The Student Room Group

What is the best city you have visited?

What is the best city you have visited? and why?

Scroll to see replies

Ive been to a few all over the world fortunately and i have to say london is still the best when the weather is good!
Original post by Bill_Gates
What is the best city you have visited? and why?

San francisco...amazing weather and people
Reply 3
Original post by Mysticlove21
San francisco...amazing weather and people

loved San Francisco too, west coast of the US is amazing!
Reply 4
Original post by Fullofquestions1
Ive been to a few all over the world fortunately and i have to say london is still the best when the weather is good!

you must be having a laugh or already living in London haha. London doesn't even make my top 5.
I've not visited many cities but my favourite would be Dublin!
Reply 6
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I've not visited many cities but my favourite would be Dublin!

how come?
Reply 7
It's definitely between London and Durban. Its most like Durban tho.
how come?

I just love everything about it. There's a great atmosphere, it's a lovely city with lots to see, friendly people, good street musicians/buskers and the nightlife is super, particularly Temple Bar.
you must be having a laugh or already living in London haha. London doesn't even make my top 5.

Ive been london
Manchester (closest)
Paris
Johannesburg
Cape town
Mubai
Abu dhabi
Istanbul

So yeh id say london
For culture (I mean largely nightlife): Berlin or Amsterdam.

For a beautiful city to retire in: Montpellier

A bit Euro centric, but I haven't been outside Europe much.
London. Take away the fancy artichecture (whatever the word is) and the other cities are just average.
I've only visited sixteen cities that I can think of/remember. They are:
Truro
Plymouth
Exeter
Bath
Bristol
Gloucester
Worcester
Hereford
Oxford
Portsmouth
Cardiff
Birmingham
Stoke-on-Trent
Manchester
York
London

The best out of them is Plymouth, it feels like my second home and there's something about it and that area which I love. I love Bath, it's so beautiful and just such a nice small city. I love London too, particular the Holland Park/Notting Hill area.
Reply 13
Amsterdam or Venice, both were beautiful.
Original post by Fullofquestions1
Ive been london
Manchester (closest)
Paris
Johannesburg
Cape town
Mubai
Abu dhabi
Istanbul

So yeh id say london

Out of them yeah definitely lol. You've missed New York, HK, San Francisco, Vegas, Toronto, Vancouver, Singapore to name a few.
Out of them yeah definitely lol. You've missed New York, HK, San Francisco, Vegas, Toronto, Vancouver, Singapore to name a few.

Toronto was the next one planned :wink: but yeh it depends on where the individual has been and what there into tbh
I really liked Dusseldorf when I visited, especially as it was winter and the city was covered in snow. Everything looked pretty.... Very cold though, even for me and I like the cold, but that was a very minor issue. Good bierkellers there too, ofc.
Amsterdam and Cairo.
Reykjavik. I loved the quirkiness of it and also the climate suited me perfectly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Switzerland and Dubai

Quick Reply

Latest