The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I missed the open days this year and hoping to study Management sciences next year, just wondering if there's going to be any other opportunity to have a look at the specific departments or would I just have to book a campus tour?
Many thanks
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by alevelsruinme
Hi, I missed the open days this year and hoping to study Management sciences next year, just wondering if there's going to be any other opportunity to have a look at the specific departments or would I just have to book a campus tour?
Many thanks

Hi alevelsruinme

The School of Business and Economics are more than happy for you to come in and speak to one of the admissions team. You wouldn't get to see an academic, but the team can talk you through anything you want to know.

You could come in on a day when they run the campus tours in the afternoon and then you get the specific information you want with a general overview of the campus too.

E-mail them at [email protected] or call 01509 228 297 and they'll be able to help you.

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Excuse Me!

There are visit days for the different psychology courses. The differ from a general open day because you'll be getting much more information about the specific courses, more in-depth tour of the department etc.

You do get to see things like accommodation, so you will see some of the campus, but it's not a full on campus tour if you see what I mean.

We do hold campus tours on a Wednesday afternoon, so if you wanted to come along to one of those you could book on here.

If you need any more info, let me know.

Vicky

Do you know the date for the visit days? And do we need to book it
Original post by Excuse Me!
Do you know the date for the visit days? And do we need to book it

Hi Excuse Me!

Visit days are for applicants, so you would be invited to them.
If you've not made up your mind, let me know which area of Psychology you're wanting to study and I can send you some contact details so you can contact the relevant department directly and speak to them.

Hope this helps.
Vicky
Reply 444
Hi i have just sent my application last week and i would just like to know how long does it normally take to make a offer and if you do make unconditional offers
Original post by Aaron_1
Hi i have just sent my application last week and i would just like to know how long does it normally take to make a offer and if you do make unconditional offers

Hi Aaron_1
I've replied on this thread which is for 2016 applicants:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3643807

Vicky
Reply 446
Original post by Mohammed212
Hi, im applying for Mechanical Engineering and the course requirements are A*AA. I got AAA for as grades, is there a chnace of getting accepted.

There is no A* accorded for AS, highest grade is A. What are your predicted grade? Looking at your AS grades, there is high possibility that your predictions may meet the required entry grades.
Can everyone now please post on the 2016 applicants thread, which is a sticky thread at the top of the Loughborough forum.

Link to the thread is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3643807

Thanks very much :smile:
Vicky
Hi!
I have just been given a Conditional offer. However ,I did not attend any open days and haven't seen what it is like. Is there anychance of going to a formal viewing?
Thanks!-)
Original post by Genuine History
Hi!
I have just been given a Conditional offer. However ,I did not attend any open days and haven't seen what it is like. Is there anychance of going to a formal viewing?
Thanks!-)

Hi Genuine History
I've replied on the 2016 applicants thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3643807&page=3

Vicky
Reply 450
Does anyone know how lenient loughborough university is with chemical engineering (BENG). what are the likelihoods of me still being accepted with ABB? or A*BB How does concession work? did everyone on the course attain the AAB requirements? on some websites like whatuni i see the entry requirements range from 93-136 Ucas points even though loughborough website differs
Original post by ola2000
Does anyone know how lenient loughborough university is with chemical engineering (BENG). what are the likelihoods of me still being accepted with ABB? or A*BB How does concession work? did everyone on the course attain the AAB requirements? on some websites like whatuni i see the entry requirements range from 93-136 Ucas points even though loughborough website differs

Hi ola200

I've answered on the 2017 thread :biggrin:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending