The Student Room Group

Football Manager Society III

Scroll to see replies

Fuming. Absolutely fuming. 50/50 game the whole way through. Go 2-0 down and pull it back. Goes to extra time and on 110 minutes I take the lead. Immediately change my attacking setting to contain. In the game then readjusting to this it takes a couple of minutes to actually start the game again. City then score on 112 minutes and it is here the game decides that I wanted to change to contain. By this time I decide that the game will just go to penalties by the time I have the chance to change the setting back.

The inevitable penalty shoot-out comes around and once again I lose. In all 4 seasons at the club now (inc. friendlies) I have never won one. I have lost 6/7 now. It is getting ridiculous. Even my youth teams struggle. Only one has won as far as I can remember. I can take the defeat but it's just annoying that in every single shoot-out I lose in the same way. Penalty taker no. 4 or 5 shoots straight at the keeper who for that one penalty stays where he is. Never seen any of my goal keepers make a save in these shoot-outs either.

To add insult to injury, my top striker (in poor form anyway to be fair) was travelling back from a random South American round of World Cup qualifiers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tau
The Europa League final?

Indeed
doing a custom db game; increased premiership to 22 teams, revamped the lower leagues a bit.
I've started a Man U save on FM10...will post transfers soon. :bubbles:
I got FM15 for Christmas today :colone: gonna start playing it tonight.
Original post by Rock Fan
I got FM15 for Christmas today :colone: gonna start playing it tonight.

Same here! Now to choose a team...
Original post by DannyW94
Same here! Now to choose a team...

Gonna be Villa of course :biggrin:
Gonna be Villa of course :biggrin:

Ahh nice. I'll probably be my team, Burnley. Tough ask to keep them in the PL though with such a small budget!
Ahh nice. I'll probably be my team, Burnley. Tough ask to keep them in the PL though with such a small budget!

I don't have much of a budget either might have to score the Europeans see if there is any cheap young talent.
I don't have much of a budget either might have to score the Europeans see if there is any cheap young talent.

Let me know if you get any decent frees.
Let me know if you get any decent frees.

Will do
Got FM15 the other day, anyone else found Balotelli to be insanely good? Banging in the goals for me whilst Sturridge is crap.

Sold Borini, Flanagan and Allen for £25m, brought in Shaqiri and Kovacic. Nb.
(edited 9 years ago)
My playtime in my FM 2007 save is 102 days 21 hours 52 minutes.

i.e. A few minutes away from 2470 hours.
Original post by ozzyoscy
My playtime in my FM 2007 save is 102 days 21 hours 52 minutes.

i.e. A few minutes away from 2470 hours.

Not bad, ive got nearly 2000 hours on FM12 but none of the others have come close to that.

One of my mates has 1700 hours on FM 12, 1700 hours on FM 13, 800 hours on FM 14, and 600 on FM 15. :lol:

One thing ive noticed about FM 15 is the AI just dont miss penalties at all. Never seen one missed yet and im at the end of my second season. Meanwhile Balotelli has missed 2 for me (with his 19 PK stat). :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just managed 7 consecutive draws with Burnley. Actually quite proud given i've only had three senior defenders fit for the last 3 and have been playing an 18 year old DM at centre back and Sean Scannell at right wing back :lol:
Doing well with Norwich, into the last 16 of the capital one cup & top of the league currently

Mackay-Steven, Boyata, Madden & Vicente are my signings so far - very good set of players. Madden has 16 goals so far
Haven't played FM in aaaaaaaaaages.
I've broken my rule of buying FM every 2 years. I don't like the way it moved into DLC a few years back so i'm on an unofficial boycott - along with the Total War Franchise (also published by Sega).

That and I don't have the time to play the full game anymore.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I've broken my rule of buying FM every 2 years. I don't like the way it moved into DLC a few years back so i'm on an unofficial boycott - along with the Total War Franchise (also published by Sega).

I'm sure zero people have noticed tbh.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans

That and I don't have the time to play the full game anymore.

That''s a shame, Wednesday are actually good on this game!

Quick Reply

Latest