The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ECONOMICS1738
I got an offer from university of sussex, conditional offer for economics BBB.

Thats amazingg! but don't they want an ABB? If you got BBB it means theyre quite linient right? Im asking cause they want AAB for IR but i have ABB so I havent applied yet cause I thought that I wouldnt get in at all cause I dont meet their requirements. But your conditional offers brilliant!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hey all, I've got an offer for Social Sciences with a foundation year and I've just submitted an essay for assessment for a place on Politics without the foundation as well so waiting to hear about that one.
anyone applying for chem? I'm waiting to hear back from them😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Media Practise:biggrin: ABB or BBB if I make Sussex my firm!
Original post by ECONOMICS1738
I got an offer from university of sussex, conditional offer for economics BBB.

I thought Sussex asked for AAB-ABB for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
got an offer for chemistry :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for ABB straight Economics, if I make it my firm it goes down to BBB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Got an unconditional offer for media practice last week. Really excited about it! Anyone else going to the applicant visit day in March?
Reply 28
Anyone for neuroscience?
Reply 29
Original post by 408655
Anyone for neuroscience?

hi :smile: i got an offer for neuroscience, AAB or ABB (if firm).
Reply 30
Original post by dotbot
hi :smile: i got an offer for neuroscience, AAB or ABB (if firm).

heyy I'm a foundation year (bio & chem) student at sussex, I want to study neuroscience too :biggrin:

I'm here to just meet some people who will probably be on the course next year :smile: A bit too early though...
Reply 31
Original post by 408655
heyy I'm a foundation year (bio & chem) student at sussex, I want to study neuroscience too :biggrin:

I'm here to just meet some people who will probably be on the course next year :smile: A bit too early though...

Wah cool! I'm gonna be going to an applicant open day in jan so I'm really excited to find out more about the uni. Can I ask what you think about it so far? :h:
Reply 32
Original post by dotbot
Wah cool! I'm gonna be going to an applicant open day in jan so I'm really excited to find out more about the uni. Can I ask what you think about it so far? :h:

Awesome :smile: The university is really vibrant, lively, friendly to students of all sorts and incredibly diverse. The various clubs and societies from the students union really make an effort to create the student community by putting together a whole load of events which vary from board game evenings to nights out to charity events. It took me a while to get used to everything because it was all new for me including the lifestyle of being independent and being socially outgoing, particularly since most of my friends do party a lot.One of my main struggles has been my social anxiety and so, I have avoided things like going out as much as I can. I would say if you're socially confident and you're willing to put in the effort of being independent especially if you will be leaving home you will pretty much do well.

There is currently some construction on the university campus for the purpose of new developments. The campus is fairly large in size and well spread out like the average university in the UK. The university was built in the 60s, so it looks nothing like Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow universities. The buildings from the 60s still remain in the main part of campus, however the surrounding areas are all new or fairly recent. What I like about the campus is that there is a lot greenery and open space, this is also the case in the areas which surround the campus as there happens to be vast fields and a forest not very far from the library. In the autumn season, the main part of campus is really beautiful.

I haven't met any of the lecturers yet who teach the modules in neuroscience because I am a foundation year student. Instead, we have other lecturers in the school of life sciences who are doing our lectures. The school will always ask all students regardless of what you study to hand in coursework or essays by 4pm on a thursday. The school has its own student facilities, this is particularly useful if there is no space left in the library and this would be the case from 11am to 3pm when the library reaches its busiest peak. But normally, I study in my room. The library is a bit too small, the good thing is that they are currently working on that and are also improving the facilities of the library.

Brighton is a small city, but pretty much has everything I could ask for. I love the seaside so much. At night time though, there a lot of students who are out and about in clubs or parties and you will typically find drunk students on the bus at midnight.... they are very loud

The buses here are 24hrs and are very frequent. However some students who live by the seafront take the train to campus from Brighton station to Falmer station.

Some negatives - Brighton & Sussex universities are struggling to cope with the limited availability of accommodation in Brighton which is a fairly small city and there is there is an increase in the number of students coming here to study each year. The majority of chinese international students are now paying to stay in hotels on the seafront for this reason. APPLY FOR ACCOMMODATING ASAP.

The library is fairly decent, I was expecting more when I came here. So I look forward to the improvements.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer asap. Though I will be travelling soon and I still have lots of revision to do for my january exams. So I apologise if I reply late.

I wish you all the best for A2, good luck :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by 408655
Awesome :smile: The university is really vibrant, lively, friendly to students of all sorts and incredibly diverse. The various clubs and societies from the students union really make an effort to create the student community by putting together a whole load of events which vary from board game evenings to nights out to charity events. It took me a while to get used to everything because it was all new for me including the lifestyle of being independent and being socially outgoing, particularly since most of my friends do party a lot.One of my main struggles has been my social anxiety and so, I have avoided things like going out as much as I can. I would say if you're socially confident and you're willing to put in the effort of being independent especially if you will be leaving home you will pretty much do well.

There is currently some construction on the university campus for the purpose of new developments. The campus is fairly large in size and well spread out like the average university in the UK. The university was built in the 60s, so it looks nothing like Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow universities. The buildings from the 60s still remain in the main part of campus, however the surrounding areas are all new or fairly recent. What I like about the campus is that there is a lot greenery and open space, this is also the case in the areas which surround the campus as there happens to be vast fields and a forest not very far from the library. In the autumn season, the main part of campus is really beautiful.

I haven't met any of the lecturers yet who teach the modules in neuroscience because I am a foundation year student. Instead, we have other lecturers in the school of life sciences who are doing our lectures. The school will always ask all students regardless of what you study to hand in coursework or essays by 4pm on a thursday. The school has its own student facilities, this is particularly useful if there is no space left in the library and this would be the case from 11am to 3pm when the library reaches its busiest peak. But normally, I study in my room. The library is a bit too small, the good thing is that they are currently working on that and are also improving the facilities of the library.

Brighton is a small city, but pretty much has everything I could ask for. I love the seaside so much. At night time though, there a lot of students who are out and about in clubs or parties and you will typically find drunk students on the bus at midnight.... they are very loud

The buses here are 24hrs and are very frequent. However some students who live by the seafront take the train to campus from Brighton station to Falmer station.

Some negatives - Brighton & Sussex universities are struggling to cope with the limited availability of accommodation in Brighton which is a fairly small city and there is there is an increase in the number of students coming here to study each year. The majority of chinese international students are now paying to stay in hotels on the seafront for this reason. APPLY FOR ACCOMMODATING ASAP.

The library is fairly decent, I was expecting more when I came here. So I look forward to the improvements.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer asap. Though I will be travelling soon and I still have lots of revision to do for my january exams. So I apologise if I reply late.

Oh wow, thank you for the reply. It's really detailed so I appreciate that aha ^_^ and good luck with your January exams, you'll be great. :biggrin:
Original post by 408655

when should I apply for accommodation ? also is Sussex an expensive place to live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by bubblegumcat
when should I apply for accommodation ? also is Sussex an expensive place to live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know about Sussex because coming here was a very late decision that I made. But last year, my firm choice opened their applications for accommodation in February. I'm not sure about other universities, you want to check on the sussex website on this matter

The prices of accommodation on campus vary from £60 to £150, however the cheapest isn't always the best quality and the most expensive isn't always worth it. Depends on your preferences really...
I live in a house off campus with 3 other students and we all pay £120 for a week., the house is pretty decent really

For travel...
trains in brighton for 1 month - £60
buses for 1 day - £3
buses for 1 week - £12.50
buses for 3 months - £115
buses for 12 months - £365

I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 408655
I don't know about Sussex because coming here was a very late decision that I made. But last year, my firm choice opened their applications for accommodation in February. I'm not sure about other universities, you want to check on the sussex website on this matter

The prices of accommodation on campus vary from £60 to £150, however the cheapest isn't always the best quality and the most expensive isn't always worth it. Depends on your preferences really...
I live in a house off campus with 3 other students and we all pay £120 for a week., the house is pretty decent really

For travel...
trains in brighton for 1 month - £60
buses for 1 day - £3
buses for 1 week - £12.50
buses for 3 months - £115
buses for 12 months - £365

I hope this helps :smile:

thanks, I see a lot of Sussex students say that its expensive to live there which scares me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by bubblegumcat
thanks, I see a lot of Sussex students say that its expensive to live there which scares me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you should feel that way because you'll learn to how to save your money effectively with experience :smile:
I've been a student here for a term now and I would say that I have learnt how to do so myself

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 408655
I don't think you shouldn't feel that way because you'll learn to how to save your money effectively with experience :smile:
I've been a student here for a term now and I would say that I have learnt how to do so myself

thank you :smile: good luck with uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applied for the foundation psychology? US told me about it mid December so Ive chanced my arm as I was going to do an access course before as there wasn't a foundation course at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending