The Student Room Group

Raf oasc 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hey Speedyg96,

To answer your questions:

1. Provided you're talking about he Computer Based Aptitude Test (the one at RAF Cranwell), the answer is no. It's all sat on a computer, and you go through a series of tests over the course of one very long day. A lot of the S/D/T is with context - there are scenario's given that require you to do the maths. None of them are massively complex because you get very little time in which to answer the question.

2. I did for Pilot which was the longest. I started at about 7am and finished at like 3pm ish. So I can imagine it will be a bit shorter than that. That includes a lunch break and a 5 min break every hour or so.

3. Can't answer that one!
Hi jannisjr

thank you for the quick reply.

I've been doing S/D/T questions and fuel calculation questions (Mentaly) constantly this week. I feel pretty confident about them. All there is to do now is do the test and hopefully everything I've done will pay off.

Any other tips for the Computer Based Aptitude Test are always welcome :smile:
Reply 82
Hey,

Just finished OASC pt 2 a few days ago, any questions fire away, more than happy to help!
Reply 83
Original post by JDT1234
Hey,

Just finished OASC pt 2 a few days ago, any questions fire away, more than happy to help!

What topics did they give you for the group discussion?
Reply 84
Hello, I have got my filter interview a week on Tuesday(RAF), for entry to Welbeck Sixth Form, I am just wondering if anyone can give me any tips & so on?
Reply 85
Original post by 10skio
Hello, I have got my filter interview a week on Tuesday(RAF), for entry to Welbeck Sixth Form, I am just wondering if anyone can give me any tips & so on?

I'm not sure what the procedure is for Welbeck. Sure someone will though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Hi guys, new to the forum but loads of great info on here thanks all. I know there has been a lot of discussuion about the indv planning but can anyone tell me what sort of questions they ask when it comes to the grilling?

Also is anyone attending on the 12th April?
I'm goin ont 12th bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Anyone else going on the 21st of April? Unfortunately, the other guy from my Squadron had to change his dates.
Reply 89
Original post by jebbadiah
I'm goin ont 12th bud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you there mate, have you got all your current affairs sorted for the interview?
Yea pretty much. I'm just keepin away from any sort of military subjects lol. How about you? What you goin for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Got loads to talk about for international bit harder for UK affairs thought just trying to think about the sort of questions they will ask for each. Going for Regiment Officer mate, you?
Yea I've had that problem. I've gone for stories I have an opinion on even if they're not major news.

I'm goin for flight ops officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What time can you be expected to finish if you complete the full testing at OASC? I understand the interview is in the morning and fitness after lunch. My last train leaves Grantham at 1600 so I may have to stay another night!
Thanks in advance
Reply 94
Original post by Ebas
Hi guys, new to the forum but loads of great info on here thanks all. I know there has been a lot of discussuion about the indv planning but can anyone tell me what sort of questions they ask when it comes to the grilling?

Also is anyone attending on the 12th April?

Just found this forum! I'm also going on the 12th :smile: Planning exercises I think will be the toughest part for me..
Reply 95
See you there Spot999, ye ive been trying to find as many examples as i can and just practicing my SDT. What you going for?
Reply 96
Yes Ebas! Same here, although haven't been able to get hold of that many , I have around 7...

I am going for logistics :smile: See you Sunday!
Original post by JDT1234
Hey,

a rough outline of how the 2 days go please please! and how difficult would you rate the individual exercises in terms of SDT?
Reply 98
Nice one, bit of a weird question but you wearing a suit on the way down not sure what the dress code is when we turn up and whether we will be in the officers mess. Cheers mate
We will be in the candidates mess so think dress code is suit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest