The Student Room Group

Muslim doctor calls killing homosexuals "compassionate"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by ellie0497
But this is a LAW.

I think if it was a law for Muslim doctors to kill homosexuals, it would be worse but it is not. Making discrimination and hatred a law is absolutely disgusting.
Death for homosexuals is part of Islamic law.
What's more, it is divine law so it cannot be challenged or revoked. It is eternal and perfect.

So I'd say, yeah, it is worse than a state law allowing religious businesses to refuse to provide their services to LGBT customers.
By some degree.
Original post by AsiaM
Thanks for the reply

This hadith is emphasising how bad the action is in islam. The quran is the law and it is not mentioned in there.

Also note 4 witnesses have to testify for any trial like this. What would be the chances? This hadith is displaying the severity of this crime

Four male witnesses? Would that be eight female witnesses then? :biggrin:
Original post by AsiaM

Also note 4 witnesses have to testify for any trial like this.

Or as QE2 has pointed out before, the accused confesses. Which is not uncommon where they use torture on them.
Original post by QE2
I notice that you didn't answer my question of whether you think the execution of homosexuals (under Islamic conditions) is right or wrong.

Shall we assume that your reluctance to answer means that you think that it is right?

I'm not finding it tedious.... more, enlightening.

fam it is very tedious

and what you presuming answers for, i think it is wrong
Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
If they were from a 19th cent book they could have been copied from earlier paintings.

Ah, good point :colondollar:

But they were interesting anyway, I thought "Who do those lads remind me of?"

Of course the answer is the smoking hot Warwick University Rowing Team :sexface:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/448166/slide_448166_5973194_free.jpg

In the painting, those lads do seem to have rather wide hips. Almost child-bearing. From the near east oriental homoerotic art I've seen they did seem to appreciate almost slightly chubby youths, I wonder if it's because it's a slightly more feminised look? Not sure. Doesn't do anything for me, I prefer the Warwick Uni type guys :sexface:

Lol they do look rather hot, so I wouldn't blame you.

Most definitely. Not sure if you remember Pastor Ted Haggard. In the US he was a major figure in the anti-gay movement, campaigning against marriage equality and so on. He was caught snorting crystal meth off a rent boy's arse :lol:

Haha yeah I do remember it :biggrin:. There is a long list of Pastors who are like that. Pastor James Manning is one of my favourites.
Reply 345
Original post by AsiaM
Theres no place in the quran where it says homosexuality is punished by killing. ISIS do that.
But there is in the sunnah, in sahih hadith, so it is an integral part of Islamic ideology.

And anyone with a brain cell can see how muslim they are. If they follow the 5 pillars, then they are Muslims. Admittedly, they follow a literalist and unmodernised interpretation of Islam, but it is one that is supported by classical tafsir such as Ibn Kathir.

Essentially, all ISIS are doing is refusing to look for a more acceptable, less violent interpretation of the Quran and sunnah. If there is a verse that says that they are allowed to have sex with their captives, or a hadith that says to execute homosexuals or apostates, they simply assume that it means what it says, and carry it out.
Reply 346
Original post by AsiaM
Thanks for the reply

This hadith is emphasising how bad the action is in islam. The quran is the law and it is not mentioned in there.

Also note 4 witnesses have to testify for any trial like this. What would be the chances? This hadith is displaying the severity of this crime
So, if all the appropriate conditions are fulfilled (and a confession will do instead of 4 witnesses), you agree with the official execution of homosexuals, and also apostates and adulterers?
Donald Trump "Abortion should be punished." Why are you not quoting this?
Original post by sahil19

Well, he recanted the next day, and now says only abortionists should be punished. What does it have to do with the killing of homosexuals?
Reply 349
Original post by AsiaM
A true muslim never would. A bad human might yes. Wht your implying is tht all mslims are evilhuman beings. So id rather not convrse with a bigot
How about when Muhammad tortured Kenana al Rabi to find out where the Banu Nadir treasure was hidden. Or when he gave permission for some followers to use deception in order to carry out the assassination of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf?

If Muhammad can behave like that, why not ordinary Muslims?
Original post by Foo.mp3
Good Bloke's answer + conditioning (habits/defaults) + fear

Spoiler

Some of my friends have left the fold of Islam and are still alive and well today :dontknow:
Original post by KingBradly
Yes. Muslims are the poor ickle victims here.

Yes because, it has become common practice to use a few incidents to judge the whole religion.
There are Christians who also believe the same thing, but society doesnt generalise on them
Reply 352
Original post by queen-bee
So why do people choose to follow it?
Three reasons.
Indoctrination, indoctrination, indoctrination.
Original post by QE2
Three reasons.

You forgot to mention that religious people normally indoctrinate their children to follow the same religion they do.
Reply 354
Original post by QE2
Three reasons.

Are you an atheist?
Original post by chemting

Lol they do look rather hot, so I wouldn't blame you.

They are insanely hot.
Reply 357
What I found interesting was that he said he agrees Islam prohibits homosexuality and that under an Islamic government there would be punishments, however he is not homosexual and is thus "neutral" on the matter.

I tried to probe it a bit, pointing out that if he's "neutral" on the matter he must realise the Islamic position is unduly harsh, but I don't think he wants to criticise his own religion or follow his position to its logical conclusion (in either direction)
I come across this quite a lot when quizzing Muslims about their position on the more unplesant aspects of Islamic ideology.
For instance, some are reluctant to outright condemn slavery because they are aware that it is permitted in the Quran, so it would be an act of kufr to condemn something that Allah has permitted.
However, at the same time they are aware that slavery is universally condemned by all civilised people and societies, so they can't come out in support of it - well, apart from those few who hold their deen higher than not beeing seen as medieval barbarians.
Reply 358
Original post by sfaraj
fam it is very tedious

and what you presuming answers for, i think it is wrong
So you consider Muhammad's (and by extension, Allah's) position on homosexuality to be wrong.
That's very honest and encouraging. If only more Muslims would have the courage to reject those unacceptable parts of the Quran and sunnah. It could see the start of a Christianity-like enlightenment.
Reply 359
Original post by sahil19
Because it is a different subject. There was a thread on it, if you want to comment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending