The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath applicants for 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nijuuninichi
That would be great if you could! Have fun. :wink:

Bath university looks like a great play to work and live. Not going to lie when I went yesterday I focused mostly on the sports facilites. Everyone I came into contact with were really nice, Bath looks like it would be a really nice place to live. The university is at the top of the hill I mean the hil was sort of long however would be great exercise.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Crazyjoesmith
Bath university looks like a great play to work and live. Not going to lie when I went yesterday I focused mostly on the sports facilites. Everyone I came into contact with were really nice, Bath looks like it would be a really nice place to live. The university is at the top of the hill I mean the hil was sort of long however would be great exercise.

Thank you so much for reporting back to me! It sounds great, I'm glad I have an offer from them. :h:
Original post by Nijuuninichi
Thank you so much for reporting back to me! It sounds great, I'm glad I have an offer from them. :h:

You're welcome and lucky you I pray I get an offer. However my school is taking forever because they are still focusing on Oxbridge people it's really really annoying cause I don't want to miss out. I am worried that I will not get an offer because I have rubbish GCSEs and i didn't get AS results because I do Btec sport which is a two year course, I can't find out my grade till the end.
Reply 43
Original post by Sade_101
Kings, UCL, Cardiff and UEA, wbu? I got BBBB in AS in bio, chem, maths and physics but was only a couple of ums off an A aha so annoying. I'm dropping maths and predicted AAA. How did you do? :smile:

I'm applying manchester, cardiff, bath, LJM and UCLAN. I got ABBB at AS (geog,chem,bio and psychology) but i'm dropping psychology. I'm predicted AAB so far but Im still trying to get my chemistry teacher to move me up to an A :frown:
Hi all! I saw a friend post a similar post to this about a different uni early and thought it might be a good idea to start one for my own uni. I only started at Bath about 2.5 weeks ago but I figured I might be able to answer some of the questions that people have about the uni and whatnot. can't promise that I'll know everything but I'll try my best! :smile:
Original post by PirateEmily
Hi all! I saw a friend post a similar post to this about a different uni early and thought it might be a good idea to start one for my own uni. I only started at Bath about 2.5 weeks ago but I figured I might be able to answer some of the questions that people have about the uni and whatnot. can't promise that I'll know everything but I'll try my best! :smile:

Hiya, loving the enthusiasm. :smile:

There are two threads here and here for applicants and information from current students, and I think that it would be best to keep these things on one thread.:colondollar:

I hope that your first few weeks are going well.
Reply 46
To anyone who's got an offer....how long did it take them to respond? I'm dying because they've received my application and the suspense is killing me...it's my top choice uni too :'(
Original post by mfr13
To anyone who's got an offer....how long did it take them to respond? I'm dying because they've received my application and the suspense is killing me...it's my top choice uni too :'(

it took me 2 weeks ++
Original post by mfr13

Slightly less relevant, but back in 2013 I sent off my applications for Maths around the 10th of October and got an offer from bath on the 25th of the next month.

Slightly more relevant. Totally get how you feel! Maybe you can busy yourself with studying (if you haven't got the qualifications yet). After all, it's important to get the grades when you get an offer! Hopefully you will get in. :rave:
Reply 49
Omg yes yes ofc I just think the waiting is a slight added stress if that makes sense? and i'm generally quite an anxious person!! Seems as though they take their time though! x
Original post by mfr13
Omg yes yes ofc I just think the waiting is a slight added stress if that makes sense? and i'm generally quite an anxious person!! Seems as though they take their time though! x

Oh yes definitely, it can be stressful. But keep yourself occupied and the weeks will fly by. :h:
Hiya!
I'm applying for Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry.
Got AAAAA in AS in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. predicted A*A*A
Really hoping for an offer soon I haven't got any yet!
Also applied to Imperial, Birmingham Sheffield and Nottingham :smile:
Original post by iylianuraiman
I got an offer from bath this morning for chemical engineering mEng!!!

Wow! what are you predicted?
Are you going to firm it?
Original post by Abbie_1511
Hiya!
I'm applying for Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry.
Got AAAAA in AS in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. predicted A*A*A
Really hoping for an offer soon I haven't got any yet!
Also applied to Imperial, Birmingham Sheffield and Nottingham :smile:

Amazing achieved/predicted grades! :smile:

5 years on a uni course seems like a long time! :colondollar:

And nice uni choices.
Original post by SeanFM
Amazing achieved/predicted grades! :smile:

5 years on a uni course seems like a long time! :colondollar:

And nice uni choices.

thanks!
Yeah I thought so too but would rather have a year in industry so get experience and easier to get a job :smile:
what you applying for?
thanks!
Yeah I thought so too but would rather have a year in industry so get experience and easier to get a job :smile:
what you applying for?

Yes, that's so true. And you'll probably be paid for doing your placement (with some luck) so that would be nice.

I'm actually a second year student on the MathSci course with a placement year - which I should be applying for now. :redface:
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, that's so true. And you'll probably be paid for doing your placement (with some luck) so that would be nice.

I'm actually a second year student on the MathSci course with a placement year - which I should be applying for now. :redface:

yeah hopefully!
Oh thats so cool, what's bath like? It looks amazing on the website and everything but i've not been to an open day :/ Do you like living there?
Reply 57
Original post by iylianuraiman
I got an offer from bath this morning for chemical engineering mEng!!!

Congrats! What was the offer ? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah hopefully!
Oh thats so cool, what's bath like? It looks amazing on the website and everything but i've not been to an open day :/ Do you like living there?

Heya, I've added your question to what will be the FAQs on the ask a current student thread and answered it there. :h:
Applying for Meng Chemical Engineering with a year in industry. Also applying to Birmingham and Sheffield and undecided about the other two.I got AAAA in AS (Maths, biology, chemistry, Geography) and im predicted A*A*A.Really hoping I get an offer as i came to the open day and loved the place instantly!! Good luck to everyone else applying!! :-)

Quick Reply

Latest