The Student Room Group

Raf medical & fitness test

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As far as the medical is concerned, yes they tell you at the end if you've passed or not. If not, they will tell you there and then if you can redo you test or not, it depends on what they may fail you on. Even if they do fail you and disagree, you can appeal!
For the AST there is a practice booklet that you can download from the raf careers website, https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/application-process/
Hi, do they write to your Doctor, or is the medical just done on the day, pass or fail?
Reply 22
Original post by fordy1967
Hi, do they write to your Doctor, or is the medical just done on the day, pass or fail?

No they don't contact your GP, thus why it's best to take any medical info you're concerned about (get from your gp).

Yes they will let you know on the day if you're passed/ failed/ TMU.

Good luck
Great, thanks for the reply
Reply 24
How far back do you lean when you do a sit up? Is it head right back onto the mat?
Reply 25
Original post by Taryn89
How far back do you lean when you do a sit up? Is it head right back onto the mat?

Practice doing them that way to build better core strength but at PRTC you only your shoulder blades to touch.
Could I postpone my medical? My BMI isn't where they want it to be yet and I need at least another month as I made the stupid mistake of still lifting instead of sticking to the cardio. Will I be able to postpone it? Someone please reply
Is it possible to postpone your medical? My bmi isn't great atm I need at least another month before I hit the correct bmi. So would I be able to postpone it?
Original post by Jackson111
Is it possible to postpone your medical? My bmi isn't great atm I need at least another month before I hit the correct bmi. So would I be able to postpone it?

Call your AFCO and ask. I don't think they will have an issue with it if you explain your situation.
Anyone know where I can do the aptitute tests online? I did one for the Navy for Warfare Officer. Did fine with everything apart from mathematics, which was not up to standard (ironic considering I passed the mechanics part of it). I want to phone them up to rearrange a test sometime before end of January but am worried about the test and failing it again. Any suggestions on what I can do to prep again for it?
This advice really helped me thanks so much!
Do you have to have a blood test in the health check for an raf pilot?
Reply 32
Hey

I'm currently filling in my exercise diary that was said was necessary from my medical appointment.

Once I finish my 3 months doing that and sent the diary off, does anyone know how long it roughly takes for them to get back to me? Also how long the notice is for the fitness test?
Anyone know how long the medical takes?

Quick Reply

Latest