The Student Room Group

Maths or Physics?

I was wondering, which is the harder A Level, Maths or Physics? I want to get into medicine and apart from chemistry and biology, I'm going to choose one of these subjects. Right now I'm an A student at GCSE Physics but a B at Maths (I also dislike it). Which is the better choice?
Original post by student467
I was wondering, which is the harder A Level, Maths or Physics? I want to get into medicine and apart from chemistry and biology, I'm going to choose one of these subjects. Right now I'm an A student at GCSE Physics but a B at Maths (I also dislike it). Which is the better choice?

Physics definitely harder, at least by my experience. Also I think it would be a bad idea to take physics without maths. To be honest if you don't like maths now, there's a chance you might not like physics at a level...
But at the end of the day you need to enjoy your a levels, so if you really like physics, go for it :smile:
Original post by student467

I thought AS Physics is harder than AS Maths, but A2 Maths is harder than A2 Physics.
I doing both now (as well as chemistry and biology), and Physics is definitely more difficult. Also are you sure you'd be allowed to do Physics without doing maths? At my sixth form the requirement for taking Physics is that you must also do AS maths. Don't you have to choose four options? Just do both, although if you don't enjoy maths now chances are you won't enjoy it next year (although it does get better, GCSE maths is terribly boring).
Reply 4
Original post by Chlorophile
I thought AS Physics is harder than AS Maths, but A2 Maths is harder than A2 Physics.

Other way around for me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest