The Student Room Group

What is the HARDEST A LEVEL (POLL)-LETS END THE DEBATE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecatwithnohat
lol why have you not included humanities and art subjects

they dont compare to the difficult of further maths chemistry and physics
Original post by Yousf
You have photographic memory? what ums did you get in all your subjects if you don't mind me asking

95%, 93%, 93%, 88%, 86% and 81% in general studies.
Of course the memory helps quite a bit but it's not the only thing, I mean I can nail questions that only require factual recall, however some questions I'm obviously still going to miss out marks on, it doesn't make me perfect because I still have to think (especially eg maths)
Original post by youreanutter
they dont compare to the difficult of further maths chemistry and physics

Difficulty of subjects are subjective.

STEM bias allday erryday
Original post by Yousf
i remember you from somewhere! How did you as results go

Aww really?! I got AABB :u: (tsr snobs, keep away :sexface:) How did you do? (if you're doing your AS/A2/GCSEs too ofc)
Product design - staying up til 4 in the morning most nights to finish my folio work, was all worth it in the end though, I worked my ass off for that A! And I nearly dropped the subject a few months before the exam because I kept thinking I was going to fail so what was the point?
Difficulty of subjects are subjective.

STEM bias allday erryday

try teach a boy further maths then try teach a boy history...
Original post by RonnieRJ
Of course the memory helps quite a bit but it's not the only thing, I mean I can nail questions that only require factual recall, however some questions I'm obviously still going to miss out marks on, it doesn't make me perfect because I still have to think (especially eg maths)

what was each percent in btw?
History was my hardest A by far. Even with my passion for the subject, my determination and motivation to study it at uni and all the extra-curricular reading/essay practice in the world, I still ended up 1 ums from that A* :frown:
Reply 48
Aww really?! I got AABB :u: (tsr snobs, keep away :sexface:) How did you do? (if you're doing your AS/A2/GCSEs too ofc)

abbd -.-. what subjects did you do. My D was in maths, rawr....
Reply 49

wow!! Nice.
Original post by Yousf
abbd -.-. what subjects did you do. My D was in maths, rawr....

Great results regardless! I'm guessing that you will drop Maths...? Or do you plan on resitting to boost the grade up?

My grades in French, ICT, English Literature and Sociology respectively. Not necessarily the hardest subjects but oh well :smug:

What subjects did you do?
Original post by Yousf
wow!! Nice.

Thanks man :smile:
Reply 52
Great results regardless! I'm guessing that you will drop Maths...? Or do you plan on resitting to boost the grade up?

My grades in French, ICT, English Literature and Sociology respectively. Not necessarily the hardest subjects but oh well :smug:

What subjects did you do?

That's really good, but not the easiest of subject at all. Yeah gona drop maths. Where you gona apply to and for what out of interest. By the way is that you in your dp. You and ronnie both cut of half your face, its such a suspense/teaser somehow LOL...
True, but it's definitely not hard content wise :wink:

Bbe if u need biology practical help I'll help u xxxxxx
Original post by Yousf
That's really good, but not the easiest of subject at all. Yeah gona drop maths. Where you gona apply to and for what out of interest. By the way is that you in your dp. You and ronnie both cut of half your face, its such a suspense/teaser somehow LOL...

I'm so spoilt for choice, I'm not set on a particular uni. All I'm certain of at the moment is that I'll be moving out of London :yep: what about you?

I'm looking into Software Engineering. Yes, yes, I've heard the usual "you need maths a level :angry::angry::angry:" but the course is the programming side of Computer Science, so you're not left in the dark for not having a mathematical background (although I have my B from Maths AS last year). What are you thinking of studying?

Yes it's me haha. There are the odd beans on here who get wound up about it but whatever :lol:
Reply 55
i loved biology until the exam board (AQA) thought it would be funny to only test us with 40% content and 60% 'how science works'.:angry:
Original post by help089
i loved biology until the exam board (AQA) thought it would be funny to only test us with 40% content and 60% 'how science works'.:angry:

I feel you oh my god, none of it was the spec lmao
Reply 57
I feel you oh my god, none of it was the spec lmao

i thought i completely failed my unit 1 and 2 exam. i ended up getting C's in both(unit 1 and 2) , however i got an A in the EMPA and that got me a B overall.
i made 300 flash cards to learn all the content from the spec and well...that didnt work out well.:frown:
Reply 58
I'm so spoilt for choice, I'm not set on a particular uni. All I'm certain of at the moment is that I'll be moving out of London :yep: what about you?

I'm looking into Software Engineering. Yes, yes, I've heard the usual "you need maths a level :angry::angry::angry:" but the course is the programming side of Computer Science, so you're not left in the dark for not having a mathematical background (although I have my B from Maths AS last year). What are you thinking of studying?

Yes it's me haha. There are the odd beans on here who get wound up about it but whatever :lol:

Oh nono its fine haha:ahee:. Well im planning to stay in london, i don't want to live outside london, is there any reason you wanna move out? Also im planning to do combined course economics+something, as i'm dropping maths and so i cant get into straight economics.
i think it depends on the board.

I need to mention, though. I know it won't be as hard as Physics, but my god. OCR Applied ICT anyone? A detailed escape the room flash game was graded on the same basis as a dress up game (easiest thing to do in flash). What's worse is that, I don't see any support of it from any site because it's outdated, including OCR's website, and they won't take the course down.
It hurts.

Quick Reply

Latest