The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I could be entirely wrong but I think it's rather safe to assume that the majority of normal men don't care.
Lol at all the guys saying they will only marry virgins. Good luck with finding one.
Reply 22
Original post by bassbabe
Lol at all the guys saying they will only marry virgins. Good luck with finding one.

Equally, good luck getting married. :smile:
Where's the poll option for

'I'm a man, if I get married I don't mind whether or not my wife is a virgin and what attitude she exhibits in bed, even though most people don't have one behaviour which they exhibit every single time they have sex'

Idiotic poll, is OP a virgin, perhaps?
Original post by 41b
Equally, good luck getting married. :smile:

Aww thank you :smile: I can assure you I'll have no difficulties with finding a husband who wants me to be a submissive angel, as I'm a virgin myself.
Original post by Friar Chris
Where's the poll option for

'I'm a man, if I get married I don't mind whether or not my wife is a virgin and what attitude she exhibits in bed, even though most people don't have one behaviour which they exhibit every single time they have sex'

Idiotic poll, is OP a virgin, perhaps?

I wasnt sure whether "submissive virgin" meant submissive only during sex, or submissive in all aspects of the relationship. I took it to mean in all aspects and voted that I would prefer to marry an equal/dominant virgin though I dont really want to be with someone dominant, just equal.
Original post by Maid Marian
... Omg, why are you all obsessing about this so much. No one in the real world actually cares.

Well some people do and some people dont. Everyone is different and is looking for a partner who has the qualities and things they personally want! I do care about sex and I do want to marry a virgin, for my own reasons which I wont list out and discuss here. But I am not judgmental of other people, people can do what they want and look for what they want in a partner. I've got my own personal wants/needs/desires and I'm happy with them also. I dont agree with slut shaming and I dont agree with virgin shaming (e.g. calling people a prude, pressuring them into sex or forcing a casual view of it onto them) or shaming someones personal desires (e.g. to wait until marriage and marry a virgin to share everything with) either. I think we're all different, diverse, and there's no need we cant all respect each others interpretations of sex, wants, needs etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Open poll? On yer bike.

For the record, you didn't offer an option for no preference in either status of virginity or nature. I don't particularly care if the woman is submissive, dominant, "equalist". Tbh the way you phrased it sounds a bit more extreme than I think most people would like it. Women from my observations tend to like a man who takes charge to varying degrees. Now, one could interpret that as "dominant" but I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Honestly I probably like things more on an even keel personally but I do dabble/am curious about both being dominant and submissive. I'm not into one single thing so yeah, your poll isn't very good.
... Omg, why are you all obsessing about this so much. No one in the real world actually cares.

No one cares about the question or the distinction? Because I don't know. I've got to be honest, in normal situations I do tend to take a back seat. Let others take control of the situation. In the bedroom it depends, although I'd say I do tend to be a lot more proactive.
Original post by alexs2602
No one cares about the question or the distinction? Because I don't know. I've got to be honest, in normal situations I do tend to take a back seat. Let others take control of the situation. In the bedroom it depends, although I'd say I do tend to be a lot more proactive.

I meant, no one cares that much about whether their wife is a virgin or not or submissive or dominant etc.

If you meet someone you really like, you're not going to turn them down because they're not a virgin or because they're not submissive/dominant enough for you :lol:
Reply 30
Original post by alexs2602
Open poll? On yer bike.

For the record, you didn't offer an option for no preference in either status of virginity or nature. I don't particularly care if the woman is submissive, dominant, "equalist". Tbh the way you phrased it sounds a bit more extreme than I think most people would like it. Women from my observations tend to like a man who takes charge to varying degrees. Now, one could interpret that as "dominant" but I'm not sure I'd go quite that far. Honestly I probably like things more on an even keel personally but I do dabble/am curious about both being dominant and submissive. I'm not into one single thing so yeah, your poll isn't very good.

It sounds to me like you prefer an equalist non-virgin. I've set up the poll like that so people are compelled to choose. If you don't want to, you can vote for the final option.
I meant, no one cares that much about whether their wife is a virgin or not or submissive or dominant etc.

If you meet someone you really like, you're not going to turn them down because they're not a virgin or because they're not submissive/dominant enough for you :lol:

I would do personally because i couldnt bear to be so attached to someone and know they were with someone else or even that they would be with someone else

Arguably. Personally a woman with a bit of experience is ideal but I agree, don't really care in the long run BUT question was for preference. Same for submissive or dominant. Some might have a slight preference but won't bother most people,

That said, there will be a small number where they would turn someone down based on whether they're submissive or not.
Original post by 41b
It sounds to me like you prefer an equalist non-virgin. I've set up the poll like that so people are compelled to choose. If you don't want to, you can vote for the final option.

And I disagree. Your poll is bad and you should feel bad. It was poorly phrased. Don't try to force me into a category I don't feel I fit into.
Original post by lucaf
Oh wow, the majority of men are idiots. This is depressing. Obviously most of those are hypocrites who would not want to wait til marriage themselves.

I think it's pretty hypocritical to force your pov on to other people. You dont own other men or the right to their sexuality, desires, attraction. They are free to have whatever wants they have in a partner and dont need to be subjected to criticism. I wouldnt criticise a guy who would prefer his partner to have sex with other people (even though I dont really understand why someone would want this apart from maybe getting off on the taboo of seeing their partner with someone else as an outsider) and I wouldnt expect to be criticised for what I prefer either. I am pretty happy for people to have whatever criteria they want in a partner. It's their life and their need to be happy with who they're with at the end of the day. Who they want to be with isnt really anything to do with you, to call them idiots or whatever.
I'm actually surprised by these results. So many people want for a virgin. The amount of people someone sleeps with is so irrelevant to me, so long as when we are together we decide then to be faithful. As for submissive or non, I like an equal, because I think a relationship should be a joining of equals. I want someone who is their own person with their own mind and likes. I actually find the result somewhat depressing.
I just wish those men who prefer virgins are virgin themselves. Otherwise, double standards.
Reply 37

Well let me tell you little Maid, if you want a man to properly love you, be submissive to him and make him feel like a King. :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by lucaf
Oh wow, the majority of men are idiots. This is depressing. Obviously most of those are hypocrites who would not want to wait til marriage themselves.

I think you'd be surprised tbh. I guess you could argue that I am as I voted for the second option and am not a virgin, but I lost it to the girl I planned to spend my life with, and the fact that we haven't means I regret it.
Reply 39
Submissive virgin is obviously the best.

Latest

Trending

Trending