The Student Room Group

CIE ICGSE English

Has anybody done this? I am asking about English Language and Literature with CIE IGCSE, 0500CR (21 and 31) Language and 0486BY (12/32/42) for Literature. I am predicted A* for language and A literature, even though I got 80% for language and 88% literature in my mocks (both As). I am studying Henry V, Spies by Michael Frayn and Poems Deep and Dangerous.

My main concern is that my teacher has predicted me an A* for language, and in all but one of the papers I have done since then, I have been getting As, while most of my literature papers have gotten A*s, so I don't understand her prediction.

I am also concerned about the grade boundaries that she has set. She said that I needed 90% or higher for an A* in both language and literature in my mocks but I checked for the same papers online and they say 65% (which I think is very low), so I am very confused about what she has told me.

Anyway, does anybody have any recommendations about what I can do to get those A*s, as this is the only subject that I haven't predicted an A*. I would like to get an A* and my language exams are in a month from now.

Thank you.
The grade boundaries are very low I find with CIE - did you do the coursework route for language?
Reply 2
No coursework. Just paper 2 (mostly reading based) and paper 3 (directed and descriptive writing)
Reply 3
Original post by akaash13
Has anybody done this? I am asking about English Language and Literature with CIE IGCSE, 0500CR (21 and 31) Language and 0486BY (12/32/42) for Literature. I am predicted A* for language and A literature, even though I got 80% for language and 88% literature in my mocks (both As). I am studying Henry V, Spies by Michael Frayn and Poems Deep and Dangerous.

My main concern is that my teacher has predicted me an A* for language, and in all but one of the papers I have done since then, I have been getting As, while most of my literature papers have gotten A*s, so I don't understand her prediction.

I am also concerned about the grade boundaries that she has set. She said that I needed 90% or higher for an A* in both language and literature in my mocks but I checked for the same papers online and they say 65% (which I think is very low), so I am very confused about what she has told me.

Anyway, does anybody have any recommendations about what I can do to get those A*s, as this is the only subject that I haven't predicted an A*. I would like to get an A* and my language exams are in a month from now.

Thank you.

Yes you are correct. 65% was the grade boundary for an A* last year in English literature. I don't know where you're teacher got those grade boundaries from. Therefore if you got 88% in you're mocks I'm sure that you would get an A* in the literature exams next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending