The Student Room Group

El Clasico: Real Madrid v Barcelona 5.15pm

Football is finally back after what seemed like an everlasting international break.
What better way to enjoy the return of domestic football than Real Madrid v Barcelona! One of THE events of the football calendar.

Just to say, for those who do not have Sky Sports (Are you cray? :eek: ) El Clasico is being shown LIVE and FREE courtesy of Sky on SKY 1 (Channel 106) from 5pm 21.11.2015. Alternatively the match is also on Sky Sports 2, with coverage also beginning at 5pm.

Note: This match is on at the SAME time as Manchester City v Liverpool therefore, Sky have offered viewers the chance to watch BOTH matches via their SPLIT SCREEN option (Can view both matches at the same time obvs :cool: ) To do this, press the red button and follow instructions. (Please note this feature is only available on the sky sports channels)

Match Preview:

Venue: Santiago Bernabau
Kick off: 5.15pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34849342

Tagged in a few members off the top of my head :tongue: Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
0-0 I reckon
Reply 2
Original post by John55
0-0 I reckon

Not as unlikely as many might think as I think Benitses wouldn't mind.
Barca to win 3-1
Original post by moggis
Not as unlikely as many might think as I think Benitses wouldn't mind.

Madrid are far better defensively than they have been in the last decade since they finally replaced Makelele.
I reckon Barca will still score however. 1-1 I'm going with
(edited 8 years ago)
Can't wait! been a LONG break!
Neymar to boss it. Been in amazing form but this game will really show the world how far he's progressed.
Sky must be desperate for subscribers if they're putting the Clasico on Freeview.
Reply 8
It's amazing how Barcelona have impressed even without Messi. Once upon a time, they'd be desperate for him to return. Indeed, they've only played two El Clasicos without him since 2007 I think, and lost them both. Neymar has really shone, though, and I fully expect them to beat Real.

I think Benitez's best hope is having Marcelo get down the left and have the beating of Dani Alves for the full 90. If that happens, they'll cause problems.
It is on Sky 1 :eek:
Reply 10
Original post by toonervoustotalk
It is on Sky 1 :eek:

Sky are treating us to LFC-City and the El Clasico.
Original post by Mackay
Sky are treating us to LFC-City and the El Clasico.

That moment you dont have sky sports :frown: but will watch real-barca :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by toonervoustotalk
That moment you dont have sky sports :frown: but will watch real-barca :biggrin:

Ah shame. Sky have a feature on the red button to watch both games in a split screen.
Messi is back for this isnt he?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Messi is back for this isnt he?

Yeah but he's not 100% He'll still probably start though

It will be tricky, but Madrid will win this. Even with a damaged shoulder Ramos will have Neymar in his pocket. Barca's defence, as it has been for a good 5 years, is mediocre at best and Madrid will have too much attacking quality for them.

Expecting big performances from Marcelo and Modric.
Original post by tengentoppa
Yeah but he's not 100% He'll still probably start though

It will be tricky, but Madrid will win this. Even with a damaged shoulder Ramos will have Neymar in his pocket. Barca's defence, as it has been for a good 5 years, is mediocre at best and Madrid will have too much attacking quality for them.

Expecting big performances from Marcelo and Modric.

Big up, got a feeling this Clasico will be disappointing, not sure why.
Original post by Mackay
Ah shame. Sky have a feature on the red button to watch both games in a split screen.

:eek:
Free? You sure you can get Sky 1 free? I'm not sure I have that
Would rather watch City vs Liverpool than this divefest
Reply 19
Original post by TornadoGR4
Would rather watch City vs Liverpool than this divefest

El Clasico has rarely entertained me since the mid-00s, really. That 3-3 in which Messi stole the show was great to watch. The CL semi-finals were enjoyable the year that Barcelona won it, too, but too often the league games are dull.

Quick Reply

Latest