The Student Room Group

Feel drained! Help?

I have literally no motivation to study at the moment and I have exams all next week(s) etc.

Like I want to revise but I physically can't lacking so much motivation for some reason!

Tips to get on track again?
watch motivational videos on youtube
read about great people you look up to or admire and how they achieved success
think about how disappointed and angry and frustrated you'll be if you dont pass your exams
think about all the people who are counting on you
think about your life goals and how doing bad in your exams will just make those dreams harder to reach
hope this was helpful im doing my gcses too :smile:
good luck
Original post by Haleem2000
watch motivational videos on youtube
read about great people you look up to or admire and how they achieved success
think about how disappointed and angry and frustrated you'll be if you dont pass your exams
think about all the people who are counting on you
think about your life goals and how doing bad in your exams will just make those dreams harder to reach
hope this was helpful im doing my gcses too :smile:
good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjZ0KbJcav0&nohtml5=False I feel it!
Reply 3
Original post by urbanlocations
I have literally no motivation to study at the moment and I have exams all next week(s) etc.

Like I want to revise but I physically can't lacking so much motivation for some reason!

Tips to get on track again?

I know exactly how you feel...
My advice is to get something to eat, get a big glass of water, turn off your phone, tidy your work space and then dedicate 1 hour to doing pure work before allowing yourself another break.
The way I motivate myself mentally is to picture how I want to feel after the exams are over... I want to feel good and not guilty. So revise! :smile: good luck x
Original post by EsGal
I know exactly how you feel...
My advice is to get something to eat, get a big glass of water, turn off your phone, tidy your work space and then dedicate 1 hour to doing pure work before allowing yourself another break.
The way I motivate myself mentally is to picture how I want to feel after the exams are over... I want to feel good and not guilty. So revise! :smile: good luck x

Sounds like a good plan!! It's just so stressful!!! :frown:
Hi, maybe set yourself some awards after each revision session ( personally I like making food (snacks like crisp sandwiches or yoghurt and fruit (when I am feeling healthier :tongue:) for short breaks and watching one of my tv shows for a larger break after a long session.
If music helps you maybe set a motivational soundtrack to get you pumped!
And also Imagine that lovely long summer after, and how great you will feel on results day if you get the grades you want :smile:
Have you tried reading Ronnie O'Sullivans book on running? That's some inspiration right there about forming new habits. Not an ideal time to read a whole book, of course, but maybe dip into it?
Reply 7
Fear is normally a good motivator, just think of results day, you dont want to walk out with disappointing grades.

Also, try a different revision method e.g. watch videos and take notes from that because that way ou arnt distracted in any way if that makes sense and fully focused on the video and the notes you're taking.
Original post by mscaffrey
Have you tried reading Ronnie O'Sullivans book on running? That's some inspiration right there about forming new habits. Not an ideal time to read a whole book, of course, but maybe dip into it?

Oooooo!!! Mr. Ronnie!
Original post by FabulouslyAwks
Hi, maybe set yourself some awards after each revision session ( personally I like making food (snacks like crisp sandwiches or yoghurt and fruit (when I am feeling healthier :tongue:) for short breaks and watching one of my tv shows for a larger break after a long session.
If music helps you maybe set a motivational soundtrack to get you pumped!
And also Imagine that lovely long summer after, and how great you will feel on results day if you get the grades you want :smile:

This is what I need!!! Yeah I am UNI so the grades mean a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest