The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Cornwall Applicants :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deeferdog
Application has finally gone! :biggrin:

The only thing I'm bothered about is the train prices tbh!

I was talking to a girl on Tumblr who used to live near me and is studying there now, and she said that although the train prices seem high, if you book well in advance (e.i. in October rather than in December) then you can get a ticket to Birmingham for £30 instead of £90, and I imagine that there are similar discounts with other train journeys too, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's also National Express coaches to think about too, although the journey is much longer by coach :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I received an offer of ABB for Conservation Biology and Ecology! eeeeek! Wish I applied to the 4 year course now :frown:

Good luck everyone xxx
Original post by charlottealevel
I received an offer of ABB for Conservation Biology and Ecology! eeeeek! Wish I applied to the 4 year course now :frown:

Good luck everyone xxx

Well done! :smile: I know that they also let you choose a year abroad in second year for English, so if its the same for Conservation Biology and Ecology then you might get chance to opt in for a year abroad later in the course :smile:
Reply 23
hi everyone, i am a student at the cornwall campus atm in my first year, might also be able to assists with any questions, in fact i created a special thread for cornwall campus applicants http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2993065, i'll check it as regularly as i can
Looking at train prices for applicant visit day and wasn't expecting train prices to be £200+ :O
Looking at train prices for applicant visit day and wasn't expecting train prices to be £200+ :O

This is my trouble too! They're crazy! If I do get an offer, I do want to go for a visit day, and one of parents will have to come, so that's like £400 :frown: my mum actually looked into flying down, which was actually cheaper!
Hey guys :smile:

I'm not sure if this is the same for 2015, but I remembered reading about a £500 travel allowance for students at the Cornwall campus for 2014. If they offer it for 2015 that would certainly help everyone with travel to/from home :smile:

On their website it says this:

Penryn Campus travel bursary

The University of Exeter Penryn Campus provides a fantastic student experience but with the cost of travel increasing, we know that the decision of where to study isn’t just about the student lifestyle, your preferred programme or the reputation of your chosen university. As such, we’re pleased to offer a £500 per annum travel bursary for every student who enrols at the Penryn Campus on an undergraduate programme in 2014. It’s our way of making an occasional trip back home a little more affordable
Original post by fossilcollective

I'm not sure if this is the same for 2015, but I remembered reading about a £500 travel allowance for students at the Cornwall campus for 2014. If they offer it for 2015 that would certainly help everyone with travel to/from home :smile:

The University of Exeter Penryn Campus provides a fantastic student experience but with the cost of travel increasing, we know that the decision of where to study isn’t just about the student lifestyle, your preferred programme or the reputation of your chosen university. As such, we’re pleased to offer a £500 per annum travel bursary for every student who enrols at the Penryn Campus on an undergraduate programme in 2014. It’s our way of making an occasional trip back home a little more affordable

Ooo, that would be good, i live nearly 400 miles away haha :o:o
This is my trouble too! They're crazy! If I do get an offer, I do want to go for a visit day, and one of parents will have to come, so that's like £400 :frown: my mum actually looked into flying down, which was actually cheaper!

Oh dear haha :frown: Exeter looks so amazing though, and I really want to go to a visit day to get a feel for it! Even with railcards, it's really expensive by train. Where abouts are you from? :smile:
Oh dear haha :frown: Exeter looks so amazing though, and I really want to go to a visit day to get a feel for it! Even with railcards, it's really expensive by train. Where abouts are you from? :smile:

Same, I really love it! north east, in county Durham, you?:smile:
Same, I really love it! north east, in county Durham, you?:smile:

Not far from you! Near Newcastle :-)
Applying for Zoology. Sent off application yesterday. Just gotta play the waiting game now ^_^
Not far from you! Near Newcastle :-)

I used to live in Newcastle :smile: have you applied there?
I used to live in Newcastle :smile: have you applied there?

No I didn't because I didn't take chemistry or maths, which they wanted in the course I wanted to apply for :redface:
Original post by fossilcollective

That'd be very useful :biggrin:
I have an offer for BA Human Sciences at Cornwall campus! I'm coming down to the applicant day from northwest, it's about £130 return with a railcard!
Anyone else for human sciences? :smile:
Offer for Zoology at Cornwall! ABB :smile: waited two days, didn't get an email so keep checking track! Top choice, I'm so happy!
Offer for Zoology at Cornwall! ABB :smile: waited two days, didn't get an email so keep checking track! Top choice, I'm so happy!

Congratulations! Hopefully see you next year then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied 21st November. Received 2 offers for marine biology AAB for 4 year Bsc with study abroad, and ABB for 3 year course today. Quite surprised as they said at the open day that an offer less than AAA was unlikely for the study abroad option. I am predicted AAA and had lots on my personal statement, qualified diver, work experience at sea life, a couple of days working with turtle conservation group in Africa, so maybe that helped. Anyway these offers are almost certainly my firm and insurance so happy now.

We had to take the sleeper from london on a Friday night, nearly £400 for two of us, we got £75 reimbursement from uni. We only went because I was pretty certain I wanted to go there and the visit decided it for me. Just got 2 offers for marine biology and marine biology with study abroad, so it was worth it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending