The Student Room Group

Why are girls always tired and in pain?

I have noticed overwhelmingly that girl seems to be more tired and always in pain in some way compared to guys, like I will see about 20 girls a day write on their Facebook about how they are in agony, how their stomach is hurting, head hurting, etc. Girls always seem to be tired and always napping too. I rarely see a guy have a 'power nap' in the middle of the day, but girls are always sleeping!

I can't count the amount of girls I've known and spoken to who have carried on a conversation or a text or something after taking a 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day or some kind of nap. And girls are always at the doctors or on pain killers for some reason or another.'OMG in so much pain right now' I see that every day on their status. LOL

Girls, why are you so tired and hurt all the time?

Scroll to see replies

menstruation and hormones are a girls worst enemy
Reply 2
I walked 2 hours in fancy shoes and a dress in the rain today. I'm tired and in pain :redface:
Reply 3
I can't personally account for every single female in the world but I'm constantly stressed with A levels and getting into uni and i have a lot of home pressure, which I think takes it's toll on my body and I need to sleep about 9-10 hours just to feel normal, and why I have a lot of headaches etc. And as for being in pain, periods can be bloody painful (pun not intended) too, some get it worse than others. That may account for some girls' pain.
Their body is always leaking? :tongue: Periods sound rough.

I'm always tired though.

Original post by SiminaM
I walked 2 hours in fancy shoes and a dress in the rain today. I'm tired and in pain :redface:

They also wear stupid shoes and clothing. They don't even have pockets man. Whenever I am wondering about Manchester in the evening there are always girls in skimpy clothing in the freezing cold of winter??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobynMaryLove
menstruation and hormones are a girls worst enemy
Thank **** I don't have periods! :biggrin: :redface:
The week before my period, I get bloated and exhausted.

The week of my period I get hormone withdrawal headaches and cramps that literally make me cry out in pain, and sometimes my only solution is sleeping until it's over.

The week after my period I get headaches and nausea from going back on my hormonal birth control.

That leaves me one week of normality! :smile:
There's nothing LOL about that OP. Truth is, we have a bunch of ragin hormones that possess us every month and sometimes they just feel like causing us pain. Then there's voluntary stuff that causes us pain like wearing heels, waxing, threading. But we get tired easily because our bodies aren't as physically strong as yours.
BTW not every single girl is tired and in pain all the time. I rarely am.
I agree with the pain thing but not with the sleeping.

I was on a family holiday with my parents and another family who had two teenage sons, and despite us being on holidays they would both go an take random naps throughout the day, and then sometimes complain about being tired even though we had done **** all all day

and boys in sixth form often talk about how much they sleep/ need a power nap rn
Original post by Anonymous
I have noticed overwhelmingly that girl seems to be more tired and always in pain in some way compared to guys, like I will see about 20 girls a day write on their Facebook about how they are in agony, how their stomach is hurting, head hurting, etc. Girls always seem to be tired and always napping too. I rarely see a guy have a 'power nap' in the middle of the day, but girls are always sleeping!

I can't count the amount of girls I've known and spoken to who have carried on a conversation or a text or something after taking a 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day or some kind of nap. And girls are always at the doctors or on pain killers for some reason or another.'OMG in so much pain right now' I see that every day on their status. LOL

Girls, why are you so tired and hurt all the time?

A lot of painful chronic conditions are more prevalent in females: migraine, Autoimmune disease such as lupus and arthritis, M.E/CFS Some researchers believe high oestrogen levels are involved (and obviously oestrogen levels are naturally higher in women) .Women are also more likely to be anaemic because of their periods which can contribute tiredness and napping.

However, you may be witnessing a report bias. There is more of a stigma for men to be seen as 'tough/be a man' and thus some may find it harder to communicate when they're having a rough time.
Original post by bassbabe
There's nothing LOL about that OP. Truth is, we have a bunch of ragin hormones that possess us every month and sometimes they just feel like causing us pain. Then there's voluntary stuff that causes us pain like wearing heels, waxing, threading. But we get tired easily because our bodies aren't as physically strong as yours.
BTW not every single girl is tired and in pain all the time. I rarely am.

Ye but we have to lift heavy things cos of that :huff:

End of the day though, those XX chromosomes means you will live longer than us. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
We're drama queens.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:tongue:
They also wear stupid shoes and clothing. They don't even have pockets man. Whenever I am wondering about Manchester in the evening there are always girls in skimpy clothing in the freezing cold of winter??

I HAD TO BE elegant today at school and did not have a chance to go home and change before running some errands(is that phrase even used?). Also, it was not skimpy stuff it was decent and school appropiate.

I usually wear trainers and backpacks.

Don't hate man, just don't :frown:

Us girls have complicated lives :redface:
Ye but we have to lift heavy things cos of that :huff:

End of the day though, those XX chromosomes means you will live longer than us. :frown:

I genuinely do feel for you men on that one :hugs:So heres a virtual hug lol
I would of said that boys are much more lazy than girls
Half their life is spent playing video games/ watching TV
Original post by SiminaM
I HAD TO BE elegant today at school and did not have a chance to go home and change before running some errands(is that phrase even used?). Also, it was not skimpy stuff it was decent and school appropiate.

I usually wear trainers and backpacks.

Don't hate man, just don't :frown:

Us girls have complicated lives :redface:

I;m not saying skimpy is bad nor was I saying you were skimpy :erm:

Just that I don't know how girls can survive on nights out in British winter weather when they wear so little :afraid:
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
I would of said that boys are much more lazy than girls
Half their life is spent playing video games/ watching TV

It;s wonderful.

Maybe you women would be more chillaxed if you did the same. :lazy:
Their body is always leaking? :tongue: Periods sound rough.

I'm always tired though.

Bruh, looking nice is more important to us than comfort. Went to an outdoor party yesterday with no jacket because I didn't want to cover up my awesome tee. So I chose to freeze instead.
Periods may have a lot to do with it. I've been having mine this week and it has resulted in bloating, cramps and headache.
Also it is possible that women simply are more likely to complain when they are in pain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending