The Student Room Group

AS Physics Help - AQA

Willing to help anybody doing the 2015 AQA specification. Submit questions and queries below
Good thread
Original post by GarlicBread01
Good thread

Thanks
Hi,
there is one thing that I keep getting confused on for some reason. SUVAT (Mechanics)
I use it in the wrong context.
Is there any clue in the questions or a way to figure it out?
Thanks, I'm sure this is a silly thing that can be resolved
Original post by smallbluebrain
Hi,
there is one thing that I keep getting confused on for some reason. SUVAT (Mechanics)
I use it in the wrong context.
Is there any clue in the questions or a way to figure it out?
Thanks, I'm sure this is a silly thing that can be resolved

Hey,
Physics can be so daunting when you first start to do exam questions, especially with the new specification making the mechanics module integrated into both papers! But I can assure you that over time after you have done more practice it will begin to make a lot more sense.

Whenever you come across a question, you should write down the side of the page any values they give you in the question. If three of these are any of the SUVAT values, then i can assure you that it will be a suvat equation you will have to use. Watch out though!! Sometimes things aren't as obvious, for example they may say 'an object is thrown from rest'. This is a hidden value!! It means that the initial velocity is 0 m/s.

There is a really good website called www.physicsandmathstutor.com
Take a look on there at the physics section and there are a whole load of questions on SUVAT. Try and do the majority of them and you will just get used to the style of question and will be able to identify them easily amongst others in the exam.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest