The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Don't steal land and massacre babies and women - won't be hated by the world.

The lie won't help. Don't kill Israelis - won't be killed.

Since the beginning of Israel only around 50,000 Palestinians have been killed. In that time Muslims have killed 10+ million other Muslims. Do you not think that many people just use Israel as an excuse to be anti-semitic? Maybe if some Muslim countries stopped the systematic death penalty for homosexuals and apostates then they wont be hated by the world.
Original post by admonit
The lie won't help. Don't kill Israelis - won't be killed.

The lie won't help. Don't steal land and massacre babies and women - won't be hated by the world.
Original post by MatureStudent36
When high explosive gets fired around one thing is certain, innocent people will get killed in the cross fire.

What we see with the problem at the moment is that Palestinians love initiating conflict and nearly always start off any tit for tat shooting. It's because they lack any respect for the life of its population because they know that they'll get more gain from propoganda.

If thenpalestjnans stopped firing then the Israelis wouldn't shoot back.

ugh do you know any real history?

firstly, the Palestinians did in fact react to the Israelis, who started the war the Palestinians wouldn't be fighting right now had Israel not initiated the acts. also, to highlight how Palestine was in existence waaaayyy before Israel ever was. yes I understand Palestinians should not retaliate so harshly, and secondly nevertheless Israel had no right to create a blockage, create a massive wall AND kill ten times the number in civilians that Palestinians ever have.
You're wasting your time with that one. I'm pretty sure he's one of Netanyahu's cronies.

Cheers for the heads up, not sure I'm in the right headspace for an argument - already had that today :tongue:
Original post by BioStudentx
Do you not think that many people just use Israel as an excuse to be anti-semitic?

Because you can't criticise a country's actions while retaining a neutral/benevolent position to those who live within the country...
For some, yes, it is an excuse to be anti-Semitic, just as the crimes committed by priests was an excuse for some to rage against the church and extremist Muslims are an excuse for some to be racist. Doesn't mean everyone, or the majority, is.
Since the beginning of Israel only around 50,000 Palestinians have been killed.

"only"?

Maybe if some Muslim countries stopped the systematic death penalty for homosexuals and apostates then they wont be hated by the world.

I don't see the relevance of any of this to what is being discussed.
Since the beginning of Israel only around 50,000 Palestinians have been killed. In that time Muslims have killed 10+ million other Muslims. Do you not think that many people just use Israel as an excuse to be anti-semitic? Maybe if some Muslim countries stopped the systematic death penalty for homosexuals and apostates then they wont be hated by the world.

which is pretty ironic considering the USA has the largest number of individuals killed for committing acts against the law.
Original post by admonit
The lives of the Israelis are much more important.
Don't kill Israelis - won't be killed.

The lives of the Palestinians are much more important.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I haven't seen the Israelis firing multiple unguided rockets into civilian areas. Seen plenty of unguided Palestinian rockets fired at Israeli civilian areas

It's almost as if the two sides have vastly different levels of military technology available to them, right?
Original post by cookiemunch
which is pretty ironic considering the USA has the largest number of individuals killed for committing acts against the law.

Being able to practice your religion is a basic human right. How can you compare homosexuality and apostasy to what USA consider "acts against the law"? Last time I checked China and Iran had the highest execution rates.

"only"?

I don't see the relevance of any of this to what is being discussed.

You seem to use a lot of emotional words and adjectives and people never seemed to be bothered about innocent lives being taken away in the middle east until it comes to Israel.

You seem to use a lot of emotional words and adjectives and people never seemed to be bothered about innocent lives being taken away in the middle east until it comes to Israel.

Yes, how dare people discuss Israel in a thread about Israel.

On a more serious note, what you say is quite obviously nonsense: the rise of The IS and Syria/Iraq have gained more media attention than arguably any other conflict for a few years now. So I think it is quite obvious that people's interest in the loss of innocent life in the ME extends beyond the crimes of Israel.
The lives of the Palestinians are much more important.

Don't kill Israelis - Palestinians won't be killed.
Yes, how dare people discuss Israel in a thread about Israel.

On a more serious note, what you say is quite obviously nonsense: the rise of The IS and Syria/Iraq have gained more media attention than arguably any other conflict for a few years now. So I think it is quite obvious that people's interest in the loss of innocent life in the ME extends beyond the crimes of Israel.

I was obviously extending it beyond the topic of this thread. I wasn't talking about the amount of media attention - the general population.
Original post by admonit
The lives of the Israelis are much more important.

Especially given a lot of the press (more so in the US than the UK) is biased towards Israel...

Don't worry, Jews have become accustomed.
Original post by admonit
Don't worry, Jews have become accustomed.

As have the Palestinians.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Especially given a lot of the press (more so in the US than the UK) is biased towards Israel...

Maybe five years ago, these days they're 100% pro Palestine.
Original post by MrKmas508
Maybe five years ago, these days they're 100% pro Palestine.

Really? All I've seen of US media is pro-Israel, at least the Murdoch group.

Latest

Trending

Trending