo took over at Man U from SAF and has been there since, Moyes managed Bayern and Real Madrid before retiring, Swindon made it to the premier league, Mancini has had 3 spells at Man City, AVB managed Derby, Messi joined Man City on a free, Everton are a poor Championship outfit, Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Gateshead are all solid league 1 teams, Walsall will be Blue Square N/S next season... It's been quite a bizarre career o.0

Never had much success with 3 at the back on the game, just didn't work against the top sides. Although when I managed England, I played a flat back 5 and that was relatively successful. After standing down from England following losing the Euro 2024 final on pens, Steve Bruce took charge, led us to the WC semis in Mexico 2026, to lose on pens to South Africa. He retired, and some random regen bloke with no experience is now England manager. I got offered the England job along with Germany and Holland but internationals really long out a season, and only 35% of the Premier League is made up of English players. I find International management the toughest aspect of the game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Insert post no one reads.
Original post by jackf1337
Still playing FM12, in my 15th season with Aston Villa. Won 4 Premier Leagues, 3 Champions Leagues, a bunch of FA and League Cups, then the Charity Shield, CWC, Euro Super Cup, Europa League all at least one... Pretty much everything. Fulham are in league 2, Birmingham have become oil rich, Craig Levein manages Chelsea (who have won one trophy in the entire save - one of the domestic cups) and are piss poor, Zvonimir Soldo took over at Man U from SAF and has been there since, Moyes managed Bayern and Real Madrid before retiring, Swindon made it to the premier league, Mancini has had 3 spells at Man City, AVB managed Derby, Messi joined Man City on a free, Everton are a poor Championship outfit, Braintree, Ebbsfleet and Gateshead are all solid league 1 teams, Walsall will be Blue Square N/S next season... It's been quite a bizarre career o.0

Never had much success with 3 at the back on the game, just didn't work against the top sides. Although when I managed England, I played a flat back 5 and that was relatively successful. After standing down from England following losing the Euro 2024 final on pens, Steve Bruce took charge, led us to the WC semis in Mexico 2026, to lose on pens to South Africa. He retired, and some random regen bloke with no experience is now England manager. I got offered the England job along with Germany and Holland but internationals really long out a season, and only 35% of the Premier League is made up of English players. I find International management the toughest aspect of the game.

Zoldo comes in to manage United in my FM12 save at Hull. Annoying guy man made such a beast United team.
Original post by jam278
Zoldo comes in to manage United in my FM12 save at Hull. Annoying guy man made such a beast United team.

Pardon my ignorance but I had to Google Soldo, can't say I've come across him much other than in FM12. It was a weird appointment for Utd, as he floundered at QPR before taking the Man U job.

He is a very good boss on the game. Likewise, built a very very strong Man U team, and of course has their youth system. I don't see him play much other than 4-4-2 though (tend to find the best managers play 1 up top), and once he played an outfield player in goal in a cup match v Swindon and lost 9-0. Oh yeah, in a cup match v my team, he fielded two goalies outfield. I'm not sure that's a reflection of his management, just the game having a spasm.
I'm playing as Chelsea on FM09 will post screenies later.
Original post by jackf1337

Good going pal :yy:
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Currently playing CM03/04-I've just set up a Madrid save

I'm currently managing Man U on FM08.

I'm playing as Chelsea on FM09

I'm currently playing CM03/04 a Bury. Think I'll give FM15 a miss tbh

I've started a new save on FM08 with Arsenal

:dry:
Original post by ozzyoscy
:dry:

Haha I am a bit of a rage quitter-this save looks decent however :holmes:
Hope they sort out some of the AI in FM15, some of the BS your players complain about in a private chat...

Playing as AFC Wimbledon in my second season, sitting 20 points clear at the top of League 1 and one of my bang average squad players, on his first game back after 4 months out starts complaining how he wants to move to a bigger club... **** off m8? :rolleyes:

When I was in League 2 the previous season, was sitting in 7th after a bad run of form resulting in a couple of draws/losses and I had half the squad telling me the club was "underachieving"...despite the fact they were sitting ~10+ places above where they finished the previous season/were predicted to finish at the start of the season. :lol:

The game relies far too much on form IMO, drew Spurs in the FA cup and the journalist comment at the start reckoned I was the favourites because "Tottenham have been poor away from home recently"...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
Hope they sort out some of the AI in FM15, some of the BS your players complain about in a private chat...

Playing as AFC Wimbledon in my second season, sitting 20 points clear at the top of League 1 and one of my bang average squad players, on his first game back after 4 months out starts complaining how he wants to move to a bigger club... **** off m8? :rolleyes:

When I was in League 2 the previous season, was sitting in 7th after a bad run of form resulting in a couple of draws/losses and I had half the squad telling me the club was "underachieving"...despite the fact they were sitting ~10+ places above where they finished the previous season/were predicted to finish at the start of the season. :lol:

The game relies far too much on form IMO, drew Spurs in the FA cup and the journalist comment at the start reckoned I was the favourites because "Tottenham have been poor away from home recently"...

I've had a few like that in FM12.

18 year old goalie complaining he's not first choice :rolleyes:

To be fair, he is England's number one. But still, not quite my best keeper overall.

I also get a lot of players saying they've achieved all they can, which is frustrating when you've just done the league/champions league double. Luckily I always managed to convince them to stay.
Anyone got the new beta yet? Defending is meant to be awful so not sure about getting it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
Anyone got the new beta yet? Defending is meant to be awful so not sure about getting it yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be fair for me as a United fan that would be pretty realistic lol
Reply 3232
Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Conceding four goals in the space of 20 minutes is a regular thing so far, scoring is just as easy, not sure if the match engine is just being buggy
Original post by CraigWM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't. For at least a decade (likely longer), the full game is only released around February. Before that is the unofficial beta with game-breaking bugs and a less realistic experience.
After 19 seasons on FM12 and around 90 'In Game' Days played, it's time to say goodbye to my Porto file in anticipation of FM15.

Undefeated in the league for 18 years. 15 Champions League Trophy's. Stadium named after me. 500-800 million in PROFIT from player sales.

Love you all.

I've started a new save on FM08 with Arsenal and bought some players in installments hence their inflated price:

I'm in November and second-here's my summer transfers:

Zaccardo! Brings back memories. He was always a must buy on FM08 and 09 Haha.
the full game is LIVE kids :biggrin: oh yes, after a week of beta playing I am so looking forward to this, installing the pre-game editor now!
Too many players moaning about not enough game time when they would barely be getting a game in real life.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Too many players moaning about not enough game time when they would barely be getting a game in real life.
Still playing FM14 but yesterday had a 19-year old striker, freshly promoted from the U21s complaining about lack of playing time after the first game of the season, despite featuring heavily in pre-season. Goes on to request a transfer after not starting the second game of the season and is now "unhappy" ffs.
Know that feeling. I just tell them to stfu.
Original post by jam277
Know that feeling. I just tell them to stfu.

On FM15? Everyone just asks for a transfer, there doesn't seem to be much coercing or telling them shut up in this one.

John Flanagan and Rickie Lambert were moaning about game time in October and had to be sold!

Quick Reply

Latest